U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2008, 09:06 AM

3,060 posts, read 6,743,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
So I ordered this exercise machine from Nordictrack and then changed my mind and cancelled it and ordered a Bowflex instead. The guy said it's cancelled and I looked at the order online and it says closed. Then I get this e-mail tonight that it's shipped and I check UPS and indeed there is a 184 pound package currently in Salt Lake City with my name on it...
I'm sure they don't think I'm going to pay for the shipping of their mistake, but what if they sort of accidentally sent it even though it was cancelled?
If they had it drop-shipped from another location the cancel notification may not have gotten to their shipper yet. I would call them and let them know you got a shipment notice....

Old 05-17-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Has anyone noticed the new Starbucks logo? They took some of the mermaid's clothes off, split her fin (?), and changed from green to brown. (Brown is the color of poo.) I hate Starbucks. They are overrated and overpriced, in my opinion. There is a group of Christians trying to start a boycott over the "nudity" of the mermaid. Sometimes it's embarrassing to admit you are a Christian.......it's a freakin' mermaid!!! If I didn't hate the coffee so much, and felt like getting poked in the eye at the register, I'd go buy some Starbucks.

//mini-rant over
What I hate most - besides the price - is no matter what you order, the 'baristas' always look at you like "why did you order that?!?" - I hate that.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:36 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,751,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
My granddaughter finally made her entrance into the world at 3:01 a.m., weighing in at a healthy 7.5 lbs and 18 in. long!

Say "hello" to baby Briana!
HELLO Briana! She is absolutely gorgeous!!! Congrats Abuela!!

Old 05-17-2008, 09:45 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,347,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
What I hate most - besides the price - is no matter what you order, the 'baristas' always look at you like "why did you order that?!?" - I hate that.
there's an easy way to fix that.. don't shop there that's how I do it at least..

Old 05-17-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
If they had it drop-shipped from another location the cancel notification may not have gotten to their shipper yet. I would call them and let them know you got a shipment notice....
I'm about to call them and find out what happened.. believe it or not I've had this happen once before with a $2500 sectional.. I had problems after problems after problems with it and finally sent it back and got my money back. then they delivered a new one about a week later...

Old 05-17-2008, 09:59 AM

7,283 posts, read 17,246,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Has anyone noticed the new Starbucks logo? They took some of the mermaid's clothes off, split her fin (?), and changed from green to brown. (Brown is the color of poo.) I hate Starbucks. They are overrated and overpriced, in my opinion. There is a group of Christians trying to start a boycott over the "nudity" of the mermaid. Sometimes it's embarrassing to admit you are a Christian.......it's a freakin' mermaid!!! If I didn't hate the coffee so much, and felt like getting poked in the eye at the register, I'd go buy some Starbucks.

//mini-rant over
It kind of reminds me of the top news story the other night. Car wash being shut down because women/girls are wearing bikinis? Well, duh what do they want them to wear, ball gowns? Bikinis and water do mix.
People are getting just a little too weird and the ones that call themselves christians and act like this are being ridiculous. The Starbucks Mermaid?
How stupid is that?

Old 05-17-2008, 10:00 AM

Welcome to the world, sweet Briana.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:03 AM

I was wondering if people will give me crap for my next tattoo because it's a skull made out of the bodies of 7 nude women. It's actually a piece by Salvador Dali, so it's art and it's also on the back of the moth that is on the cover of Silence of the Lambs.
I'm guessing anyone picky enough to protest something dumb probably wouldn't know that.. and actually, I didn't know all of that until two days ago

Old 05-17-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
there's an easy way to fix that.. don't shop there that's how I do it at least..
I don't usually. But sometimes we have to meet customers there. Too bad there aren't more small coffee shops on this side of town! As a marketing guy, I realize they are marketing geniuses, but I can see through the hype!

Old 05-17-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I was wondering if people will give me crap for my next tattoo because it's a skull made out of the bodies of 7 nude women. It's actually a piece by Salvador Dali, so it's art and it's also on the back of the moth that is on the cover of Silence of the Lambs.
I'm guessing anyone picky enough to protest something dumb probably wouldn't know that.. and actually, I didn't know all of that until two days ago
Are you going to post a picture of it?
I wouldn't worry about people that give you crap. They don't matter.
Sounds like an interesting piece of art to me. To each, his/her own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio