Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2007, 11:59 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,268,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
If you're looking for a GPS nav system I'd highly recommend TomTom, but do it quick.. they currently have a givegive promotion where you get a $100 rebate on quite a few systems, including the TomTom One. There are of course exclusions though.. http://www.tomtom.com/lib/img/promo/GiveGive100.pdf I didn't buy the One for my son at any of those stores, but I have a feeling they'll still try to weasel out of the deal because I still got it for $149.99. I've had one in my car for a while and they're a VERY nice thing to have. No need to get the big, expensive, fancy ones if you ask me. Only issue I have is I thought I was getting a great deal a few months ago when I paid $199.99 for it..

Please do get back with that margarita machine. I'd love one, but they are pricey..

The 360 still has to be on though right? that's a loud system there. I'd probably go the HTPC route and get one with completely passive cooling if possible. I have a Dell 530S in my kitchen and it's really quiet and yes, a computer in the kitchen is a good idea. Those of you that don't have one just don't know it yet..
Yes, the 360 does have to be on. In fact, you access the movie from the main 360 interface. You also have to log off the 360 console to do so, so make sure your games are saved. The interface itself is a bit confusing and could be done better. Basically, once you are signed out, on the main screen will appear a bunch of options with a graphic at the bottom that consists of a Circle on the left-hand side and a long narrow rectangle that stretches across the screen. Using the remote that comes with the HD drive, you navigate down to the graphic, the top half of the circle illuminates and the name of the game that is in your Xbox will appear in the rectangle. The first time I tried watching a movie, it appeared that there was no way to start the DVD from this screen. I learned that you have to hit the down arrow one more time, then the bottom half of the circle illuminates and the graphic switches to "Play DVD" Not intuitive at all.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:01 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,268,598 times
I have to ask....

Why is Sapphire the meanest member?

Old 12-30-2007, 08:39 AM

2,437 posts, read 6,990,928 times
RD I was looking at that pdf that you put out.. is it me or does it show 2006 on it? I could be mistaken I dont know.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:21 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,758,714 times
Quote:
If you're looking for a GPS nav system I'd highly recommend TomTom, but do it quick.. they currently have a givegive promotion where you get a $100 rebate on quite a few systems, including the TomTom One. There are of course exclusions though.. http://www.tomtom.com/lib/img/promo/GiveGive100.pdf I didn't buy the One for my son at any of those stores, but I have a feeling they'll still try to weasel out of the deal because I still got it for $149.99. I've had one in my car for a while and they're a VERY nice thing to have. No need to get the big, expensive, fancy ones if you ask me. Only issue I have is I thought I was getting a great deal a few months ago when I paid $199.99 for it..

Please do get back with that margarita machine. I'd love one, but they are pricey..

The 360 still has to be on though right? that's a loud system there. I'd probably go the HTPC route and get one with completely passive cooling if possible. I have a Dell 530S in my kitchen and it's really quiet and yes, a computer in the kitchen is a good idea. Those of you that don't have one just don't know it yet..
Heya rd....
Did you know that your rebate attachment expired in February 2007?
Hopefully, there's a current one and you merely posted the wrong one???
I hope..... cause I might just take up that offer if it's out there again.....

Old 01-02-2008, 04:19 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,273,279 times
oops, I searched a little too quickly for that.. try this one: http://www.tomtom.com/lib/img/promo/givegive_us_en.pdf
it expires in a few days..

Old 01-02-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
oops, I searched a little too quickly for that.. try this one: http://www.tomtom.com/lib/img/promo/givegive_us_en.pdf
it expires in a few days..
Thanks RD!

Old 01-02-2008, 08:49 AM

Default DTV 'SOON' TO BE ONLY OPTION! (Feb 2009)

“Congress has passed legislation requiring all analog TV broadcasting to cease on February 17, 2009. After that, all broadcasts will be "DTV" only. Click below to learn how this might affect you.”

http://www.radioshack.com/uc/index.jsp?page=researchLibraryArticle&articleUrl=. .%2Fgraphics%2Fuc%2Frsk%2FResearchLibrary%2FBuyers Guides%2Fresearch%2Fdtv.html

Old 01-02-2008, 09:00 AM

I dont think this will affect very many people, unless, they do not have cable or dish. Other then that, nothing will change. The cable, dish companies will do what they do now and feed your non-digital television the signals and do all the work for you.. However, if you are an avid non-service fan and subscribe to rabbit ears , then be ready to purchase a new television!

Last edited by The Man in SATX; 01-02-2008 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: Bad spelling habits

Old 01-02-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
I dont think this will affect very many people, unless, they do not have cable or dish. Other then that, nothing will change. The cable, dish companies will do what they do now and feed your non-digital television the signals and do all the work for you.. However, if you are an avid non-service fan and subscribe to rabbit ears , then be ready to purchase a new television!
Oh, I'm just getting sick of learning new stuff....
I'm old now, and I pretty well keep up in my chosen career field (mostly because I'm forced to in order to stay licensed), but I'm sick to death of learning new stuff, buying newer 'other/peripheral' stuff to keep up with the new stuff I have to learn.... big deep sigh..... if I ever want to watch tv, listen to music, make a phone call, or send a note..... and then starting a new learning regime just as soon as I get the existing tech toys coordinated/networked.... Yeesh....
Just sick of it.......

Old 01-02-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Oh, I'm just getting sick of learning new stuff....
I'm old now, and I pretty well keep up in my chosen career field (mostly because I'm forced to in order to stay licensed), but I'm sick to death of learning new stuff, buying newer 'other/peripheral' stuff to keep up with the new stuff I have to learn.... big deep sigh..... if I ever want to watch tv, listen to music, make a phone call, or send a note..... and then starting a new learning regime just as soon as I get the existing tech toys coordinated/networked.... Yeesh....
Just sick of it.......

Yeah, I hear ya!! But its part of our world now.. if you dont keep up with the Jonses' you will be way behind. Not that being behind is bad, but our culture has been bred into us to try and do better then any one else. We are running a marathon right now! Now I want you to run faster then a JET!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio