U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2008, 01:14 PM

413 posts, read 1,273,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Unfortunately I was the second to last name called for that one and the four "losers" didn't receive anything at all, except a sucks to be you... I can see this in a lottery game or TV game show, but found it pretty rude for a company party. The completely crappy part was the prize was the best prize they've ever had, two round-trip tickets to anywhere in the US, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
I think it's complete BS. I think if they were going to draw the five names, the other four people should have received a consolation prize. Sorry, you didn't win.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:19 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,358,843 times
glad to see at least one other person is in agreement

There is a plus side to this though.. I'm interviewing for a different job this week and it would've been kinda awkward accepting a really nice gift and turning in my two week notice at the same time...

Old 01-20-2008, 02:21 PM

14,628 posts, read 31,236,089 times
Quote:
So my company had their holiday party tonight and we had the usual door prizes and stuff, but they also added a new twist that I didn't exactly enjoy.. all prizes and winners were drawn out of a hat, except for the grand prize. For that prize they drew five names out of the hat and I happened to be the fifth name. They then put those names in the hat again and eliminated everyone, but one, by drawing their name again. Unfortunately I was the second to last name called for that one and the four "losers" didn't receive anything at all, except a sucks to be you... I can see this in a lottery game or TV game show, but found it pretty rude for a company party. The completely crappy part was the prize was the best prize they've ever had, two round-trip tickets to anywhere in the US, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
Anybody else see this the same way or am I just disgruntled? My wife (of course) agrees with me and so does the coworker that rode along with us (probably because she didn't want to walk back from the Stone Oak area). To make matters even worse, every person at my table won something. We were the lucky table, except that guy that came close and didn't get jack...
That's at least the second time so far this year that a company has peed in your Cheerios. Hope the rest of your year shapes up! Make sure you fill out the feedback form--my previous employer always sent one out after parties to see what they did right/wrong.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:26 PM

It was a very nice party, so I can't say they didn't present us with a very nice night. I will probably offer subtle hints that the intention was nice, but the presentation left a little to be desired. It did provide excitement for sure and I believe that was their intention.. It's all good, though, the person that won works in my group, so at least it wasn't some dork I've never met before.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:03 PM

413 posts, read 1,273,950 times
Quote:
glad to see at least one other person is in agreement

There is a plus side to this though.. I'm interviewing for a different job this week and it would've been kinda awkward accepting a really nice gift and turning in my two week notice at the same time...
Ya, I think a few people wouldn't have been so keen on that. I know if I was a co-worker and you left, I would be peeved.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:15 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,576,620 times
At the risk of revealing my ignorance...Is there a significant link between San Antonio and Martin Luther King? I only ask because the city touts the "largest MLK commemeration" in the nation. Usually cities that boast that type of claim are in some way linked to the life of the individual.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:44 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,389,649 times
[quote=rd2007;2566124]So my company had their holiday party tonight and we had the usual door prizes and stuff, but they also added a new twist that I didn't exactly enjoy..

OK, have to ask...do you get a DISCOUNT for having your holiday party in late Jan???? I thought the party season for the holidays was a blurry memory by now!

Old 01-21-2008, 02:52 PM

3,109 posts, read 8,722,265 times
Anyone interested in the space elevator? Space Elevator

Old 01-21-2008, 02:56 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,345,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Anybody know that lady that walks Military every morning? The skinny one with the shoulder length dark hair and that HUGE visor? (apparently she knows everyone that lives in Westcreek ~ that's what she says anyway)
I don't know her (I know who you're talking about though). I'm out there walking or running with my dogs nearly every day.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:18 PM

[quote=Paka;2576315]
Quote:
So my company had their holiday party tonight and we had the usual door prizes and stuff, but they also added a new twist that I didn't exactly enjoy..

OK, have to ask...do you get a DISCOUNT for having your holiday party in late Jan???? I thought the party season for the holidays was a blurry memory by now!
I think it's them trying to not make it coincide with any other holiday. Just in case anyone wants to complain.. That or they get a discount, they are definitely thrifty...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio