U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 03:28 AM

95 posts, read 381,517 times

Advertisements

We'll be arriving in SA within a couple of months and have to buy a slew of new appliances -- fridge, wash/dryer, water softener, etc. -- as soon as we hit the ground. My question is, where are we going to get the best selection and deals? My in-laws and brother-in-law who live in Austin recommended Conn's, but the on-line selection at Sears and Lowe's seem to be pretty hard to beat. But I want to consider the service aspects, too. Yes, we've looked at AAFES, but they can't guarantee delivery dates or times or installation (bummer).

As always, thanks so much in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 05:47 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,291,916 times
We bought our washer and dryer at Lowes and not only got an excellent deal, they delivered and set up the next day at our convenience. We will definately go back to them when it is time to upgrade our other appliances.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:08 AM

4,263 posts, read 9,691,565 times
Two words- Appliance Smart

Old 03-28-2008, 07:30 AM

3,471 posts, read 17,211,265 times
Two words again. Appliance Smart. They are the best price, have warranties, delivery when you want or need it, even Sunday. Price is better than anywhere else. I have rental properties and seem to be replacing appliances all the time, I just go there and get what I need. I've bought high end stuff for myself as well as middle end stuff for the rentals. Never had a problem.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:37 PM

163 posts, read 266,658 times
I recently saved $1400 on a fridge purchased at Appliance Smart. It is mostly scratch & dent, and you have decide how much of a flaw you can live with for the savings. For me, the two small dents were worth it, and almost no-one ever notices them.

That said, service after the sale pretty much sucks. The saleswoman (Rose) who sold me the fridge promised to remove all the stickers, clean the outside, and wrap carefully. It came all gunked up with stickers (had to buy Goo-Gone) and not wrapped at all.

Then, when I went to pick up the missing filter, they tried to give me a used one in a box as "new" and when I refused and said I wanted a new one, they acted like it was new, but finally gave me one that was still in a foil wrapper, as opposed to the one with the dark stains and sediment. $40 filter, no big deal, but their attitude conveyed quite a bit.

Anyway, definitely worth going to check out their stuff, especially after you shop around, and then you can decide if the savings are worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio