U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-18-2008, 05:04 PM

933 posts, read 1,378,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
The earthquake in San Fransisco took place October 17, 1989. That was my parents 50th wedding anniversary. We threw a party that nite. They were have a ballgame between Oakland and San Fransisco (World Series?) and the quake occurred and shook the stadium, cameras. That quake also caused the freeway to collapse. Even though I was here in SA, I always looked twice after that when I drove around an overpass. Do you remember the person that was caught in his (her) car and it was squashed to a few feet in thickness? That was a miracle that the person survived!
Yup yup...I was still living in LA and it was all over the radio...back in the day when I listened to radio. I do recall the person that was trapped in there...for some reason I think he passed sometime after due to some diabetes complication...without insulin for who knows how long, etc. Very sad.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:06 PM

3,115 posts, read 6,198,056 times
Local news on economy doesn't look to healthy. 200 temp employees at Toyota let go. Dilliards is closing a store, letting 126 people go and a Target in New Bruanfels maybe closing. I've been in that Target a few times, but they are just a block away from Walmart(?!).

Old 06-18-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
another person burned by the bug that is firefox..

not really, but I still like to laugh at aohell users
Firefox 3.0 still loves me too...and I just got notified that more of my plugins have been updated...wooohooo! though a friend of mine said that i can no longer say "woohoo" that i have to say "yeehaw"...I would like a ruling from the commissioners please.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
OH! And Safari did just fine ~ no logging out issues!

PS...I did not get logged out either...on Firefox or that browser wanna be on my CrackBerry. LOL

Old 06-18-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Too funny!!!! I have Firefox on my Mac, cause the company software from my previous employer didn't work on Safari (which was weird, since almost the entire company used Macs! ). But I pretty much never use it.
Now...THAT is hilarious!!! When I occasionally crack open my Mac, I have firefox running on it...the missus still has Safari. I keep telling her to get a real browser...aka...not Safari or IE...hahaha

now I am going to sit over here as RD chucks stuff at me.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife1029 View Post
I wondered if I was the only one who had to log back in. On safari myself. Ah the fun life of a training school counselor kids get into way too much stuff at a young age anymore. Felt like my face turned a hundred shades of red today when in the cafeteria near a fifth grade table i overheard so who are you doing now? I about dropped my teeth. Omg things I know I never did in fifth grade or even want to know of fifth graders doing.
WTF?!?!?!! Dayum....home schooling my girls sounds better every day! sheesh!

Old 06-18-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Oh Boy! Are you in for a "treat"! It is amazing, huh? My kids' middle school is pretty decent, and yet there was at least one girl in each grade (6-8) that was pregnant this past year. Pretty eye opening stuff you'll see/hear.
OK...I am now putting my eyes back in my sockets...but wowza! My eyes are wide open now! It must be only a San Antonio thing because things like that never happened in my cookie cutter town of Pleasantville...everything was perfect in shades of gray! LMAO and a JK too just for good measure... And I have not seen that movie for awhile...I guess I need to get an opinion on now moving from the living room to the office and back again...

Old 06-18-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Fortunately, neither of my kids ended up being teenaged parents. I guess the death threats helped.
Yes, not only are they going to get the boys are evil and just because they use the L word on ya does not mean you are going to be letting them into your pants...and you can forget about myspace, facebook or any other social networking site that exists or will exist. I will though let you girls onto CDF. That will be the talk we will have. LOLOL

Old 06-18-2008, 05:26 PM

13,805 posts, read 19,023,611 times
no chucking, I shouldn't have even brought up browsers, again.. anyhow, have I mentioned how much I hate going to school? seriously gets on my nerves, but I have to accept this gift horse because I'll never get another one like it..

Old 06-18-2008, 05:28 PM

Its another diverse day in OT...radio, browsers, teen pregnancy and QT's eventual arrival back in SA. I am sure I missed about half a dozen things, but I am caught up so not scrolling back anymore. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio