Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 01:40 PM

6,706 posts, read 8,776,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Read View Post
Doesn't matter if the change was before or after. Open Carry is state law. Olmos Park can't regulate open carry.
I get that it was always state law. What I was saying is that Olmos Park might get sued for trying to make their little enclave immune from this law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 01:48 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,923,039 times
I have my own bone to pick with the arrogant dipsticks in Olmos Park. Nice to get a ticket for mud on your vehicle, honking your horn, idling in the street, delivering goods to a new residence and apparently making too much noise at 9AM, etc. I won't do business of any kind there as I know it's going to cost me somewhere along the line with the police dept. I avoid the area and will drive around it. You like it, you can have it. But I agree that this is going to get costly for Olmos Park and I'll celebrate when they get hammered. I also have a MAJOR bone to pick with one of their now deceased judges. That's 50 grand I won't see again for absolutely NOTHING....and I mean nothing, just pay or we'll take it.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:19 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
A few years ago I was ordering a beer (my first) at Sam's Burger Joint and noticed that they had a sign that said something along the lines of "The unlicensed possession of a handgun on the premises is illegal." I politely told the bartender that they should get a proper 30.06 sign because the one they had wouldn't prevent license holders from carrying. She asked if I was carrying and I told her that I wasn't, and a few sips into my beer she walked away and came back with a bouncer and had me removed from the building. He apologized and said that he'd told management the same thing about the sign. Oh well...
Actually, you were wrong. The only time that it's a "no-go" by law is IF the location derives 51% or more of their sales from alcohol. Most restaurants won't hit that level, so carrying a firearm under the authority of the state's carry law is perfectly legal.

Old 03-29-2018, 04:57 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
The only time that it's a "no-go" by law is IF the location derives 51% or more of their sales from alcohol. Most restaurants won't hit that level, so carrying a firearm under the authority of the state's carry law is perfectly legal.
Even with a properly worded/positioned 30.06 sign?

Old 03-29-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Even with a properly worded/positioned 30.06 sign?
Sounds like they don't care if you have a gun, so long as you're licensed. No big deal.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:49 PM

287 posts, read 363,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I get that it was always state law. What I was saying is that Olmos Park might get sued for trying to make their little enclave immune from this law.
I sure hope that happens, and from the looks of it, this guy probably will sue. I hope they get hammered.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:21 AM

923 posts, read 1,502,522 times

It seems to me the Olmos Park police and the city council are out of control, and living in a fantasy world.
Can Olmos Park repeal a state law?!?

Old 03-30-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
It seems to me the Olmos Park police and the city council are out of control, and living in a fantasy world.
No - which is undoubtedly what their attorney advised them in that executive session held before they took their public vote.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:51 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,776,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
The way I read it....Olmos Park is repealing their own city ordinance that banned anyone from carrying a loaded weapon except for their own police.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:47 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,513 times
I've had polite conversations with some businesses. For the record, I told Central Market that their 51% sign was incorrect. I don't know if I had them change but they did.

I discussed the 30.07 sign with Sea Island management. They supported concealed carry but felt that OC annoyed their customers. They had a couple of guys wave their arms about it but no real customer impact.

FirstMark CU - local manager yelled at me and told me that this was a decision of the Board and WE DON'T HAVE THIS CONVERSATION!

I try - however, the anti gun folks do get a boost in their presentations from some of the OC EBR guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio