U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 01:15 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,349,910 times

Advertisements

.... those are the spiralled ones..... the energy efficient ones....

interesting info that I was not aware of....

YouTube - IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ENERGY SAVER LIGHT BULBS!

and, oh yes.... his giggling colleague behind him is rather humorous; looks like he's having fun with a nearby buddy....

but the speaker still has gotten my attention, and I'll be doing a little more research....

Old 06-24-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Just popping in to say hey. Kids have been sick and I'm trying to get them better before we leave for Kentucky on Friday for a week. So I've been busy with that and will be busy cleaning and packing. I miss you guys and haven't forgotten about you!
sure hope you ALL are healthy and well when you head out!! Thinking good thoughts for your journey and your well being....

Old 06-24-2008, 01:28 PM

732 posts, read 3,363,343 times
So are we still meeting at Olive Garden on Thursday? I keep having computer trouble so haven't been able to check back in a while.....

I think Jules has my number so just call if plans change....

This computer is on its last legs....every time I try to post something or send an email - it dies....

Hope this goes through......

Old 06-24-2008, 01:37 PM

Well, I've ranted on in here about my Dad's secretary. She is really such a sweet sweet woman. And I have come to a roadblock I'm afraid.
I have phone numbers now, except for her son, and apparently her son has not made contact either. Most people involved weren't even aware she has a son. Even though I cannot verify ANYTHING easily over the phone, and she may NEVER be able to utter anything more than her mournful sounds into the phone, at least I've got SOME kind of contact.

Thanks to all who expressed your well wishes. This has really been heartbreaking. My prayer is the same whether she is there or back at home on her feet again... that when her time comes, she slips peacefully away in her sleep and that she NOT be subject to any kind of abuse or taken advantage of in any way while she is still with us....

Old 06-24-2008, 01:38 PM

8,217 posts, read 27,053,553 times
This congressman brings up good points but makes us Texans look ignorant in other ways. Mercury is in those tube fluorescent light bulbs all over your offices, and in mercury vapor street lamps. And it's in older folks' dental fillings. It's also spewed into the air by power plants that fuel standard light bulbs which takes 4x the power of CFLs. They never caused me any radio interference in my house, but I will say my microwave oven scrambles WiFi and cordless phone signals (on 2.4 Ghz). I use these bulbs (NVision brand only) all over the house in select places, in appropriately diffusing light fixtures, and they work great. But I don't agree we should force anyone to use them. I collect bottles & cans at the house, and drop them off at a recycling place. I know that's somewhat sacrilege being a Texan and all... but when my bulbs burn out I'll be sending those to the recycling place, too. It's not that difficult. And if something bad happens down the road, I won't have to explain to my grandkids what I didn't do.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:48 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,285,115 times
my wife said she liked it more. she was never a fan of the long hair and beard.. guess my rebel days are over, til I can afford a Harley..

Old 06-24-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
my wife said she liked it more. she was never a fan of the long hair and beard.. guess my rebel days are over, til I can afford a Harley..
so..... when are we getting the updated pic of the 'new you'???
and btw, I never saw the long hair and beard... Only photo I've seen of you is with pretty short hair... if I recall correctly, photo was taken next to a river or a creek, you were on the bank or on a rock or something?
I dunno... was a while back.....

Old 06-24-2008, 01:54 PM

933 posts, read 1,812,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Of course, there is!
OK...so now need to add something to your SA agenda...teaching me subtle sarcasm...not sure why I would want to learn...but hanging out with you would be fun...regardless.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:58 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,285,115 times
that was in the post a pic of yourself thread and it was from 2005 when I was in Bosnia.
I don't see me being in any pictures anytime soon.. I used to be a photographer, so I'm good at staying behind the lens..

Old 06-24-2008, 02:34 PM

2,397 posts, read 5,841,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
OK...so now need to add something to your SA agenda...teaching me subtle sarcasm...not sure why I would want to learn...but hanging out with you would be fun...regardless.
BTW...what was that you were talking about "ful blown"...oh, wait...you were talking about sarcasm! Never mind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio