U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 03:47 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,306,140 times

Advertisements

anybody, like me, that has ever heard a best buy "expert" claim that Monster cables are vastly superior to anything else and well worth the money should get a kick out of this one...

Audiophiles can't tell the difference between Monster Cable and coat hangers - Engadget

Old 03-04-2008, 07:12 AM

3,060 posts, read 6,732,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
anybody, like me, that has ever heard a best buy "expert" claim that Monster cables are vastly superior to anything else and well worth the money should get a kick out of this one...

Audiophiles can't tell the difference between Monster Cable and coat hangers - Engadget
I used to love going to BB and listening to the sales reps talk complete bs...now it just annoys me, as I wonder how many people have fallen for their lines....

Check this out:
MySpace Best Buy Hater's Forum

Old 03-04-2008, 08:36 AM

361 posts, read 822,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I look at the things I buy now and try to not get the chinese garbage. There's a million and one reasons not to buy it and if everyone would at least cut back a little, there should be an impact on them. I realize it's impossible to not buy anything (I learned that from trying to not buy french items a couple years ago), but you can cut back. If I want something and there are two different models that are basically the same, I'll buy the one that's not made in china; even if it costs a little more.

Cinese-made goods can be as supreme in quality as you need them to be. But companies outsource to China to get things cheap, so we get cheap to the point of poor quality. It's not China's fault; it's ours. If you want to stop buying Chinese goods, stop supporting American companies who produce in China.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:25 PM

732 posts, read 3,364,632 times
Thank you for that important clarification, Spocks Beard..... The companies are to blame - not the Chinese people. They are trying to earn a living in the most populous nation in the world - imagine the competition! Don't let the wealthy foreign chinese students you see in the U.S fool you - there are lots of poor and starving individuals there.... Ripe for the picking in terms of U.S. companies making a profit.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:17 AM

something is wrong today.. I just called Sprint because additional service was somehow added on a phone I don't use and I actually got good customer service, they answered the phone right away, I understood every word she said, she resolved the issue immediately, and I hung up with a smile.. something is seriously wrong, that just does not happen with Sprint..

BTW, for some of the comments above, that was the original purpose of the rant on walmart and the chinese... read all the way back to the beginning

Old 03-06-2008, 07:28 AM

I've had Sprint for years, and haven't had any issues - yes I consider myself very lucky in that regard! I've only had to call them a couple of times. Wierd. When we first started with them, we had to call and correct every bill for about 6-8 months, but no problems since then.

BUT, I'm a tech (or was anyway), and calling Dell, Toshiba, etc etc is another story...

Old 03-06-2008, 02:08 PM

I've had Sprint since they existed, but was at the end of my rope because their customer service did not exist. I had numerous problems with them over the last year and was to the point where I would not call them because I would get so angry at the negative attitude they displayed and their refusal to actually provide any service. It was amazing how bad it was, but they seem to have finally got the clue. I read an article a few months ago where they were ranked dead last in customer service with only 20% of their customers rating them acceptable. This lead to a huge wave of people leaving for other companies and luckily this seems to have finally woke them up. The lady on the phone said that the customer is now their highest priority. Seems odd that the customer wasn't always their highest priority, but at least they finally got the clue. I'll see how it goes over the next year before I decide to completely drop them, but they better work out their security issues. According to the records, someone added Vision service to one of my phones on 24 FEB, but I haven't called them in months and nobody else in my family ever calls them plus the phone it was added to is a basically a dead line that nobody uses, but is still under contract. I have a feeling it was either a glitch or them trying to scam people. Hopefully it was just a glitch...

Old 03-06-2008, 08:20 PM

I met some ladies at a networking luncheon that offer Sprint services to business owners, I'll ask if they cover personal accounts too - being able to walk into an office and talk to someone educated makes a huuuge difference!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:28 PM

14,614 posts, read 31,159,617 times
I'm done with the expensive cell phone companies. I went with Cricket since I don't travel anymore--well, for work anyway. My bill is 43.27 every month for unlimited minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited long distance. That's pretty much all I need, and I'm almost tempted to switch to Pocket since they went down to 25 a month for that same service. Maybe Cricket will match soon.

We had T-mobile for years--ever since they were Voicestream, and they nickled and dimed us for far too long. They didn't bat an eye when we announced that we were fed up and were leaving. I guess they are overflowing with customers.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:28 PM

I'm waiting for someone to offer $50/month everything including data. Sprint has it for $99 and hopefully that's how the war will start.. although I really don't use my phone at all. When I looked at the bill this morning I noticed I did a whopping 18 minutes last month
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio