Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2008, 04:56 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,273,279 times

Advertisements

yeah, I already have the $15 off. I just wanted to know what triggered them suddenly figuring out I had never paid any taxes for my cell phone. It's been at least 10 years that I haven't. Their almost $14 in "fees" is pure BS too.. I think they're trying to make up for all the people that have jumped ship on them, but it's just going to cause those of us remaining to jump off as soon as we can..

Old 05-10-2008, 06:47 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,884,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I've found that supervisors there only increase the frustration factor.. I was seriously hoping they had finally figured out their customer service sucked and had fired all the old ones, but they obviously came back somehow.. I so wish I could've strangled the guy through the phone too.. if that would've been customer service at a store I definitely would've reached over and knocked him out..
Try talking to a supervisor at the Roadrunner help desk. I start out being nice, and by the time I am done, I am six shades of red and there are veins bulging. I just want my freakin' internet to work, so please stop lying to me when you tell me you will send a technician out next Tuesday. No one ever comes.

Old 05-10-2008, 07:37 PM

Our little buddy Ryno is going to be "out" for a while and wanted to wish everyone that's a mom a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! We are going to miss him but he'll be back!

So, from Ryno,

Old 05-10-2008, 10:10 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,273,279 times
The only problem I've ever had with Roadrunner is getting them to figure out I know more than they do.. I usually call and need something specific, but they try to script fix it. They eventually figure it out, but it takes a few minutes.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:05 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,159,122 times
Quote:
The only problem I've ever had with Roadrunner is getting them to figure out I know more than they do.. I usually call and need something specific, but they try to script fix it. They eventually figure it out, but it takes a few minutes.
Isn't that the pits ???? When you call them up and you wind up diagnosing and solving the problem ??? Happens to me at least once a month. You do know they're reading from a scripted repair manual, right ??

Old 05-11-2008, 12:43 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,159,122 times
Cool $1.00 Movies At AMC Theaters

For those of you that have kids and need to entertain them here's a real cheap way for at least a couple of weeks during the summer:

AMC Theatres (http://www.amctheatres.com/smc/movies.html - broken link)

Old 05-11-2008, 01:37 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,758,714 times
Quote:
hellz yeah I would.. I have a 19 and 21 year old and usually have to contact them via text

this should be good for OT.. "customer service" from sprint is officially back to its old self as of this morning.. My bill is jacked up for the third straight month and this months problem was the same as last months, they suddenly are charging me taxes and fees to the tune of $25/month.. I called last month because they had never charged them. the lady thought it seemed odd, but reviewed my past accounts (which happen to go back to the mid-90's when sprint first existed) and I had never been charged tax or a fee.. she said she would send it to "investigations" and they would try to figure it out and she credited it back to me. This was when I thought sprint was actually changing because that made two months in a row that I actually received good service and couldn't say one bad thing to them..

so today I call and got someone that could speak sarcasm, but his English sucked pretty much.. after repeating my pin number about 20 times to him I went over the whole tax/fee thing that happened last time and he told me that's impossible because this is America and we have to pay taxes.. I thought that was cute, but explained to him that I never had and if he would look at my previous bills he would see that. He instead gave me this number to call and when I asked him what it was he told me it was the IRS.. I about blew up then and told him his sarcasm wasn't appreciated here. He continued to insist that everyone in America paid taxes, until I finally convince him to look at my previous bills. Of course his only response was "oh".. so he transferred me to the people that do that and of course it was just a recording of why they charged fees and taxes..
So I call back a little more upset and get another English challenged person, but he wasn't striving to become a stand up comedian like the last one.. I explained the whole thing to him again and finally convinced him to go through the history and told him I was looking at bills from 2 years ago that indeed did not charge me tax and I got another "oh" and another transfer to the phone number that nobody answers...

so I'm officially a sprint hater again and once again counting down the days until my contract expires... does anyone else pay $25/month just in taxes and fees? My bill is normally around $100/month for five phones. I think a 25% tax rate is kinda obscene..
no, not me rd, no hikes in my bills, but I just had to drop in and tell you how much entertainment you provided me in this post.... LOLOLOL....
AND... to have proven to be more patient than I with the "customer service - yuk yuk" goons that get hired these days.....
For example: In one of my numerous DAILY calls to the fine folk in India that provide "customer service" on behalf of Time Warner Cable, the rep's first question, after I once again asked why I can't keep a connection for anything longer than half an hour at a time on my wireless connection, was, in his charming Indian accent, "Do you have a wireless modem?" Well, but I"m sure that you already know about that phone encounter.... I'm sure everyone in San Antonio here heard the ERUPTION from my lungs and lips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by PopsGuysRule; 05-11-2008 at 01:45 PM..

Old 05-11-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
wonder if I can substitute tequila for the rum? Rum is like straight battery acid in my stomach..
I'm with ya' on the rum--but tequila is better???? LOL, I am just getting too old for all the rowdy stuff, I guess. Give me a nice glass of red wine (for my heart health, of course) and life is good.

Back in the day, however.......tequila was the drug of choice.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:29 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,973,866 times
Im back.

Btw everyone i spent 600 bucks thinking I was going to get back 600 from the rebate check. Looked in my account got back 300. A lesson learned indeed.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:36 PM

Welcome back, Ryno! Yeah, tough lesson, but that's how you get gray hairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio