U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2007, 10:19 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,753,491 times

Advertisements

Just went in and tucked my little ones in again, pushed the masses of hair out of their eyes and kissed their sweet, sleeping faces and whispered "I love you, my baby" into their tiny ears. It's a good night to do that. (Besides, it's cold outside, needed to make sure they were covered up good and tight. )

Old 12-04-2007, 10:44 PM

3,471 posts, read 17,288,124 times
Speaking of true crime. Did you lnow that Jeffrey Dahmer was in the army at Ft. Sam and lived in San Antonio for a short while? He actually lived in an apartment house I own. I did not own it at the time. I'm afraid to do any landscaping becasue of what I might find.
There's no evience or talk of any crimes having been commited there, but who knows. Sometimes things are closer than we are comfortable with.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:38 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,355,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Not really sure this is going to work....
I recently got a new computer w/ MS VISTA, and EVERYTHING (!!!) is different, wierd and wacky....
not sure if I'm uploading properly...
also, a disclaimer, the resolution looks awful in my new system, so I'm afraid it'll look really distorted.... IF it even shows up... .LOL
I personally love Vista.. and you know you can change the resolution right? just right click the wallpaper and hit personalize. It is a radical change from XP though, but in a good way I think

Old 12-05-2007, 07:18 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,173,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Just went in and tucked my little ones in again, pushed the masses of hair out of their eyes and kissed their sweet, sleeping faces and whispered "I love you, my baby" into their tiny ears. It's a good night to do that. (Besides, it's cold outside, needed to make sure they were covered up good and tight. )
I do that every night, and again in the morning before I leave for work. I cannot fathom how anyone could do that to a child, especailly a baby. Such, I would get aggrevated with my kids when they were infants; but I would gently set them down somewhere safe and then go out and chop wood or run or do something to vent. Taking your hostilities out on a child is never justified, I would gladly show the accused the error of his ways if I could legally get away with it...it would make Gitmo look like Disneyland. But I have faith that our justice system will take care of it.

I can only pray that the poor child is now happy in the arms of God!

Cheers! M2

Old 12-05-2007, 09:14 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,359,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I personally love Vista.. and you know you can change the resolution right? just right click the wallpaper and hit personalize. It is a radical change from XP though, but in a good way I think
I can change the resolution of a specific pic/file by this method???? I don't think that's what you meant, is it? You meant change the resolution on the screen, right?

Also, on this computer and on other prior computers, I've never really gotten the knack of editing photos of paintings ...... my painterly friends use a program that is out of my budget range.....

Old 12-05-2007, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
what a sweet sweet post......

Old 12-05-2007, 10:50 AM

1,423 posts, read 2,992,087 times
Default Thread

Can anyone tell me how to make a thread? Mine has a lock on it. In the meantime "What are your top ten favorite SA restaurants? I am a foody.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Heya rd...

I AM getting used to Vista... and I do believe I am going to like it a LOT. But, I work from home and I HAD to buy a new computer because mine crashed more than once, and was giving me unbelievable nightmares; I couldn't do many of the things required by clients.... AND I was giving way too much money to my local computer tech - (I worship the ground this guy walks on btw - not REALLY, but, he IS good!!)

The biggest problem was that I didn't feel like (still don't!!!) I have TIME to learn everything anew. I have to get in and get it done and have, sometimes, exruciating deadlines. Well, compatibility issues have about driven me nuts. It affects my ability to convert docs, and different clients ask for different interfaces, different formats etc..... nearly everyone wants total final rpt pkgs all submitted in pdf format. My pdf converter doesnt seem to like the doc formats or VISTA, and ad infinitum ad nauseum.

I just didn't feel like I had/have the time to learn anything new.....
Even the tech folks at my clients' offices couldn't help..... they've never even seen the VISTA interface yet.....
RE the resolution issue, my problem was with the resolution of the photo itself.....
I do love it for personal use though, for sure!!!

Old 12-05-2007, 02:39 PM

really good reason to get the TomTom: http://www.tomtom.com/lib/img/promo/GiveGive100.pdf

with that mine will be $49.95.. make sure you look at the stores you can't get it at though. I know of several around here that carry it and aren't on the list

Old 12-05-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I can change the resolution of a specific pic/file by this method???? I don't think that's what you meant, is it? You meant change the resolution on the screen, right?

Also, on this computer and on other prior computers, I've never really gotten the knack of editing photos of paintings ...... my painterly friends use a program that is out of my budget range.....
oh, no, no it can't do that.. however, I'm pretty sure Paint can. That program always comes in handy and hasn't changed much in forever.. I'm currently working from my XP partition, so I can't check the Paint in Vista to see if it can resize pictures. You can in XP Paint though. Just hit image then stretch skew and change to resolution to something that is common and in the correct format. Many other photo programs do a better job. My favorite is ACDSee. It's pretty cheap and very fast.
Quote:
Heya rd...

I AM getting used to Vista... and I do believe I am going to like it a LOT. But, I work from home and I HAD to buy a new computer because mine crashed more than once, and was giving me unbelievable nightmares; I couldn't do many of the things required by clients.... AND I was giving way too much money to my local computer tech - (I worship the ground this guy walks on btw - not REALLY, but, he IS good!!)

The biggest problem was that I didn't feel like (still don't!!!) I have TIME to learn everything anew. I have to get in and get it done and have, sometimes, exruciating deadlines. Well, compatibility issues have about driven me nuts. It affects my ability to convert docs, and different clients ask for different interfaces, different formats etc..... nearly everyone wants total final rpt pkgs all submitted in pdf format. My pdf converter doesnt seem to like the doc formats or VISTA, and ad infinitum ad nauseum.

I just didn't feel like I had/have the time to learn anything new.....
Even the tech folks at my clients' offices couldn't help..... they've never even seen the VISTA interface yet.....
RE the resolution issue, my problem was with the resolution of the photo itself.....
I do love it for personal use though, for sure!!!
That reminded me of a part-time job I was going to do. I put an ad in the Westcreek newsletter for computer repair services and wanted to only work in Westcreek, but the boneheads took my money and never put the ad in. I was going to complain, but I didn't have a receipt or any other proof.. I don't know how that would've worked out anyhow. I just saw prices that Best Buy and Circuit City charged for simple upgrades and figured I could do them easily for half the price. Most are really simple, but most people are afraid to open the case.. I open them all the time though, so it's no big deal to me.

I'd love information on how to work at home though.. I can't stand the commute anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio