Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 01:59 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,328,448 times

Advertisements

Just an observation having spent some time in Austin recently. The San Antonio Whole Foods and Central Market really are not that good as compared to the Austin versions.

The Whole Foods has such a limited take out of some crappy fried chicken and veggies for instance. Central Market has rows and rows of salad.

Also, the attitude difference - the stores in Austin are fun places full of weird and whacky Austinites. Nice folks.

The stores here, being in Alamo Heights, are full of trophy wives, withered old diamond dripping soon to be displaced by the trophy wife matrons and tight butted stuck up master of the universe men.

Any chance we could get some nicer stores, maybe up on 1604 and away from the class oppressors of Alamo Heights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 02:25 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
Just an observation having spent some time in Austin recently. The San Antonio Whole Foods and Central Market really are not that good as compared to the Austin versions.

The Whole Foods has such a limited take out of some crappy fried chicken and veggies for instance. Central Market has rows and rows of salad.

Also, the attitude difference - the stores in Austin are fun places full of weird and whacky Austinites. Nice folks.

The stores here, being in Alamo Heights, are full of trophy wives, withered old diamond dripping soon to be displaced by the trophy wife matrons and tight butted stuck up master of the universe men.

Any chance we could get some nicer stores, maybe up on 1604 and away from the class oppressors of Alamo Heights?
Having worked at Central Market here and Whole Foods in Austin I must say that every bit of your post is correct. I doubt it will ever be like Austin here because the mentality is just different. People seem to care more about what class they are in here than in Austin.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:04 PM

546 posts, read 3,103,922 times
Quote:
Here we go with the Alamo Heights bashing AGAIN. Moderator cut: name-calling

Last edited by Bo; 08-29-2008 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: If you feel a post is trolling, use the mod-alert button and let the mods decide. Calling another poster out is not allowed.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:52 PM

490 posts, read 1,094,419 times
Quote:
Just an observation having spent some time in

I'll let my wife know you saw her there. Thanks.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:55 PM

791 posts, read 3,958,977 times
Quote:
Where can I get me one of those tight-butt men?

Old 08-28-2008, 04:57 PM

4 posts, read 8,896 times
Apparently she saw me there too, by myself without my wife

Old 08-28-2008, 08:35 PM

31 posts, read 166,581 times
Don't forget carless Trinity students!

Since I don't have a car, Central Market is, unfortunately, the closest grocery store to campus. Makes my wallet cry.

It is nice to visit though and dream. Sometimes after I watch the food network, I just get the urge to see Central Market.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:16 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,328,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by googie2525 View Post
Here we go with the Alamo Heights bashing AGAIN. Moderator cut: orphaned quote
My purpose was not to bash Alamo Heights but to discuss the quality of the stores. The comment was to speculate that the demographics of the area perhaps contributed to their limited selections.

I just want some better stores with good stuff and happy people. If Alamo Heights bashing is a sport on the forum, I have better things to do.

I want better cheese! Better take out! That's it.

Last edited by Bo; 08-29-2008 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: Deleted section from quote that was deleted above.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:31 AM

57 posts, read 158,323 times
Quote:
Just an observation having spent some time in Austin recently.
Yeah, I guess I can see the appeal of being surrounded by weird, wacky and nice college students. Problem is, when people turn 30, 40 and 50 and keep dressing and behaving like college students. There is alot of that going on in Austin. Wacky and sad-looking old folks.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:52 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,437,451 times
Quote:

?
If you want an Austin atmosphere move to Austin. It's pretty incredulous to complain about not having a store near you, when you are the one that choose to live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio