Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 07:49 AM

952 posts, read 2,626,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napunani View Post
BLUE WAVE CAR WASH going in next to DEL-TACO on Culebra. Signed posted in empty lot today.

is this the only one in SA? first I've heard of this name....??
and has anyone tried this before?

Old 06-05-2013, 08:03 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,957,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
is this the only one in SA? first I've heard of this name....??
and has anyone tried this before?
What's interesting to me is that it's a concept very similar to Pirate's Cove. In fact, if you go to Blue Wave's website, take a look at the payment kiosk picture. The machine is exactly the same as the ones at Pirate's Cove. Curious...

I'm about done with PC anyways. The last two times I've taken my car through something wasn't right. Last week's visit found the right side of my car barely cleaned due to the fact that the vertical brushes failed to come towards my car (they kinda just sat there).

--Dim

Old 06-05-2013, 05:19 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,644,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
Rumors....believe it when they break ground and put up a sign "Sam's coming in Spring 20XX".
Didn't you mean 30XX?

Old 06-09-2013, 06:30 AM

168 posts, read 408,585 times
What's up with kids selling bottled water at CULEBRA and the 1604 access road? Yesterday I saw a near-miss by a quick-acting motorist when a small child (looked to be 5 or 6 years old) darted out into traffic! Is a buck that important? Cannot understand why a parent/adult would believe it is safe for a child under 12 years old to be dashing in/out of traffic for a buck. Is there a permit required by CoSA for this selling activity?

Old 06-10-2013, 05:10 AM

184 posts, read 461,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napunani View Post
What's up with kids selling bottled water at CULEBRA and the 1604 access road? Yesterday I saw a near-miss by a quick-acting motorist when a small child (looked to be 5 or 6 years old) darted out into traffic! Is a buck that important? Cannot understand why a parent/adult would believe it is safe for a child under 12 years old to be dashing in/out of traffic for a buck. Is there a permit required by CoSA for this selling activity?
Yeah I have mentioned something about this before, the Parents and so called Organizations that they are supposedly selling water for disgust me.
Put your child at risk at high traffic areas for a couple of bucks.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:59 AM

4,429 posts, read 5,320,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdodd View Post
Yeah I have mentioned something about this before, the Parents and so called Organizations that they are supposedly selling water for disgust me.
Put your child at risk at high traffic areas for a couple of bucks.
I refuse to buy anthing at intersection but when is the last time you have heard of some child being mowed down at an intersection?

Old 06-10-2013, 08:06 AM

184 posts, read 461,263 times
True have not heard about it, but it only takes 1 time for it to happen.
These are kids who do not pay attention to their surroundings, I have 2 kids and I know that to be true.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:24 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,955,695 times
It's not a matter of if, but when. It is dangerous and stupid and I would never allow my kid to hawk anything at an intersection. If he was part of a band or sports group that did, I'd make sure he was sick that day and I would have to seriously question the judgment of the group leader or coach or whatever.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:50 PM

4,429 posts, read 5,320,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdodd View Post
True have not heard about it, but it only takes 1 time for it to happen.
These are kids who do not pay attention to their surroundings, I have 2 kids and I know that to be true.

I don't doubt it is dangerous (though not as dangerous of some in this thread seem to think based on this happening every day and never hearing a story about it) and I would never have a child let alone let a child that’s under my supervisor sell anything at an intersection. As for the COSA I would be very interested to see that court case Bo pointed out in the other thread ( I/m also not sure why the OP posted the same thing twice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
It's not a matter of if, but when. It is dangerous and stupid and I would never allow my kid to hawk anything at an intersection. If he was part of a band or sports group that did, I'd make sure he was sick that day and I would have to seriously question the judgment of the group leader or coach or whatever.

I would also question them for wanting to sell something so cheap like that lol. 99% of the time it's water bottles or some other cheap beverage.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:21 PM

502 posts, read 932,265 times
It's not smart but it is there right to be stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio