U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2007, 06:09 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,105,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
It's from the upcoming "Alvin and the Chipmunks" movie, which looks to be extremely funny, even considering I was never a fan before. The trailers are hilarious. (to me, of course)
My 10-yr-old son says "bow chicka wow wow" all the time...drives me nuts!

Cheers! M2

Old 12-03-2007, 06:15 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,339,010 times
rd2007 wrote:

Definitely not happy where I am though and looking to move to South Dakota in hopefully near future. I want cold and I want a lot less people, but don't want North Dakota, so that's how I cam up with South Dakota..
Hopefully I can find something up there and would also like to get into online teaching. I think the idea of working and never leaving home would be SO sweet.. not to mention it would totally drive my kids crazy if I could make enough money for a comfortable living and never have to leave home. I think I can do it with my retirement pay, the soon to come increase in disability pay, and an online teaching job..[/quote]

Too funny! Darling Hubby is from South Dakota...our entire 24 yrs in the AF I think we only met about 3-5 folks that were FROM there...and spoke to his family last night....they sure wish they were HERE when we started comparing weather!

My father-in-law was a teacher in a little place called Canning, SD. Talk about small, when my husbands family moved from there to a new teaching assignment, the town's population was cut in half (and there were 5 total in his family). His hometown has a total population of 418! No traffic, no traffic light, not much at all. The little gas station in town (about the only REAL business) still has the "tab" system where you settle up your bill once per month for the local folk! (for food and stuff that they sell, not the gas)

Old 12-03-2007, 06:41 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,734,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
1.What do you do? I am a retired USAF intelligence officer now working as a goverment contractor
Hey! So is my sister-in-aw (retired USAF intel)! She's the pride and joy of the family, that's for sure! (And my otherhalf ~ her "baby brother" ~ is probably the proudest of her of all. )

So, I'm kinda lovin' this thread! Very fun that *everything* is "off topic"!!

Anyone see any great Holiday Lights displays????

Old 12-03-2007, 07:14 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,291,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Too funny! Darling Hubby is from South Dakota...our entire 24 yrs in the AF I think we only met about 3-5 folks that were FROM there...and spoke to his family last night....they sure wish they were HERE when we started comparing weather!

My father-in-law was a teacher in a little place called Canning, SD. Talk about small, when my husbands family moved from there to a new teaching assignment, the town's population was cut in half (and there were 5 total in his family). His hometown has a total population of 418! No traffic, no traffic light, not much at all. The little gas station in town (about the only REAL business) still has the "tab" system where you settle up your bill once per month for the local folk! (for food and stuff that they sell, not the gas)
I'm sure he's a pretty good guy then. I've also only met a few people from there, but they were some of the nicest people I've ever met and that is one thing I am definitely looking for.. I'll pass on the super tiny town though.. I'm think more along the lines of Rapid City and trying for some work at Ellsworth AFB. It's a small city, but not too small.. The part that is surprising me most is the cost of houses around there.. I was thinking I could buy the whole town for the price of an OK house here, but they're quite a bit more expensive up there. They come with land though and basements and both of those are very important to me also..

Old 12-03-2007, 08:04 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
Default warning--Heroes spoiler!!

OK, one thing about me. I don't watch much TV. Just Heroes really. Did anyone see the "final" episode tonight? It was great! I totally called Nathan being one of the two killed off tonight.

Any other shows you "must see?"

Old 12-03-2007, 08:06 PM

3,542 posts, read 7,524,520 times
The main thing I watch is the "Colbert Report"

Old 12-03-2007, 08:08 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
The main thing I watch is the "Colbert Report"
Hahaha, I am dying to read his book.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:08 AM

Default Today and Tomorrow's weather forecast

Could the weather be ANY more perfect than what is forecast for today and tomorrow?! Abundant sunshine, highs of 74-79, lows of 46-50. Perfect!!! Enjoy them!

Old 12-04-2007, 08:24 AM

Default quote from Fairly Odd Parents

Heh! Kids home sick today, watchin cartoons, Fairly Odd Parents. Timmy just said, "I'm huge, I hurt people, and I'm misunderstood!!" Cosmo replies, "just like the IRS!"

Bwwwwwaaaaaaaa haaa haaa!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 08:37 AM

1,433 posts, read 3,521,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Hahaha, I am dying to read his book.
I am currently reading it and it is HISTARICAL. I love Steven Colbert. I am voting for him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio