U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-29-2008, 04:06 PM

3,060 posts, read 5,063,936 times

Advertisements

Instead of lunch meets, maybe we should all go get new ink together - won't that be a party!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 04:09 PM

2,398 posts, read 4,356,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Instead of lunch meets, maybe we should all go get new ink together - won't that be a party!
Oooh...I'd go! Mine are all from a place called Body Art off of I-35 and Southcross. Where do you go?

Old 03-29-2008, 04:15 PM

In SA, I've been to Dandyland and Backbone - I went to a place in Little Rock ages ago, but I think that guy was on a temporary mental bend and didn't do that great of a job. I'm hoping to get those two fixed soon...

Old 03-29-2008, 09:13 PM

50,261 posts, read 47,603,261 times
glad you liked it. comment on montrose and witches. have you ever noticed that the witch next door is never a black witch I mean never ever, always by some miraculous coincidence always a white witch.
amazing.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:22 PM

3,115 posts, read 6,200,882 times
No one wants to admit to being a black (evil) witch. The white (good) witches are part of wicka and into urbs and spices, supposedly doing good things not casting evil spells on people. I've known two white witches. Never knew a black witch. Of course, when we refer to white and black, we are not talking about skin color, but about attitudes.

Couldn't find a witch.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:36 PM

13,805 posts, read 19,033,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
might be able to get a serious group discount that way.. I went with my wife and daughter and the total came to $450. It might've been cheaper to go out to dinner instead
Once I figure out what my cover up is going to be, I'm up for another one. This one is starting to peel a little now and of course I wore a white t-shirt.. so now it's a little black and red on the right sleeve.. doh

edit- the problem would be deciding on a location. I really like the guy that did mine and I don't think I'd be too keen on going somewhere else. I'm pretty sure most other people feel that way about their favorite artist..

Old 03-29-2008, 10:00 PM

I agree with you RD - ink is a commitment, so when you find someone you're comfortable with, then you usually stick with them....(D*** you, Mig, for moving to Austin! )

As long as the artist is good, I'm for it. Most of the artwork I have is stuff I've drawn or found myself, I haven't had to leave it up to the artist to figure out. Well, except for my left shoulder, Mig did that one.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:41 PM

72 posts, read 180,733 times
-Most excitement since I've been in San Antonio. Went to Eisenhower Flea Market today to get some flowers. Wow!!! I have never seen another place like it. People from all walks of life there for something in particular. Thanks for the tip. I just love the little plant lady.

-Best moment of the week. The look on the face of a fifth-grader who struggles every day and has never passed a TAKS on the first try or a benchmark test, passed the TAKS on the first try in reading. I think it may have been the best day of his life! Don't get me started about that crazy test.

-Scariest moment of my life-
#1 The day my mom (40) told me she had aggressive breast cancer-watching her fight changed me.

#2 Stopping at a stop light in a rainstrom and watching a garbage truck avoid rearending me by driving up on the sidewalk and down the sidewalk and grass for about a block. I can still see the look of terror in the driver's eyes.

-Silliest concert moment-Going to see Prince after he had found God. He was singing all of his old songs without swear words or sexual connotations-it was PAINFUL!!!!

Old 03-29-2008, 11:01 PM

Back in 1969, I was working as a photographer in the Dome Shadows nite club in Houston. One nite Neil Diamond came in after a concert. He sang "Sweet Caroline", but the house band didn't know the music and that was painful. He made an a** of himself and people asked, "who was that?" I happened to also work in a record shop and I recognized his name. Probably the only one around who did. He flashed his fancy diamond ring at us, got in his limo and sped away. The owner of the club thought he was weird.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:18 PM

One of the nice bennies of this thread, you are not limited to keep the topic about San Antonio or some topic, just keep the interesting stories coming; whether Kalamozoozoo or where ever, just make the story interesting so that others don't get bored!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio