U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2008, 12:33 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,361,215 times

Advertisements

just did the initial run on my taxes and it's not pretty.. I remember back when I used to enjoy them and received refunds, now they seem to think we're rich and should give them even more money than the year before..

Old 04-05-2008, 07:48 AM

413 posts, read 1,274,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
SSSSWWWWEEEEETTTTT!!!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Very nice! I better take pics of mine soon...
Please do!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
yeah, dangerouscurves! Super cute! And since I can't read symbols, what's it mean, any special significance to you????
It's Japanese for "beautiful, accomplished woman." I know it's seems so vain, but it's a reminder to me when I feel that I've done nothing that I have and should be thankful for everything I have been blessed with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
that is a Very nice tattoo DC and I especially like the location. How bad was that on the pain scale? and do you mind saying where you got it? The quality looks outstanding
Thanks. I took a long time to decide where I wanted it. I was actually going to get them a little smaller on the nape of neck, but then decided to go bigger. It actually didn't hurt that bad. I've been known to have a high pain tolerance though. I don't know for sure though, because I haven't had children. When I was getting it done, the artist even told me I was a tough girl, because I wasn't squirming. I actually got it a one of the tattoo shows that came to Live Oak Civic Center. I saw the artist's portfolio and I knew I wanted her to do it. I had the letters which are Japanese for "beautiful, accomplished woman," and she added the cherry blossoms and spiral dots.

Well, here is there website, but it may be down....

http://www.elementalinkstudio.com/

Old 04-05-2008, 09:25 AM

3,060 posts, read 6,746,677 times
I have three kanji characters on my upper back, on my spine, that read "the chosen one" - it wasn't painful, but wasn't the easiest tattoo to get either! Mine is very plain, no artsy stuff. Yet!

Old 04-05-2008, 06:30 PM

I am so ready for mine to stop itching.. I keep feeding it the tattoo lotion and it keeps drinking it all up and getting dry again.. The urge to scratch is much worse than my last one

and on a completely OT note (good thing I'm in OT huh?).. my daughter who works in the marketing (phones) section of Sea World received a call from a business owner yesterday and he wanted to know what sort of offer they would make him if he brought his entire company there; all 50 employees... He was thinking they would open the entire park to just them and offer them reduced admission.. I am SO glad I don't have that job because I would still be laughing at the guy.
and hopefully that wasn't anyone here..

Old 04-05-2008, 06:51 PM

14,628 posts, read 31,236,089 times
Wow, all 50???? And they wouldn't do it?

Old 04-05-2008, 07:02 PM

I guess he was serious too and said something about Disney accepting him.. my daughter just reminded him that this was Sea World and also mentioned they only open limited rides and attractions when groups of several thousands come in... I can't believe people would be that silly, but she said pretty much everyone there expects to get a special deal because they feel they are special..

and on another OT note.. anyone have Progressive insurance for their cars? My allstate agent basically sent me a screwyou (for some reason the server X'd that out when I had a space in between) letter with his new rates today and I intend on returning the favor.. they jacked up the rates over $250 for 6 months and for absolutely no reason at all. I think he thinks we're never going anywhere since we've been with him since 2001, but he's about to get a shock. I plan on telling him this is me saying screwyou in return too. I'm not really fond of the Progressive company and despise their name, but I will save even more money than I was paying previously with allstate.. and it's all about the $ right now, especially since I'm suddenly a very wealthy person (according to the IRS) and have to allocate quite a bit more money towards taxes throughout the year..

Old 04-05-2008, 07:05 PM

73 posts, read 92,027 times
Wow, that's gotta bite.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:06 PM

14,628 posts, read 31,236,089 times
I have Allstate, too, and they are expensive! I need to shop around, because I've been with them for about 15 years, and I guess they think I've been lulled to sleep. Which, I guess I have......it's such a pain to get quotes. They do get a huge chunk of our monthly income, that's for sure--with a 20 year old male driver on our policy I guess it's to be expected.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:12 PM

you can do the progressive quote all online and it's pretty quick. You just need the SSN of you and your spouse and some birthdays. It automatically imports your vehicles, which is kinda nice and spooky at the same time.. Their rates for uber high coverage, low deductibles, and a bunch of extra garbage is crazy, but you can get rid of all the garbage you don't need and increase the deductibles and it shows you how each thing changes the price. they say they do a discount if you get your house through them, but they were over $200 more per year than allstate. It let me modify it and add extra info like a security system and stuff, but then it looks like the database crashed because it errored out..

and 19/20 year old boys suck big booty when it comes to insurance. My wife, 21 yo daughter, and I all combined are cheaper than my son is.. then again I cost my dad $2500/year just for liability on a $1500 car when I was 17. never let the kid get his license suspended....

Old 04-05-2008, 07:32 PM

2,397 posts, read 5,859,409 times
OMG! I can't even JOKE about something that isn't in the least bit vulgar!!!http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif (broken link)

This sucks!!!!http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio