Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 01:37 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
It makes sense, but I was born and raised in Michigan. I could ski and ice skate all day in the winter and play basketball, baseball, and football in all the other months. For my first 18 years or so I was either asleep or outside pretty much and in the summer I'd sleep outside at least a couple times per week. You can't even imagine doing any of that here, or at least I can't.
I think it's harder to adjust to the south when you are from the north like that. I just moved here after spending the last 29 years in Ohio-never have lived anywhere else. It is difficult and people who are SA natives won't understand. I am thinking of this little stint as an "adventure" and a way to meet some fresh faces!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:40 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,456,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
I think it's harder to adjust to the south when you are from the north like that. I just moved here after spending the last 29 years in Ohio-never have lived anywhere else. It is difficult and people who are SA natives won't understand. I am thinking of this little stint as an "adventure" and a way to meet some fresh faces!
I'm sure it would be just as difficult for an SA native to get used to snow and ice for long periods of time, as well. At least, that's how it would be for me. Therefore, all my moves will be made laterally! *lol*

Old 06-12-2008, 01:40 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Meh, I wish my cookbooks would hurry up and get here.

which cookbooks did you order?

Old 06-12-2008, 01:42 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,025,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
which cookbooks did you order?
Old school Land O Lakes ones. Not real old school. Late 80's and early 90's. I ordered one and it was published in 92. Anyway, the recipes are simple yet very good and mostly from scratch. I like that! I made this to die for strawberry pie on Sunday. I'm making biscuts from it today. So I went back on Amazon and ordered others. I can't wait!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
I'm sure it would be just as difficult for an SA native to get used to snow and ice for long periods of time, as well. At least, that's how it would be for me. Therefore, all my moves will be made laterally! *lol*
Oh, trust me, I HATE the snow and ice. Hate is a powerful word, but for snow, I'll use it! I think it's just different from "home" and sometimes it's difficult to adjust. I'm enjoying SA as much as possible. I've already said, I'd like it so much more if my family lived here too. I'm going to feel that way for EVERY place that I move though. I'm very close with them. I'm just kind of understanding what RD is saying though. Oh...I'm NOT bashing SA, just saying that I can see how adjusting to a new place...environment, if you will...is difficult!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:45 PM

933 posts, read 1,978,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I'm thinking Papa Murphys. I've never been there. Any suggestions???
Whatever is on special is usually the best way to go. If you order off the menu, the pizza gets pretty pricey...especially if you have to take it home and then cook it.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Old school Land O Lakes ones. Not real old school. Late 80's and early 90's. I ordered one and it was published in 92. Anyway, the recipes are simple yet very good and mostly from scratch. I like that! I made this to die for strawberry pie on Sunday. I'm making biscuts from it today. So I went back on Amazon and ordered others. I can't wait!
New cookbooks make my heart melt. I just got the Top Chef cookbook for my birthday and I haven't read all the way through it yet. I LOVE reading them! Let us know how they are.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Oh, trust me, I HATE the snow and ice. Hate is a powerful word, but for snow, I'll use it! I think it's just different from "home" and sometimes it's difficult to adjust. I'm enjoying SA as much as possible. I've already said, I'd like it so much more if my family lived here too. I'm going to feel that way for EVERY place that I move though. I'm very close with them. I'm just kind of understanding what RD is saying though. Oh...I'm NOT bashing SA, just saying that I can see how adjusting to a new place...environment, if you will...is difficult!
That's how I feel. When we move from here I'll be leaving my mom which will be very hard. Hopefully it will be back to Austin, which isn't far, but we will go almost anywhere the money will be. It's gonna be hard since I'm a momma's girl.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:47 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
speaking of food.. I was thinking of a rhubarb pie yesterday and checking them out online and they're pretty freaking expensive. Anybody know where you can find one here in SA? and it has to be only rhubarb, not that nasty mixed with strawberry stuff.
My mom used to make it all the time and it's one of my favorites that I haven't had in about 25 years or so.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
New cookbooks make my heart melt. I just got the Top Chef cookbook for my birthday and I haven't read all the way through it yet. I LOVE reading them! Let us know how they are.
I'm sure I'll love it like the one I got not too long ago. These are used but new to me. Hubby is gonna be like you got more cookbooks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio