U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 06-24-2008, 07:02 PM

1,805 posts, read 3,054,335 times
Default First Female 4-Star General!!

wooohoooo!!
Wow, what great news... what a great story!!!

Dunwoody to become first female four-star general - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Unread 06-24-2008, 07:07 PM

5,475 posts, read 7,901,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
So, I got a new "healthy eating" book and the accompanying cookbook. "Skinny B1tc4" and "Skinny B1tc4 in the Kitch". I'm fully into all the "food" ideas, but no coffee or alcohol?!!! ugh!!!!!
NO COFFEE OR ALCOHOL???!!?!?!?!?! Count me OUT!

Unread 06-24-2008, 07:11 PM

5,475 posts, read 7,901,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Paka ~ was jis telling Otherhalf that Rob will be at The Crucible next week and he said, "Already?! Dang, didn't realize he'd been there that long!" LOL! To him, I'm sure it seemed to take a zillion years to get there when HE was the one at bootcamp. I still remember it like it was yesterday, tho! All those letters.... they're around here somewhere.
ALREADY!!?!?!?!? It HAS been forever....14 April at 9;09pm to be exact!!!

This is my motto and thought on the process (growing up, bootcamp, and home leave after bootcamp):

18 years, like a blink of an eye
13 weeks, like an Eternity
10 day, not nearly long enough

Unread 06-24-2008, 07:33 PM

3,468 posts, read 5,311,055 times
Beautiful motto, Paka. And EXACTLY what I was thinking ~ "I'm sure Paka doesn't think it's already!!"

Is anyone else enjoying this gorgeous evening? It's positively gorgeous outside! Sittin' on a lawn chair (errrrrrr..... LOG! ) right now, watching the kids play and enjoying the weather and the lovely breeze......

Unread 06-24-2008, 07:42 PM

3,468 posts, read 5,311,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
LOLOL... love the cookbook names...
You'll have to share some recipes later...

I have been "Somersizing"... the Suzanne Somers' eating plan....
I quit smoking four years ago on June 8, and woooowhhheeee, did I find a subsitute for cigarettes!! I got to be a VERY big girl... bigger than any of you have seen me, at the 'highest' point... and I was really in pretty good shape when I quit smoking.... had been in better shape earlier, but wasn't anything like where I ultimately got to.....
Did WW for a while, but then went to Calif to niece's wedding and LOLOLOLOL yeah, right - Weight Watchers indeed!!!LOLOL... never made it back on track...

but I LOVE the Suzanne plan.....I'm already wearing 2 sizes smaller, 3 sizes smaller than a few items in my closet.... and I just eat eat eat eat the yummiest things.... I choose to stay away from desserts, but you can have them... I just don't trust myself with them right now... she does discourage real sugar.....
WW was a LOT of work, for ME anyway.... count, shop, plan, WRITE/count, shop, plan, count, count, count
but, I still have a ways to go.... I got reeaaaallly big... you look like Twiggy compared to me.....

oh darlin', but none of my clothes fit me right now. I'm actually a big WW fan ~ my mom lost a ton of weight on it when I was a kid, and I was always impressed with how healthy it seemed. This new book and cookbook that I got are "great" (idealistically), but I jis dunno if I can do without caffeine and without at least a "little" shot o' the hard stuff every once in a while! (My roots are Irish Catholic, after all! ) Sugar ~ eh, bleh. I get a tummy ache whenever I eat much sweet stuff......

Unread 06-24-2008, 07:51 PM

4,148 posts, read 4,848,553 times
Im cleaning. Spring cleaning really sponging the base boards and steaming the carpet.

Unread 06-24-2008, 07:55 PM

13,494 posts, read 19,908,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Im cleaning. Spring cleaning really sponging the base boards and steaming the carpet.
I've got dibs on you.

Unread 06-24-2008, 07:57 PM

3,060 posts, read 4,653,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
whole bunch of good movies coming out soon and much later..

Bloody-Disgusting - Upcoming Horror Movies (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/comingsoon.php - broken link)

I was happy to see Starship Troopers 3 coming out late July/early August, but it's going to be straight to DVD..
I'm looking forward to Hellboy II....

Unread 06-24-2008, 07:58 PM

4,148 posts, read 4,848,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I've got dibs on you.
You know when you are laying on the floor and realize wow I need to vacuum. Well I had that moment today. I say some dog hair in the corner of the wall where it meets the floor.

Yea next it is off to my car!

Unread 06-24-2008, 08:05 PM

13,803 posts, read 17,250,978 times
Hellboy II is going to be sweet and the next Final Destination (4) should be out soon. A new Friday the 13th wasn't expected neither was Where the Wild Things Are (one of my most favorite books ever) and a new Terminator. I was really into the new TV series and hopefully it comes back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio