U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2008, 12:10 PM

114,159 posts, read 54,011,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
This is in reference to the cheerleader thing.....maybe their brains were fried from camp, so they could not think straight.

One of my daughters had cheer camp (for middle school) last week for 3 days at Texas State University. They were out in the field from 7 am -9pm. They were told that field area was called the frying pan because there was no shade. When I went up there for the last day to watch what her team learned, she had heat rash all over and her face was swollen. She had also become sick. After speaking to a few other moms, mine was not the only one.
Yeah, This all day out in this Texas sun is tough. When our kids are this young we should really work to limit their sun exposure. Now that we all know the risks.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:11 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,293,318 times
I never agreed with building character as far as almost killing people. I have vivid memories of high school football camp and how we would be literally almost totally out of water and beginning to halucinate. Boot camp was better because it pushed you, but in a safe way.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:35 PM

ah ha, my daughter finally realizes that most everything you hear on the news is a lie. It's taken a while to get her to see this, but today the light has finally gone on.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:52 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times
I'm still trying to find the place we visited in OK, but did y'all know about this one on Leslie Road--out here in the NW? It's been about 18 years since I've been and it looks like you have to make an appointment to visit--back then it was open all the time. When my son was about 2 or 3, I took him and they had a baby lion in the little office area where you checked in--cutest little thing ever! But they never encouraged people to touch the animals......the cats in OK were just climbing on us like large kittens.

Educational Tours (http://www.wildanimalorphanage.org/tours.html - broken link)

I'll keep looking.....I thought I had found it, but, back to the search........

Old 08-07-2008, 04:58 PM

interesting. I would love to touch one of those big ones too, but I also enjoy having two arms...

Old 08-07-2008, 05:58 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,308,671 times
Dang, I made fried spam sandwiches for supper and I JUST NOW thought about saphhire's flying saucers
I still have half of the spam left so I guess I will try them out this weekend.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:05 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times

You don't know whatcha missin' girlie. Actually, since it's been a really, really long time since I've had one, I don't know what I'm missing either.

Haha, salty fatty goodness in a can.

SPAM, Send Please A Medic
Stents, Plaque, and Me
Salty Parts as a Meal

LOL I'm making these up as I go.....anyone got anything better?

Old 08-07-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post

You don't know whatcha missin' girlie. Actually, since it's been a really, really long time since I've had one, I don't know what I'm missing either.

Haha, salty fatty goodness in a can.

SPAM, Send Please A Medic
Stents, Plaque, and Me
Salty Parts as a Meal

LOL I'm making these up as I go.....anyone got anything better?
Spam.........Yuck!! Let's see Southern Pacific Amtrak mutilations
Silly Pork and mush
slow processed anti matter

Old 08-07-2008, 08:15 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,308,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Spam.........Yuck!! Let's see Southern Pacific Amtrak mutilations
Silly Pork and mush
slow processed anti matter

hahaha, when I told my kids I was making spam sandwiches they each made their own supper. My husband ate the spam but he is definitely not a fan of it.
I can only eat it if I slice it thin and fry the snot out of it.
But, I am going to try sapphire's flying saucers for sure.

Oh yea, and I can only eat the original kind, none of that fajita flavored stuff for me. I can't believe all the flavors they have now, GROSS!

Old 08-07-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post

hahaha, when I told my kids I was making spam sandwiches they each made their own supper. My husband ate the spam but he is definitely not a fan of it.
I can only eat it if I slice it thin and fry the snot out of it.
But, I am going to try sapphire's flying saucers for sure.

Oh yea, and I can only eat the original kind, none of that fajita flavored stuff for me. I can't believe all the flavors they have now, GROSS!
We ate spam when I was young and my wife swears we had it once in a while early in our marriage. But believe it or not she just whipped some out the other night. Yuck!!!!!........Oh well!! I say that a lot when it comes to food. Now I've done it , I broke the pukey face!! No.........guess it's o.k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio