U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 12:16 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,342,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Hey mojo!!!!! How was the vacay???
It was WONDERFUL! We are seriously wishing we could move there now! I guess we have to wait 8 yrs until we are out of the military. I've just been busy trying to get back in the groove though. J is out playing in the sprinkler right now. he's LOVING it!

Old 06-25-2008, 12:20 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,751,140 times
heh, you and my hubby both! He loves it up there and would move in a heartbeat. Lucky for him, he makes trips there almost monthly, so he gets his fix (and I get Trader Joe's loot when he returns!! ).

We're glad to have ya back! Bet you're looking forward to Friday night! I'm still hoping that some suite tickets will miraculously find their way to me.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:09 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,713,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I heard they opened yesterday, but didn't hear anything last night. Then again I didn't get home until after 10:30 PM..

No moronathon yet. I just drove by the stands on Potranco...closed.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
What are you waiting for?

Old 06-25-2008, 01:24 PM

11,941 posts, read 12,832,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
The fireworks stands are closed?? keep your fingers crossed.

It's sad really We always did fireworks when my daughter was growing up but we were ( are) out in the country and we were always careful. Always has the hose on and never did them toward someones house, not that there were many close by. Now you have to be so careful of what the other houses are shooting your way.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
heh, you and my hubby both! He loves it up there and would move in a heartbeat. Lucky for him, he makes trips there almost monthly, so he gets his fix (and I get Trader Joe's loot when he returns!! ).

We're glad to have ya back! Bet you're looking forward to Friday night! I'm still hoping that some suite tickets will miraculously find their way to me.

They have a TJ's!? Why didn't anyone inform me of this!?!? I miss TJ's, when hubby was working and it was just me for dinner...I'd totally stock up on their frozen foods (potstickers, tofu eggrolls, etc.) and have a huge feast! It was always yum. Ah well, until then...

Yep, friday should be fun! I guess hubby said they haven't released anything new or anything, but we've both wanted to see them. DH more than me though...he's a HUGE concert buff. He's gone to see Megadeth and Iron Maiden this summer. I wanted to go see the cure, but it was up in Austin and I still have this mama guilt for leaving Jaden to go to concerts...I'm a nerd like that. Now, if Morrissey would come round...that would be a different story.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
The fireworks stands are closed?? keep your fingers crossed.

It's sad really We always did fireworks when my daughter was growing up but we were ( are) out in the country and we were always careful. Always has the hose on and never did them toward someones house, not that there were many close by. Now you have to be so careful of what the other houses are shooting your way.
Ah, firework stands. I guess I saw on the news that the police were going to be sitting near the stands or stores to see who bought them and then follow them to see if they lived in the city limits, or something to that effect? Isn't that sort of...stalking which is also illegal?

Old 06-25-2008, 01:47 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,713,783 times
I don't know what time they usually open...but they were closed just a little while ago...maybe they just open in the evenings during the week?

Old 06-25-2008, 01:50 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,347,503 times
so you both are military? or just one is? I never noticed you mention anything about the military before.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
so you both are military? or just one is? I never noticed you mention anything about the military before.
Haha! I could totally see, after reading what I wrote, how you would think we were BOTH in the military. Nope, just hubby is in the AF. I guess I sort of consider myself in it...because I have no plans on divorcing him. So, I have to go where he has to go. That's why I said "until we're out". Oh, we can't wait to be able to choose where we want to live, and build a permanent house. That's the one bad thing about being a military family...the constant moving and not being able to choose where you would liketo live. Ah well, until then...we're going to have to save every penny to move to Seattle! Boy...talk about expensive living!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio