U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 10:41 AM

1,720 posts, read 4,009,037 times

Advertisements

ohh please, its just a simple recepie really there are two versions:

version 1:

1 Avocado
1 cup of water
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 Lemon squeezed (not lime ok)
Pinch of Salt
Dash of Garlic Powder
1/4 cup of white vinegar
1 Jalapeño divided and deseeded

add everything on a blender, and blend.

Version two:
Same as Version one, but...

4-5 tomatillos
Dried Red chillies to your taste if you like it spicy add about 5.
1 garlic glove.

basicly you have two opions, option 1 is boil the tomatillos,chillies and garlic clove then add them to the blender, option 2 is grill them on a tortilla warmer or "comal" then add to blender.

after you are done mixing the sauce, add sourcream to make it thicker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,999 times
Default Mamacita sauce

Does anyone know what all is in the Mamacita Sauce? My son REALLY loves the chicken enchilada's with the Mamacita's sauce on it. Any help would be appreciated...

Old 07-23-2009, 11:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,806 times
If you're not from Texas you probably don't know that the "Green Sauce" at Mamacita's is VERY different from the Verde sauce everyone is referring to. I was told at the restaurant in San Marcos by our waitress that its made with avocado, sour cream, a little of their salsa, and GREEN FOOD COLORING. That's what makes that lovely color. Now if we could only figure out the salsa recipe there we could duplicate it very easily! That is the secret... Anyone know how to make the actual salsa?? I love them both!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:21 AM

81 posts, read 193,661 times
These are somewhat similar. Not exactly the same, but at least in the same ballpark as Mamacita's. Definitely not the same as all the "salsa verde" recipes people have posted which are not at all like Mamacita's green salsa. LOL

Casa Ole Green Sauce Recipe #9888 @CDKitchen

http://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=...een%20sauce%29

Old 07-26-2010, 09:00 AM

6,878 posts, read 18,187,633 times
I realize this is an old thread, but you can get the famous Ninfa's original recipe for green sauce here:

Salsa salvation: Ninfa's green sauce | Homesick Texan

I'm still working on finding Pappasito's....mmmm!

Old 07-26-2010, 03:54 PM

420 posts, read 1,014,543 times
When we get something we like at Disney we always ask for the recipe and they give it to us in order to help prevent allergy conflicts. But the proportions are usually a bit off. I remember I had a recipe for a brownie we had there that started with 18 dozen eggs.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,025 times
ok i worked at mamacitas for 5 years and im sorry to say but not one of you got it right because its not what everyone assumes. it is peas not avocado or green food coloring

Old 05-29-2012, 07:28 AM

97 posts, read 304,188 times
Somewhat off topic but really not

If you like Green Sauce - you really need to try "That Green Sauce" from HEB...phenomenal!

Old 06-28-2015, 06:12 PM

6,461 posts, read 6,458,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitas View Post
ok i worked at mamacitas for 5 years and im sorry to say but not one of you got it right because its not what everyone assumes. it is peas not avocado or green food coloring
We eat at Mamacitas often. Yummy sauce. I was told it had avocados in it, because my friend is allergic and couldn't eat it. Maybe they were lying? It has been chunkier the last few years. Maybe they are just blending it less.

I think it has avocados and sour cream.

I know it has cilantro, because you can sometimes see it in it.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:50 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,756,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
We eat at Mamacitas often. Yummy sauce. I was told it had avocados in it, because my friend is allergic and couldn't eat it. Maybe they were lying? It has been chunkier the last few years. Maybe they are just blending it less.

I think it has avocados and sour cream.

I know it has cilantro, because you can sometimes see it in it.
Thanks for the reemergence of thread. Maybe we can get some new recipes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or