U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2008, 07:50 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,334,748 times

Advertisements

I have a funny 3 yr old son story again...sorry...for those who might think I'm an obnoxious mama and always talking about him!

Oh, after I typed that...I just thought of a funny story about J. We went to La Frite the other night for my hubbys bday and my son asked what my DH was eating. I told him it was rabbit. So of course, here come the questions..."do you eat the fur? does it have eyes? etc". Anyway, then he starts asking "do we eat sheep? Do we eat cows?" etc. THEN! As loud as possible, I swear people in downtown could hear him he shouts, "HEY DAD DO YOU EAT THE COWS *p***s-insert name of male part here*?!?" Oh my goodness...I thought we were going to die! Of course we were like, SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha!!!! I don't know why he asks these things sometimes?

Old 06-27-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post

What is wrong with adults!? Good grace, why are some people so sick?

Old 06-27-2008, 07:54 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times
hAHAAAHAA!!! He's such a cutie, and yes, I do think he's very advanced!! He's soooooo smart and funny. You're a very lucky mommy......he's bright and I bet he just lights up your world!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:56 AM

1,512 posts, read 2,607,689 times
As a security professional, I completely understand where you folks are coming from re: MySpace, Facebook, etc. I had to educate my sister-in-law (16 at the time) about the dangers of posting personally identifiable information on her MySpace page. After the discussion, she agreed to take down most of the details. Fortunately, hers was nowhere near as bad as some--I read an article about a high school sophomore girl who posted her class schedule (w/ school address), home address and phone number, etc.

--Dim

Old 06-27-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
hAHAAAHAA!!! He's such a cutie, and yes, I do think he's very advanced!! He's soooooo smart and funny. You're a very lucky mommy......he's bright and I bet he just lights up your world!
He certainly does! I was thinking last night, I guess some people probably think I complain a lot about him...but I don't know if they understand how much energy he takes to raise? He's just really energetic and a firecracker! He is smart, I tell people that it's because of his birthparents...not me! I just try to keep up with him!

Already this morning he says "where are we going today mom?" Geez.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:59 AM

486 posts, read 1,018,005 times
reread my post from last night and realized I forgot to add the dates, Hubby doesnt get here until July 4 and will be here until July 13. Looks like it was a late night in here, truth be told I dont remember exactly when I crashed last night.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
As a security professional, I completely understand where you folks are coming from re: MySpace, Facebook, etc. I had to educate my sister-in-law (16 at the time) about the dangers of posting personally identifiable information on her MySpace page. After the discussion, she agreed to take down most of the details. Fortunately, hers was nowhere near as bad as some--I read an article about a high school sophomore girl who posted her class schedule (w/ school address), home address and phone number, etc.

--Dim
Seriously??? That's just asking for trouble!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife1029 View Post
reread my post from last night and realized I forgot to add the dates, Hubby doesnt get here until July 4 and will be here until July 13. Looks like it was a late night in here, truth be told I dont remember exactly when I crashed last night.
When are you guys going to be together for good?

Old 06-27-2008, 08:11 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times
Tons of kids post their cell phone numbers, their addresses, where they go to school--first and last names even. I would string my son up by his toenails.

There is another group of kids that think it's really cool to show pics of them smoking out of bongs, drinking from JD bottles, etc. They are clearly underage and it's sort of disturbing--we tried everything we could think of to NOT GET CAUGHT--and these kids are pretty boastful about it.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Tons of kids post their cell phone numbers, their addresses, where they go to school--first and last names even. I would string my son up by his toenails.

There is another group of kids that think it's really cool to show pics of them smoking out of bongs, drinking from JD bottles, etc. They are clearly underage and it's sort of disturbing--we tried everything we could think of to NOT GET CAUGHT--and these kids are pretty boastful about it.
It's refreshing that there are other parents out there that still try to watch what their kids are doing. I plan on trying to be "friends" with my son in a positive way. I want him to be able to come to me if he has any questions or wants to talk to me about anything. I don't know if that will be the case, but I at least want him to know that I will keep an open mind about things. I'm sure that won't be the case when he is older, but I would at least like to try to steer it that way. I remember my parents always said "if you happen to be at a party or anything and you find yourself drunk, don't drive home, call us and we will come and get you". They were always wanting to help first, talk about it later. I always thought it was a great way to parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio