U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-11-2008, 05:48 PM

933 posts, read 1,350,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
OHHH! I loved the Time Travelers Wife too! Did you watch that TV show last fall, ohhh..the name is slipping my mind now. It was about a guy who time traveled?

Do you like to read? I wish there was a good book club around here. I'd probably be more inspired to read more!
Uhhhhhhh...Quantum Leap?

Old 06-11-2008, 05:57 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,392,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
I love to read....my mom's group has a "virtual bookclub" but it's not quite the same..... Some other friends have a bookclub but it's WAY on the NE side.....

They keep trying to get me to join....I might be convinced if someone () would carpool with me.....

And the show was Journeyman...I was tempted to watch it but just didn't find the time.....was it any good???
YES! Journeyman! I loved that show, and it got cancelled! I guess people just didn't get it.

I think, if we had enough people who wanted to do it, we could start our own book club on the West side of town. Hmmm...Anyone want to coordinate it???

You can find book discussion questions online if you wanted, we could all bring a dish or the host could make light snacks or something. We could meet in one anothers homes, pick the books for the month. I'm liking it! Like I need more to coordinate! I think that's my life's duty!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:07 PM

730 posts, read 2,864,398 times
Quote:
YES! Journeyman! I loved that show, and it got cancelled! I guess people just didn't get it.

I think, if we had enough people who wanted to do it, we could start our own book club on the West side of town. Hmmm...Anyone want to coordinate it???

You can find book discussion questions online if you wanted, we could all bring a dish or the host could make light snacks or something. We could meet in one anothers homes, pick the books for the month. I'm liking it! Like I need more to coordinate! I think that's my life's duty!
Well...if there's interest - I'll coordinate it! Let's see.....who else lives in this end of town: Paka, Jules, Sapphire.....I'm sure I'm forgetting several others.....????

Old 06-11-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Well...if there's interest - I'll coordinate it! Let's see.....who else lives in this end of town: Paka, Jules, Sapphire.....I'm sure I'm forgetting several others.....????
Please do! I'd join for sure! I looked into joining the library book club, but they never seem to be reading books I'd enjoy much. I could be co-coordinator...that means I'd help find the book discussion questions or help you organize it a bit.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Men can join too if they'd like!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Men can join too if they'd like!
Of course...I don't know why I only listed women.....my bad!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:59 PM

3,468 posts, read 5,651,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Well, I just got word from the mods that the owner of the 4000th post, and this is City-Data forum rules and regs, but the owner of the 4000th post has always, always, it's been a long-standing tradition, that they buy the first round of drinks at the soonest M&G the forum has scheduled. I can copy you on the DM, spammy, if you'd like. So congratulations, and I'm sorry! LOL hahahahahaha!

So, to everyone else, Spamatdan is buying drinks this Saturday, June 14th, 2008 at The Cove. Bring your AmEx cuz Jules is coming.

WOO HOO!!!!! And yep, it better be AmEx (no LIMIT!!!) bwaaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaa!!!!

Old 06-11-2008, 07:02 PM

3,468 posts, read 5,651,787 times
Book club ~ YEP! I'd be interested! As long as you girls know that I'm FAR from a literary fiend. I rarely read, but have been wanting to lately. While Otherhalf was in WA last fall, I actually read one book and started on another (weird for moi!!)

OH! And if we add Sangria into the mix.............. LOL!!

Old 06-11-2008, 07:07 PM

933 posts, read 1,350,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
WOO HOO!!!!! And yep, it better be AmEx (no LIMIT!!!) bwaaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaa!!!!
Well, it is ONLY the first round! I am thinking I need to show up around 6:30 or so so that the first rounds are already done and paid for.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Book club ~ YEP! I'd be interested! As long as you girls know that I'm FAR from a literary fiend. I rarely read, but have been wanting to lately. While Otherhalf was in WA last fall, I actually read one book and started on another (weird for moi!!)

OH! And if we add Sangria into the mix.............. LOL!!
Sangria? But, of course! Do you really think all of us could get together and there NOT be some form of libations involved????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio