U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 12:20 AM

385 posts, read 547,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
The American public is fing stupid. Can we please let history play out before judging it?
Are you referring to me?

Old 05-28-2008, 12:23 AM

4,147 posts, read 7,222,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
Are you referring to me?
No im drunk and in the politics section!

Sorry for the confusion.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:25 AM

4,147 posts, read 7,222,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
Obama misspoke when he mentioned Auschwitz; however, that does not mean that what he said was untrue. His uncle was there at the liberation of Buchenwald. Obama just confused the names of the concentration camps.
Obama's Uncle and the Liberation of Auschwitz | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Regarding Obama's comment about 57 states. It's obvious if you watch that clip that he mentions 57 states and then says that he really wanted to visit Alaska and Hawaii but didn't because his staff didn't feel it was justified. It's obvious that he meant 47 states. There must be one other state that he hasn't visited yet (maybe Florida at the time of the statement?). It was a simple misstatement. How many of you have said everything correct all of the time? If you don't believe me, watch the clip again.

YouTube - Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States

As far as what's so special about Barack Obama. In short, Barack Obama is about hope and unification. Bush lied when he stated he was a compassionate conservative who would unite the country. He's only torn the country further apart. Obama is the real deal. Obama started out as a grassroots organizer. He believes in change from the bottom up, not from the top down. Obama doesn't believe in pandering to lobbyists for money behind closed doors and promising votes to further their interests. He gets his funding directly from the people (average Joes or Joannas like myself that have donated small amounts that have collectively set records in terms of donations.) He believes in the power of synergy. Together we are more powerful than individually. He believes in bringing together blacks, whites, hispanics, gays, heteros, the rich, the poor, the old, the young, and every type of person together so that we can help one another and become a stronger nation for it.
I am 26 years old and for my entire adulthood I've lived under a Bush presidency. I want someone new, someone who can bring about real change to our stagnant government. Obama is that person.
He mentions the name beging with an A because so many people identify with it. He has been caught (and corrected) before so their really is no excuse!
But I was still not talking about you.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:30 AM

385 posts, read 547,162 times
Quote:
No im drunk and in the politics section!

Sorry for the confusion.
Cheers to you. I don't know if I could handle political discourse while drunk.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:37 AM

3,542 posts, read 7,524,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
Anthony, if you ever need to talk to someone, I have big ears and a heart. DM me anytime you need. When I get the foundation going I am going to be working on chapters in other cities and states. I can always use volunteers. I hope to get about 90 percent women volunteers, but I am looking for volunteers of both sexes. It will be a big job. I do plan to take in nationally in about two to three years after it is started. A lot of people need help out there and there is no better way of helping yourself through an issue than by helping others.
Thank you, and likewise. You've gone through a lot and you've created so much positiveness out of tragedy... that is truly admiral.

Quote:
I got drunk during the spurs games. gy your loss is incredibly sad.

My mom was tragiclly killed in a murder suicide in La Vernia. See you and Anthony are bringing it out. im not much more on death really it does not phase me anymore.

But I know how it felt. Anthony even though your dad did wrong love him he needs it!

Life is really lame sometimes but it always gives you a rebound. Just wait you guys. ( you might have got a boast but it get better)
OMG Ryan! I can't believe that happened... wow. I can't imagine what that was like.

I hope you've been able to overcome that.. and if not, let me know and try to make it better.

I guess this hit me really hard mainly because I never saw it coming... and it completely changed realities and how I viewed my daily life. I made it clear to my dad that I am willing to forgive him... and I really hope he takes advantage of the opportunity... I'd hate to see him out of the picture. However, I'm not going to bring myself down in the process.

You are very right about life being very lame and it throughs curveballs that you never EVER can see coming. I know that after the end of this, my family will grow much stronger and much more independent as a result. We'll also be much closer and have more to relate to.

As much as I can wish, I wish we were in a perfect world where you, gy, me, and others who have their stories yet to be shared never had to endure such hardships. Grief is truly one of the toughest emotions to overcome.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:15 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,289,640 times
25 cent stuff is a good way to start the day.. Best Deal: Travel Charger for iPod / iPhone, Wii Silicone Skin Case for $0.25 Shipped

Old 05-28-2008, 07:16 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
Does anyone have any scoop on the Wii fit?

Old 05-28-2008, 07:28 AM

Man, no wonder Tony didn't bring his A game last night. Eva was working the drive-thru at Wendy's. I guess he was worried that she was giving away a "shake" with those burgers.
Eva Longoria serves up fries and Frostys - Celebrities - MSNBC.com

Old 05-28-2008, 08:07 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,289,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Does anyone have any scoop on the Wii fit?
It's fun and I'm glad I got one as soon as it came out because you can't get them anymore (at retail)...

Old 05-28-2008, 08:10 AM

Way to rub it in.

They do this crap every time.....they surely can't cost that much to make--and they know they're going to sell out of all their new stuff. Why do they refuse to provide enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio