U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 12:24 AM

3,542 posts, read 7,540,641 times

Advertisements

This is irresponsible of me, but per this particular computer model GFS SAMPLED POINTS (it will refresh itself with new data at around 7AM 01/04/08), things may be getting rather wintry around here mid-late January. And with what this specific computer model is showing, perhaps even icy and some sleet mixed in.

Just giving you a very very very VERY (did I say very?) early heads up -- so please don't load up on groceries just yet. However, I'll keep my eyes on it as it gets closer.

Other model runs have showed brutal cold heading this way that I dare not mention the extent of, but nonetheless we may finally see a bump in this dry spell.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:47 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,752,972 times
Thanx for the heads up Anthony! (I'm sure rd will be excited and looking forward to it! ) Now I'm really glad that we got the kids some Ugg boots and warm(ish) clothes for Christmas. But I'll have to keep an eye on that, maybe we shoulda got rain boots???

Oh hey, how was your vacation?

Old 01-04-2008, 09:51 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,171,634 times
I guess maybe it is time to put the top and doors back on the Jeep!

Thanks for the web site, I sent it out to my office mates as I am not sure if we have a plan for what to do in case we get weather like we did last January. This might prompt them to brush off that plan and make sure we know what to do (which in most cases is stay home!).

Cheers! M2

Old 01-04-2008, 10:07 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,353,646 times
I hope that forecast for the 19th and 20th is right. I also hope the forecast of around 80 for this Sunday is wrong. Bring on the snow, rain, ice, sleet, and nice freezing cold winds

Old 01-04-2008, 10:10 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,752,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I hope that forecast for the 19th and 20th is right. I also hope the forecast of around 80 for this Sunday is wrong. Bring on the snow, rain, ice, sleet, and nice freezing cold winds
heh, did you notice that somebody said in one of the other threads that they'd like to move to SA, but "dang it gets cold there!"? I giggled and thought, "yeah, tell that to rd!"

Old 01-04-2008, 12:26 PM

25 posts, read 70,122 times
Default cartoons from the past

Last night at dinner, my husband and kids were discussing cartoons that we watched in the 70's. I brought up the subject because there is a channel called Noggin that is 24hrs and showing all the old Nick Jr. shows that my son used to watch when he was a toddler.

Was not sure where to bring this subject to, so I thought this would be the perfect thread.

Some of the cartoons we watched were:
Captain Caveman
Scooby-Doo
Rocky & Bullwinkle
Jetsons
Flintstones
Bugs Bunny
The Hair Bear Bunch
Speed Buggy
Magilla Gorilla

Some of the ones on Nick Jr.
Blue's Clues with Steve as host
Eureka's Castle
Little Bear
Oswald
David the Gnome
Busy World of Richard Scarry

Do you remember:
The New Zoo Revue
Picture Pages
Schoolhouse Rock
The Electric Company

Any others???

Old 01-04-2008, 01:01 PM

2,330 posts, read 6,274,060 times
HR Pufenstuf (early 70's)
Sesame Street
Underdog
Heckle and Jeckle

Old 01-04-2008, 01:46 PM

3,542 posts, read 7,540,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I guess maybe it is time to put the top and doors back on the Jeep!

Thanks for the web site, I sent it out to my office mates as I am not sure if we have a plan for what to do in case we get weather like we did last January. This might prompt them to brush off that plan and make sure we know what to do (which in most cases is stay home!).

Cheers! M2
No problem, just make sure you don't take everything that this particular model says as gold. All it does is calculate what the weather will be using specific algorithms (which does indeed work, but it's nowhere near always accurate). This is just one of many computer models out there -- this one is just one of the few that does longer range forecasts.

I say that just so that plans don't get preemptively cancelled.

Having said that, I am still confident that we will get cold in that timeframe as the cold air is still building up nice and strong in the Yukon Territories, which is usually a good location for the cold air to flood into our area. Plus, the model has been showing some consistency with it being cold in that time period for the last few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Thanx for the heads up Anthony! (I'm sure rd will be excited and looking forward to it! ) Now I'm really glad that we got the kids some Ugg boots and warm(ish) clothes for Christmas. But I'll have to keep an eye on that, maybe we shoulda got rain boots???

Oh hey, how was your vacation?
My vacation was just great -- I really enjoyed it. Thanks for asking

I spent Christmas with family down in Nuevo Laredo and then a few days Monterrey (what a great town!!)

Here are pics I took and posted on another thread:
Photos of Mexico

Old 01-04-2008, 03:57 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,353,646 times
so my weatherbug is saying rain tomorrow. what are the odds? I would love to see a good soaking

Old 01-04-2008, 07:01 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,576,203 times
Don't forget the laff-a-lympics, or whatever they were called. Was it the Hanna Barbara characters that would compete and cheat and get one over on each othere? Or warner bros? I can't remember...
My son has a hard time understanding the concept of "Saturday morning cartoons" with these 24/7 cartoon channels!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio