U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:52 PM

199 posts, read 623,444 times

Advertisements

Yet another pest to watch out for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 02:10 PM

413 posts, read 1,271,116 times
I would not like to see one of those.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:15 PM

314 posts, read 2,378,670 times
We live near Sea World, and I saw one of those today!! We were digging up some old stepping stones, and there it was. My wife told my 8 year old twin boys there was a worm, so they ran over and picked it up. It did not move like a worm. They put it in their critter container (it gets lots of use) and put a few bugs in with it. I heard them bragging about how they watched it eat a bug of some kind.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:13 PM

126 posts, read 378,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
They eat ant and termite larvae.
Sound like a good one to have around!

Old 03-24-2008, 09:54 PM

797 posts, read 2,738,526 times
The "worm" we found today was indeed a Texas Blind (thread) snake and was about 6inches long. The kids played with it long enough to "feed" it some potato bugs and then let it go. I am not a snake lover however I am happy to share my yard with any critter that will eat ants and termites. Follow this link for more info on this backyard friend.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:51 AM

126 posts, read 323,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplacelikeWA View Post
The "worm" we found today was indeed a Texas Blind (thread) snake and was about 6inches long. The kids played with it long enough to "feed" it some potato bugs and then let it go. I am not a snake lover however I am happy to share my yard with any critter that will eat ants and termites. Follow this link for more info on this backyard friend.
cheers to this! I am allergic to ant bites, so I really don't like them around. Gotta get me a snake

Old 03-25-2008, 07:04 AM

361 posts, read 821,827 times
I had one as a pet when I was a kid. They're harmless bug eaters. It never bit me once. They're not poisonous either.

You can generally tell a poisonous snake by the shape of it's head. If it had a pronounced head separate from the body and kinda diamond-shaped, it's poisonous. If it has a smooth head that flows with the body, it's not (with the exception of the coral snake).

The silver/gray ones are more commonly known as earth snakes.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,020 times
Default Agh!

Ugly little thing, I was just taking out the trash and hanging a banner on my car when barefoot me almost stept on this wormie little thing, caught it in a jar and came to look it up.. WORM SNAKE? OMG! why does only happen when my hubby is out? but the courious side of me wants to exam it before stepping on it. if it is really good, then I will set it FREE to scare me anther time. which I did. Little thing was probably more scared then me. or was it. thanks for the info
Yukkiething

Old 04-23-2008, 10:21 PM

380 posts, read 1,165,739 times
Anyone living around Hollywood Park happen to see one, please let me know. I'd like to get my hands on a couple. I want to deposit them on my land and hopefully they'll help rid of some of the little critters around.

Ty

Old 04-18-2010, 11:08 AM

160 posts, read 465,322 times
Hello, I'm bringing up this old thread because I've seen four worm snakes inside my house during the past month or two. I find it interesting that my original post was during the same time of the year.

I uploaded a video of the one that I just found a hour or so ago. I don't know if this link will work though:

Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Has anyone else seen these worm snakes recently? I'm slightly concerned that this time around there have been more than one in my house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio