Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 02:48 PM

448 posts, read 702,535 times

Advertisements

Here's my source, the city secretary, you can see her contact information if you want to do your own PIR. Without a contract with the state to pay them per scofflaw hold the registration will not be held. As you can see the city says they do not have a contract. Therefore there are no registration holds. So who exactly is your source in Leon Valley that is telling you that they do have a scofflaw contract in place to put registration holds on vehicles with unpaid camera tickets? Please let me know and post the documents as I have that support your claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
As usual, half fact, half fantasy. They CAN pursue you as a civil matter - and stack up enough to make it worth your while and they will. And don't know your "sources", but mine are saying they WILL move to make the vehicle unable to have the registration renewed. Ways around it? Yeah, probably are - but those ways usually end up costing more than just paying the ticket.

And of course, there's always the option of just NOT RUNNING THE RED LIGHT.
Attached Thumbnails
Never pay a red light camera ticket! Unenforceable. (merged/updated)-leonvalleypir.png  

Old 06-05-2018, 04:27 PM

814 posts, read 676,477 times
A few years ago, states were even sharing info about unpaid parking tickets. I had to settle an old one in GA in order to get my registration in TX.

Can't beat the computer database.

Old 06-05-2018, 04:40 PM

Don't know what the circumstances were in your case but there is no provision in Texas right now for that to happen. They definitely don't share across state lines for red light camera tickets. They send notices and say you have to pay but that doesn't hold up at the window. And even if it were you still don't have to pay. The only way they can block it is with the state and that only works if you try to renew online, it's up to each county to decide if they want to enforce it. Many refuse to enforce the hold at all. Most if not all of them will still let you renew by mail or in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonator View Post
A few years ago, states were even sharing info about unpaid parking tickets. I had to settle an old one in GA in order to get my registration in TX.

Can't beat the computer database.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:10 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,501,700 times
Well, doesn't really matter if they enforce them or not. That's a monkey I don't want on my back...have enough to worry about as it is.

If I ran the light, I'll pay the fine, if just to avoid the hassle that may or may not happen later down the road.

My young and dumb days are long gone....running a light is just stupid in so many ways.
Get off my lawn.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:17 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baytownb View Post
Please, before you embarrass yourself again learn something about what you are talking about. You aren't qualified to have an opinion on this issue.
Wow....someone's sure defensive. Leon Valley hasn't had the lights up long enough to warrant any action yet. And you personally talked to the city, eh? Who was it you spoke with? Because the email you provide as "proof" was very narrow in what it asked - you didn't ask if there was any provision of enforcement for unpaid red light tickets.

As to being qualified......well, shucks, suh - obviously, ah'm jest an unedicated feller what don't know nuthin' or nobody......ah'll bow to yer obviously sofistikated self!

Pro tip folks - don't ignore the tickets.....trust me on this one. Some of you DO know me, and know I have a tad more than a smatterin' of knowledge about the City of Leon Valley......since my father was one of the founders.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:23 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,007,169 times
Lol.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:42 PM

No one is advocating running a red light. I don't run red lights and have never been issued a ticket for running a red light by cop or camera. We are talking about HOW it should be enforced not IF. If they want to enforce a crime they should treat it as a crime. And the city shouldn't break the law to do it.

I 100% support your right to pay an unenforceable ticket and paying into a corrupt money making scheme. I am just letting people know that it is entirely optional. State law says you don't have to pay them that's worth getting out there. What you do with the information is entirely up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Well, doesn't really matter if they enforce them or not. That's a monkey I don't want on my back...have enough to worry about as it is.

If I ran the light, I'll pay the fine, if just to avoid the hassle that may or may not happen later down the road.

My young and dumb days are long gone....running a light is just stupid in so many ways.
Get off my lawn.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:53 PM

Defensive? No, just tired of people that know nothing talking like they do know something. It's quite evident that you are just making crap up hoping people will think you are making a point when you aren't and will be intimidated into paying a fake ticket they don't have to.

Of course they haven't had the "lights" (I think you mean cameras, but that's about what I expect from your lack of knowledge on the subject) up long enough to warrant any action yet. That's exactly what I said, they haven't entered a contract with the state to red flag tickets, so anyone issued a red light camera ticket by Leon Valley can renew their registration with no issues whatsoever. You said that was untrue and you had a "source" So again, what is your source in Leon Valley that says they are enforcing with registration holds?

That was the only question on the table, your dispute of the fact that Leon Valley won't block registrations. Why would I ask that question in a public information request for certain documents related to the program? We already know what the state law is. They can't arrest you for not paying, they can't put it on your credit for not paying, they can't put points on your license for not paying, they can't report it to your insurance and no apparently you agree with my "fantasy" that Leon Valley isn't holding registrations. So what precisely mr. expert would that enforcement mechanism be?

So to sum it up I have documents from the city in response to a public information request that prove they are not blocking registrations yet you have a "source" that says that isn't true but when I asked who that source is and where your documents are like I produced you then changed your story to "they haven't been up long enough" So which was it? Your source at Leon Valley told you they are blocking registrations or that they aren't doing that because they haven't had the program long enough to do that?

Or could it be that, as I said you have no idea what you are talking about as the words are coming out of your back side. Tell us what your source is, show me a document, prove how they are going to enforce them or admit you are a liar. Ball's in your court son, I don't care who your daddy was, you don't know jack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Wow....someone's sure defensive. Leon Valley hasn't had the lights up long enough to warrant any action yet. And you personally talked to the city, eh? Who was it you spoke with? Because the email you provide as "proof" was very narrow in what it asked - you didn't ask if there was any provision of enforcement for unpaid red light tickets.

As to being qualified......well, shucks, suh - obviously, ah'm jest an unedicated feller what don't know nuthin' or nobody......ah'll bow to yer obviously sofistikated self!

Pro tip folks - don't ignore the tickets.....trust me on this one. Some of you DO know me, and know I have a tad more than a smatterin' of knowledge about the City of Leon Valley......since my father was one of the founders.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:57 PM

Here's the state statute for the "son of the founder" that is lying to the people to try to make them pay a ticket they don't have to. It's Texas Transportation code 707. https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/D...htm/TN.707.htm

Sec. 707.018. IMPOSITION OF CIVIL PENALTY NOT A CONVICTION. The imposition of a civil penalty under this chapter is not a conviction and may not be considered a conviction for any purpose.

Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1149 (S.B. 1119), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2007.

Sec. 707.019. FAILURE TO PAY CIVIL PENALTY. (a) If the owner of the motor vehicle fails to timely pay the amount of the civil penalty imposed against the owner:
(1) an arrest warrant may not be issued for the owner; and
(2) the imposition of the civil penalty may not be recorded on the owner's driving record.
(b) Notice of Subsection (a) must be included in the notice of violation required by Section 707.011(c).

……….

(h) A local authority or the person with which the local authority contracts for the administration and enforcement of a photographic traffic signal enforcement system may not provide information about a civil penalty imposed under this chapter to a credit bureau, as defined by Section 392.001, Finance Code.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:02 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,501,700 times
>>>> sets the ball on the tee for TRN......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio