U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 03:32 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,334,486 times

Advertisements

Warning Spam, I have VERY eclectic taste in music on my myspace page. No teasing!

Old 06-26-2008, 04:14 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,728,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
HAHA!!! My husband would appreciate that story!

One time, I was teaching kids CPR at a Jr High school. Anyway, carved onto the desk was "PANTERA" in huge letters. Some kid actually pointed at it and said "who would name their kid Pantera". HAHA. I'm only 30 right now and I felt old!
RIP, DD! I love Pantera!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
OH!!!! I LOVE the Young Ones!!! Neil and Vyvyan being my favorites, of course!!! Even got my kids addicted to it!!

Now I REALLY hafta sign off and hop in the shower!!!

Man, I haven't seen that show in forever!! My favorite was when one of the guys had a cold and was sneezing everywhere, so the other dudes threw a black trash bag over his head and stapled it on.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:24 PM

933 posts, read 1,813,035 times
Quote:
Warning Spam, I have VERY eclectic taste in music on my myspace page. No teasing!
Why yes you do! Some of course I have heard of...others I have not...and the guy who, when he sings, sounds like he is always out of breath.

Name that artist in 30 seconds or less!

OK...maybe longer then 30 seconds with the time between posts rule... LOL

Old 06-26-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
why Yes You Do! Some Of Course I Have Heard Of...others I Have Not...and The Guy Who, When He Sings, Sounds Like He Is Always Out Of Breath.

Name That Artist In 30 Seconds Or Less!

Ok...maybe Longer Then 30 Seconds With The Time Between Posts Rule... Lol
Dmx? Party up is one of my favorite DMX songs because it's refrain lyrics are what I think EVERY DAY! ya'll gonna make me loose my mind, up in here up in here, ya'll gonna make me go all out...up in here up in here....ya'll gonna make me act a fool up in here up in here...ya'll gonna make me loose my cool up in here up in here.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:30 PM

181 posts, read 612,977 times
Quote:
They were SOLD OUT in 8 minutes! The day of the show they released some last minute tickets and I could have gotten some! I still don't know anyone here that has the same taste as me! I have eclectic taste too! Hubby and I are like kids, we love going to concerts...but my mama guilt sets in and he goes alone or like on friday...we get a sitter!

Oh, you should see my myspace page music! HAHA! VERY odd variety!
You have another Morissey and Cure fan! My husband likes Morissey a little more than I do. He went to his concert in Austin last year. I have to be one of the biggest Cure fans! I'm a member of their fan site so I was able to get pre-sale tickets to their concert. DH and I went to their concert in Dallas at the beginning of June. It was the best concert I've ever been to. They played for over 3 hours straight!! Robert Smith looks the same, just a little heavier. They played all of their old stuff plus a lot of their new songs. I was loving it!! They have a CD coming out in September. We love all of that "type" of music and love going to concerts. We saw Depeche Mode a few years ago. We're just waiting for Erasure to come, but don't think that will happen anytime soon!!

Old 06-26-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAlli View Post
You have another Morissey and Cure fan! My husband likes Morissey a little more than I do. He went to his concert in Austin last year. I have to be one of the biggest Cure fans! I'm a member of their fan site so I was able to get pre-sale tickets to their concert. DH and I went to their concert in Dallas at the beginning of June. It was the best concert I've ever been to. They played for over 3 hours straight!! Robert Smith looks the same, just a little heavier. They played all of their old stuff plus a lot of their new songs. I was loving it!! They have a CD coming out in September. We love all of that "type" of music and love going to concerts. We saw Depeche Mode a few years ago. We're just waiting for Erasure to come, but don't think that will happen anytime soon!!
Ah, I'd go see Erasure too! Lady, we'd get along great! I am SO incredibly jealous that your hubby saw Morrissey! I've never seen him in concert...EVER! I need to buck up and start going to concerts by myself I guess! I'd LOVE to see him...really love it.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:02 PM

933 posts, read 1,813,035 times
Quote:
Dmx? Party up is one of my favorite DMX songs because it's refrain lyrics are what I think EVERY DAY! ya'll gonna make me loose my mind, up in here up in here, ya'll gonna make me go all out...up in here up in here....ya'll gonna make me act a fool up in here up in here...ya'll gonna make me loose my cool up in here up in here.
Hmmm...that was not who I was thinking about....but John "i am out of breath" Mayer... LOL

Old 06-26-2008, 05:05 PM

2,745 posts, read 13,091,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
OH!!!! I LOVE the Young Ones!!! Neil and Vyvyan being my favorites, of course!!! Even got my kids addicted to it!!

Now I REALLY hafta sign off and hop in the shower!!!
Me too, me too! I call my eldest son Vyv from time to time, the way he "enters" a room is quite similar!

I have a cute-little-kid music story too;

My eldest was about5 I guess. My brother was living in my spare room at the time and on this jazz kick, always listening to the "smooth jazz' station... so my son had heard the phrase but not much of the music really. So we're in the car and I'm listening to Nine Inch \Nails, and he pipes up from the back seat with "Mom, I like this! Is this SMOOTH JAZZ??"

ROFL!

He's a NIN fan now (at 16) and I love to tease him about it. He has fun at school shocking kids by telling them that 99% of his CD collection came from his MOM... stuff that was originally mine. When some kid called him a "poser" at school (remember that??) he retorted "Ahhh whatever. I was punk in UTERO man!"

Old 06-26-2008, 05:08 PM

2,745 posts, read 13,091,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
<snip for relevance>
Man, I haven't seen that show in forever!! My favorite was when one of the guys had a cold and was sneezing everywhere, so the other dudes threw a black trash bag over his head and stapled it on.
We just watched clips of that one on YouTube. Wish someone would upload entire episodes!

I like the tea kettle / Neil episode.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:35 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,728,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
He's a NIN fan now (at 16) and I love to tease him about it. He has fun at school shocking kids by telling them that 99% of his CD collection came from his MOM... stuff that was originally mine. When some kid called him a "poser" at school (remember that??) he retorted "Ahhh whatever. I was punk in UTERO man!"
That is awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio