U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 08:25 PM

410 posts, read 1,140,155 times

Advertisements

Or free healthcare from the military?

Old 04-14-2010, 08:32 PM

14 posts, read 22,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Are they any good? Anyone?
They sure are, went to check it out and got two free subs. I had the "Cali" with fresh cut advacados, provolone, turkey and bacon. It was delish. They were also slicing the meat fresh after you order, kind of a cool concept. The official opening is tomorrow.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:13 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,091,454 times
Since it is located in that area, let me put a plug in for the Complete Urgent Care office next to HEB and Party City. I had to go by there yesterday evening and was in and out in less than a half hour. It took me longer to get my medications from the Walgreens across the street!

The staff are friendly and helpful, and the doctor's thorough. My wife's gone by there before and also had a great experience.

And best of all, they're TRICARE-approved! Just get a referral number and you’re good to go!

Cheers! M2

Old 04-15-2010, 07:18 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,280,148 times
Thank you very much for that info MMM! My wife and I saw that place on Sunday and were wondering if it was Tricare friendly. That location is much better than the Gonzaba (sp?) clinic and the appointment line has been pretty good at handing out referrals lately.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:35 AM

14,610 posts, read 31,123,701 times
I stopped in there one day to inquire about them seeing my son, who I thought had strep, and the nurse/lady at the counter was the rudest person I've ever encountered in a medical office. They may have been having a rough day--it was in the middle of the H1N1 frenzy, there was a woman on a stretcher being hauled out through the front, but they stopped her to collect her payment, and she was giving me all sorts of grief for inquiring what a dr. visit would run. (We have deductible/co-insurance) I would not let them treat my petunias, let alone my son, if that's the kind of crap I'm greeted with.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:58 AM

Are you talking about Complete Urgent Care or Gonzaba? I ask because I read numerous similar stories about the latter, which made me hesitate to go there.

Complete Urgent Care has been very professional in both my wife's and my experiences. Plus, all four of the doctors there have miltiary experience (well, they were in the Air Force! ).

Cheers! M2

Old 04-15-2010, 09:21 AM

14,610 posts, read 31,123,701 times
Complete Urgent Care, right next to HEB. As I mentioned, maybe they (she) was having a bad day, but I had a sick kid at home so my day was just as crappy. She was rude and even the exchange between the poor lady on the stretcher and her was not pleasant. Just left a bad taste in my mouth so I blew them off. If you don't like dealing with sick people you should not be working in a clinic.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:41 PM

Don't blame you, something like that would have the same effect on me. It is just we've had completely different experiences, which is why I am so surprised to hear your story.

There were three young ladies working the front desk that were very helpful, as was the nurse on duty. I was also impressed with Dr. Matt Lippstone, who I saw. Hopefully they've figured out the problems and corrected them.

And I absolutely agree with the sick kid analogy, it is worse than being sick yourself...

Cheers! M2

Old 04-29-2010, 08:36 AM

7 posts, read 25,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Since it is located in that area, let me put a plug in for the Complete Urgent Care office next to HEB and Party City. I had to go by there yesterday evening and was in and out in less than a half hour. It took me longer to get my medications from the Walgreens across the street!

The staff are friendly and helpful, and the doctor's thorough. My wife's gone by there before and also had a great experience.

And best of all, they're TRICARE-approved! Just get a referral number and you’re good to go!

Cheers! M2
I've taken my son there at least three times since the school year started (always gets sick on nights and weekends ) and they are good and quick. I've never had a problem with the staff.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 AM

It appears BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse (http://www.bjsrestaurants.com/locationdetail.aspx?lcID=113 - broken link) in Alamo Ranch has opened...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio