U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 05:51 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
HEB Plus on Potranco carries DD coffee now......
In whole bean? I don't do the ground variety. I know Super Target carries the ground, and the HEB by my house had a honkin' huge bag of ground, but no whole bean.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:56 PM

732 posts, read 3,363,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
In whole bean? I don't do the ground variety. I know Super Target carries the ground, and the HEB by my house had a honkin' huge bag of ground, but no whole bean.
Oh...I never checked for whole bean or not. I, too, prefer whole bean....

I've never had DD coffee is it pretty strong? I really like STRONG coffee!

Old 06-12-2008, 05:57 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,293,318 times
5 pound bag for only $31.99..

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/shoponline/Product.aspx?CategoryId=COFF&GroupId=OB (broken link)

Old 06-12-2008, 05:59 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
5 pound bag for only $31.99..

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/shoponline/Product.aspx?CategoryId=COFF&GroupId=OB (broken link)
Yeah, I looked into that about a month ago--when it was about $27 plus delivery. It's gone up!!

No midori--it's not strong like Starbucks, but it makes me so happy in the mornings! I love it....I just wish my grinder wasn't so loud. I have to peel everyone off the ceilings in the morning--cats included.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:02 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,293,318 times
so anyhow.. informal survey time. The news is constantly flowing a steady stream of doom and gloom and I'm to the point of where I won't even watch it because it's depressing. However, do most people think things are really bad? or at least the people in this thread? I'm personally making more money than ever and having quite a bit of fun and I read this: Retail sales jump by largest amount in 6 months: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance (broken link) which credits the stimulus checks, even though I don't personally think they have that much of an impact. Especially since mine mostly paid me back what I owed in extra taxes this year.
but the real reason I'm wondering is because the guy that does my tattoos said he has been so busy he can't keep up and rarely has any down time. I would think a tattoo would be the last thing in the world anyone would get if they were scraping by, so that leads me to believe most people actually arent' hurting at all. It does suck to pay extra for gas, but it's not like a death sentence, yet..

Old 06-12-2008, 06:12 PM

933 posts, read 1,813,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
OK, here it is.
We will anxiously await your full review! You might have to have your review translated into another language so we do not torment QT too much...though I think she likes it.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:14 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,340,450 times
Gas prices suck, as does the electric bill...but our life is GREAT and if these are the worst things that happen to us this year, we are BLESSED beyond belief!

Agree with you RD...I KNOW we are much better off now than we were 5 or 10 years ago, and certainly think that we will be able to look back 5 years from now and say the same God willing and health does not become an issue.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:14 PM

732 posts, read 3,363,874 times
I just found this today....I wish I'd seen it earlier so I could wear it to the Meet and Greet:

NoiseBot.com - The Eh Team T-Shirt, Hoodie, or Tote Bag

Old 06-12-2008, 06:15 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,308,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
so anyhow.. informal survey time. The news is constantly flowing a steady stream of doom and gloom and I'm to the point of where I won't even watch it because it's depressing. However, do most people think things are really bad? or at least the people in this thread? I'm personally making more money than ever and having quite a bit of fun and I read this: Retail sales jump by largest amount in 6 months: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance (broken link) which credits the stimulus checks, even though I don't personally think they have that much of an impact. Especially since mine mostly paid me back what I owed in extra taxes this year.
but the real reason I'm wondering is because the guy that does my tattoos said he has been so busy he can't keep up and rarely has any down time. I would think a tattoo would be the last thing in the world anyone would get if they were scraping by, so that leads me to believe most people actually arent' hurting at all. It does suck to pay extra for gas, but it's not like a death sentence, yet..
I agree with you totally on this. Check out the parking lots around town, it doesn't look like we're in a recession to me .
I know that the higher prices are hurting the lower income families more. I just thank God everyday that my dh and I have good jobs.
I am also thankful that all our vehicles are paid off (all 5 of them ). I do have two tractor payments though , but at least they run on red (farm) diesel so that saves some money.

I know we all complain about the high prices of fuel and everything else that is going up because of it. But seriously, like I said before, the parking lots at the stores are always full on the weekends.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:16 PM

933 posts, read 1,813,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
If you got the green-ish bag, the Frito Lay man that I know (as opposed to the free to lay dude) told me they were Mountain Dew flavored.
I have eaten some weird things in my time and I think I need to put this on my list. If I do have Doritos, its nacho cheese which seems to be a staple in our house. I have gotten the odd flavored ones in the past, but usually end up eating 1/4 of the bag or so and either giving them to the kids...or chucking them if they turn their nose up to them too. Another thing they did love though was the enchilada flavored cheetos! OMG those were awful! But they loved them. *shrug*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio