U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2008, 05:33 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolfo View Post
please es stop showing my belly in public ok? i am no movie star. when is the next time for meeting everyone. i want to go. maybe we go to taco cabanas?
Aww, there was a great little place on the West side we could have gone to. In English, it's name was Shake Your Moneymaker. We could have had good food and a good time. Oh well, maybe we oughta do Fred's Fish Fry on Culebra. I don't think there's much of a wait there......

Can't wait to meet ya.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:37 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,734,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolfo View Post
please es stop showing my belly in public ok? i am no movie star. when is the next time for meeting everyone. i want to go. maybe we go to taco cabanas?
Hey there Rudolfo! We've loved havin' ya around! So, Taco Cabanas? How 'bout the one at Potranco/1604 (the Culebra one is just too difficult for me to get to) on Sunday? Our resident Weather Gawd let us know that tomorrow looks sketchy, but Sunday could be nice. I think you could get some tacos there on Sunday!

Old 02-15-2008, 10:52 PM

470 posts, read 1,789,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Aww, there was a great little place on the West side we could have gone to. In English, it's name was Shake Your Moneymaker. We could have had good food and a good time. Oh well, maybe we oughta do Fred's Fish Fry on Culebra. I don't think there's much of a wait there......

Can't wait to meet ya.
Shake what??

Old 02-16-2008, 06:54 AM

OK. I'm really excited because I scored some Dunkin' Donut whole bean coffee. I just brewed a pot, and it does live up to the hype. It's GOOD. Nice way to start out a rainy-ish Saturday.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:18 AM

8 posts, read 11,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Hey there Rudolfo! We've loved havin' ya around! So, Taco Cabanas? How 'bout the one at Potranco/1604 (the Culebra one is just too difficult for me to get to) on Sunday? Our resident Weather Gawd let us know that tomorrow looks sketchy, but Sunday could be nice. I think you could get some tacos there on Sunday!
i thank you much Ms. Jules. you is a very kind. stay eh ok when the storm is here, ok? taco cabamas is a good , but no this sunda.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:19 AM

We went to Grady's on Bandera for dinner last night. I didn't know they have live music! I didn't ask if it was a regular thing, but the guy was good.

Some little snot-noser broke the ice cream machine, though. After he got his, of course.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:53 AM

47 posts, read 182,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornandraisedSA View Post
I'd love to learn what our members do for a living - names of companies or other specifics aren't necessary. Maybe this:

1.What do you do?

2. Are you happy doing it?

3. If not, what would you want to do?

4. Are you formally trained/educated in your field?

I'll start:

1. Teacher

2. love kids, not so sure about the job anymore

3. either real estate (not to get rich, just b/c it interests me), or working with children or children's programs in another capacity (not the public schools)

4. I have a B.A. and would like to pursue a Masters (not sure in what yet)

Oh and Sapphire, I love your byline -can't wait to see the movie!
I have often wondered this myself! Okay, I'll join in this thread!
1. Commerical Lender
2. LOVE my job. Why? I feel like I have a connection with the happenings of the city and Real Estate and the growth of a city has always been exciting and sexy to me!
3. While I love my job if I wasn't a commercial lender I would really enjoy being a commercial broker!
4. I have a BSBA and majored in Financial Management. My degree doesn't really help me day to day but it does give me the much needed credentials if you know what I mean.

SO, my two best friends are in real estate and both of them are 'retired' teachers. Follow your passion! Good luck!

Old 02-16-2008, 09:32 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,350,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
We went to Grady's on Bandera for dinner last night. I didn't know they have live music! I didn't ask if it was a regular thing, but the guy was good.

Some little snot-noser broke the ice cream machine, though. After he got his, of course.
So how was the BBQ?
I drive past it several times weekly and have wondered. In fact,I drove by yesterday afternoon and nearly stopped...

I like a sweetish bbq and LOTS of it.... not just two little ribs and a slice of meat and enough salad to fill a double sink.....
give me LOTS of BBQ meat and a few bites of salad....

Old 02-16-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
So how was the BBQ?
I drive past it several times weekly and have wondered. In fact,I drove by yesterday afternoon and nearly stopped...

I like a sweetish bbq and LOTS of it.... not just two little ribs and a slice of meat and enough salad to fill a double sink.....
give me LOTS of BBQ meat and a few bites of salad....
I normally like Grady's BBQ. I had the chopped bbq chicken sandwich, however, and I was a bit disgruntled. I ate a little of the bun, but it's really too much bread, so I decided to scrape the meat into the basket and just eat that. Well, lo and behold, there was corn in my chopped chicken! Not a lot, mind you, just enough to make me scratch my head, and go Did the corn just "fall" into the chopped chicken pan, or did they put it in there as some type of creepy filler? Corn and chopped chicken--never the twain shall meet, at least on my bun anyway.

My little boy had the chopped beef bbq sandwich, and it was not good, either. But my husband had like a 7 meat plate, or maybe it was 3--looked like a huge pile, and he ate it ALL. I like their brisket and their regular chicken--don't be choppin' mine, thanks! He was a little miffed that they don't serve beef ribs at that location, and they were out of babyback ribs altogether, but he left happy.

I was happy because as soon as we sat down, the guitar player/singer sang "Wave on Wave" which is one of my favorite Pat Green songs, and he followed it up with "Corpus Christi Bay" by Robert Earl Keen, another of my faves. He was actually really good!

I give Grady's 2 sticky sweet thumbs up, even though I had a less than perfect meal. I'm very forgiving.....

Old 02-16-2008, 10:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,722 times
hi im dora i live in westcreek any new stores coming to our area from miltary dr to potranco. how about the santikos theater that was coming still coming or did they change there mind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio