Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 02:56 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,684,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
So is reading cookbooks the same as watching cooking shows? You get incredibly hungry and you resist the urge to eat everything in the fridge?
Haha! I was watching a comedian one time who said the food network was p*rn for fat people. HAHAHA! I laughed so hard, and my husband looks at me and says "it really is!" with this look of shame on his face. haha! He's not even a bit chubby, but he thinks he is...whatever. Anyway, I just read them for fun, to learn techniques, etc. I've said it before...I'm a huge culinary nerd!

Old 06-12-2008, 02:56 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,173,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
Whatever is on special is usually the best way to go. If you order off the menu, the pizza gets pretty pricey...especially if you have to take it home and then cook it.
I was eyeing the stuffed pizza on the menu online. So it is pricey, eh?? Do they have a special everyday?? Sorry for the questions, I just want a heads up before I go in there.

I went to which wich last week. you should have seen the line behind me

Old 06-12-2008, 02:57 PM

933 posts, read 1,971,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
nah, I want one made for me, home made crust and all.. I have very few fond memories of my mom, but rhubarb pie is one and it was all made from scratch. I found a place in Kansas that makes them from scratch and will ship a 5.5 pound pie (no typo there) for $27. 5.5 pounds is a little bit more than I was looking for, but if worse comes to worse it's what I'm going to get.
With 5.5 pounds of pie, you may want to invite a few friends! I will bring the ice cream!

Old 06-12-2008, 02:57 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,000,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
nah, I want one made for me, home made crust and all.. I have very few fond memories of my mom, but rhubarb pie is one and it was all made from scratch. I found a place in Kansas that makes them from scratch and will ship a 5.5 pound pie (no typo there) for $27. 5.5 pounds is a little bit more than I was looking for, but if worse comes to worse it's what I'm going to get.
Wowsers! I've never had rubarb pie or anything rubarb. Hmmm...maybe I should try making one......

Old 06-12-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
Haha! I was watching a comedian one time who said the food network was p*rn for fat people. HAHAHA! I laughed so hard, and my husband looks at me and says "it really is!" with this look of shame on his face. haha! He's not even a bit chubby, but he thinks he is...whatever. Anyway, I just read them for fun, to learn techniques, etc. I've said it before...I'm a huge culinary nerd!
I made the mistake of buying Sandra Lee's Semihomemade cookbook a long time ago. Blech! Where is the barf smiley when you need it? She uses Cheese Wiz in her recipes! CHEESE WIZ!

Old 06-12-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I was eyeing the stuffed pizza on the menu online. So it is pricey, eh?? Do they have a special everyday?? Sorry for the questions, I just want a heads up before I go in there.

I went to which wich last week. you should have seen the line behind me
I would call your local store and ask what this week's/month's special is. I have had most of the pizzas on their menu and have not had a bad one.

I have not tried which wich yet, but its on my list of places to go...Perhaps I should go with you so I do not have to stand in a long line. LOL

Old 06-12-2008, 03:01 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,684,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
I made the mistake of buying Sandra Lee's Semihomemade cookbook a long time ago. Blech! Where is the barf smiley when you need it? She uses Cheese Wiz in her recipes! CHEESE WIZ!
I draw the line at Sandra Lee. I will not watch her or make her food. I think it looks NASTY! I can see how she could be good for a novice cook though...but seriously...why teach novice cooks that way? Blech!

Old 06-12-2008, 03:01 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,173,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
You know I've never counted! I may do that after dinner tonight! I have 5 or 6 on the way
I have mine in a cabinet and it is a HUGE MESS!!! I would never try to count them Actually, I know someday I will have to. Or I could just leave them for my kids when I die .
My favorites are right in the front. They are the ones from small town schools, electric co-ops, etc. Those are the best recipes and so easy.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Okay, gotta start the greens and biscuts. BRB.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
My favorites are right in the front. They are the ones from small town schools, electric co-ops, etc. Those are the best recipes and so easy.
Oh most definitely! Whenever I come across one of these I always have to pick one up for my mom too. Though what usually happens is she comes to visit and has me make some selections for her. Dayum I am hungry. I think I need to dig up my Bisquick cookbooks...well, for tomorrow at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio