U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-19-2009, 07:51 AM

3,105 posts, read 6,115,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
that's hilarious! I would rather look at your duct-taped booty than being exposed to all the crack I am exposed to on a daily basis. Where's my throw-up smiley? I mean, come on! Cover that thing up!
haha. I was telling my daughter about this on the phone a while ago. She asked me "you did put the duct tape on the inside right mom?"

Yes RD, have a WONDERFUL trip and enjoy all the cold you can I'll be praying for that 9MM for ya. Just hope you can find some ammo to go along with it . happy anniversary!!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:46 AM

667 posts, read 1,020,538 times
I've been known to staple things that aren't where they should be (hems, bra straps, button holes) for a temporary solution... I think we all have a little McGyver in us when we have to..

Old 02-19-2009, 08:48 AM

667 posts, read 1,020,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Since Obama said it was okay to wait till June,
Let that be a lesson for you going forward.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:39 AM

604 posts, read 969,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd33 View Post
I've been known to staple things that aren't where they should be (hems, bra straps, button holes) for a temporary solution... I think we all have a little McGyver in us when we have to..

I tell my kids sometimes--give it to daddy,he can fix anything, he's my McGyver.....the kids look at me like --what's a McGyver??!! Its kind of hard to explain--but glad to see someone else remembers!

Old 02-19-2009, 02:09 PM

3,105 posts, read 6,115,360 times
I got this cute email today and wanted to share:

I RESCUED A HUMAN TODAY
by Janine Allen

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid.

As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life.

She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship.

A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well. Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes. I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today.

Janine Allen, a trainer with RescueMeDog in California and Wyoming, has granted permission to share her essay.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:42 PM

11,001 posts, read 6,933,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd33 View Post
Let that be a lesson for you going forward.
I guess I'll plug it in when June comes around.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:35 PM
djw

951 posts, read 1,911,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I got this cute email today and wanted to share:

I RESCUED A HUMAN TODAY
by Janine Allen

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid.

As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life.

She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship.

A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well. Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes. I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today.

Janine Allen, a trainer with RescueMeDog in California and Wyoming, has granted permission to share her essay.
Gee thanks. Now my son wants to know why I'm sitting here bawling! That is a very sweet story!

Old 02-19-2009, 05:43 PM

5,565 posts, read 9,335,462 times
Okay my "ban" did not last that long

So I leave and now you guys are talking about duct taping booty and I miss out on the fun?

Btw, if you want easy reps, go into one of the political forums and you can literally buy 2 for 5. Just argue with someone and you'll have lots of people repping you, lol.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:55 PM
djw

951 posts, read 1,911,983 times
I've just gotta get something off my chest and I'm curious if any other parents of high schoolers are seeing the same thing - or any grade for that matter.

I've been frustrated all year that the teachers are overworked (benefit of the doubt here) and as a result are not giving enough tough assignments to challenge students. Kiddo has brought home homework less than ten times since the beginning of the year, has had no major projects, and is allowed to turn in crap and turn in crap late and with no consequence. He's made all "A"s each semester - but not because he's any kind of bookworm...

Recent case: had "missing assigment" comment on parent connection. After discussion he admitted he'd blown off the assignment. I made him do it fully expecting only partial credit, if any, from the teacher. He turned it in almost three weeks late and got a 100. What does that teach my kid? Another time, he had a major "book project" grade due. He threw something together in about 15 minutes, I told him it was pretty substandard and expected the teach to give him a "C" for it. Nope. Got a 100. This was two different teachers.

What gives? How are my efforts at work ethics, responsibility, and pride in accomplishment getting reinforced by this nonsense?

Old 02-20-2009, 04:55 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,457,642 times
Are your kid's teachers able to spell? My son's ENGLISH teacher was having some issues with that at the beginning of the year. It's frustrating! Same thing happens at the college level here..........I've seen it with my own eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio