U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-01-2008, 10:12 PM

4,263 posts, read 6,720,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I need to see the first episode of this season's Sarah Connor Chronicles. I thought it started last week, but found out it was the week before.
That's a great show for anyone that's interested.

and BTW, I got rear-ended by an AF MSgt this morning while stopped at the light on 1604/Potranco. There's several ways to get out of there and obviously I picked the wrong one. I was just sitting there listening to Elvis and happy that there wasn't much traffic at 6:40 AM and then suddenly I got hit in the back. I guess his foot slipped off the brake pedal or something like that. He was saying he didn't really know what happened, so that's the only thing we could think of. There wasn't much damage, but I can't get the snaps on the bumper cover to reattach, so it might mean a new one and that probably won't be cheap. He was nice, so I hope it's an easy fix, but this truck is brand new and I'm not going to drive around with a jacked up rear bumper. This makes two vehicles in a row that have been hit in the back when they were brand new. Only in freaking San Antonio with all the crappy drivers can that happen..

RD-Guess those anger management classes worked
You didn't get out and beat the tar out of the guy for his stupidity.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:48 PM

15,916 posts, read 4,431,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
RD-Guess those anger management classes worked
You didn't get out and beat the sht out of the guy for his stupidity.
Way to go RD

Old 10-02-2008, 04:15 AM

13,805 posts, read 17,928,751 times
I doubt he was drunk since he was active duty in uniform and didn't smell like it. I have a pretty good sense of smell and if I would've smelled liquor, I would've dialed 911 immediately.
I did learn a few things, though. I need to pay more attention because I couldn't identify the model or color of the truck he was driving; all I could remember was it was a small truck. I also don't remember what he looked like, just remember active duty MSgt in blues. Luckily it wasn't a bad guy with no insurance and no residency issues..
anyhow, I'm going to the dealership today to find out what it's going to take to get the bumper to stay together and I'll probably try to ignore the little scratches, even though that's not going to be easy for me. I wouldn't want anyone to hammer me if the shoe was on the other foot though. and I was listening to Love Me Tender; good thing Metallica wasn't on

Old 10-02-2008, 06:18 AM

734 posts, read 1,995,746 times
I got rear ended by the wife of an AF (don't know the rank - I think it was Sgt or something!) She was reaching in the back of her car to get a toy dropped by her toddler while at the light and her foot came off the brake. I could totally see that happening - I do that all the time. It wasn't a big deal. And my bumper's paint was coming off anyway so I got it taken care of for free

Old 10-02-2008, 11:19 AM

The bumper step cover is $73.25, so the guy is getting off easy. I'll just have to try to ignore the scratches, although I think an offer of some extra cash might make it easier to forget..

forgot to post this link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,431866,00.html

some people are just stupid and WAY too sensitive. He's one of the funniest comedians I've ever watched.

Last edited by rd2007; 10-02-2008 at 11:48 AM..

Old 10-02-2008, 12:20 PM

20 posts, read 31,371 times
Hi, everyone,

Thanks for the replies! Yes, afraid I'm not a Netflix member, but will definitely make sure to watch the ep at NBC.com.

Thank you all again,

Kelley

Old 10-02-2008, 04:22 PM

260 posts, read 363,714 times
Quote:
The bumper step cover is $73.25, so the guy is getting off easy. I'll just have to try to ignore the scratches, although I think an offer of some extra cash might make it easier to forget..

forgot to post this link: FOXNews.com - Comedian Defends 'Achmed the Dead Terrorist' Puppet Routine Against South African Ban - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

some people are just stupid and WAY too sensitive. He's one of the funniest comedians I've ever watched.
That was the funniest clip I've seen in a long time,it was so funny that I downloaded it. Thanks!
P.S. tried to rep you but it wouldn't let me. I have to spread it around.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:33 PM

He has two DVD's and I'd highly recommend both of them. The guy is very talented and will bring tears to your eyes with his humor

you can watch both of them instantly on Netflix too. You get this now too: Starz Play content added to Netflix's streaming library - Engadget HD

Old 10-02-2008, 05:21 PM

730 posts, read 2,820,819 times
Quote:
I need to see the first episode of this season's Sarah Connor Chronicles. I thought it started last week, but found out it was the week before.
That's a great show for anyone that's interested.

If you do a search specifying the name of the TV show, season and episode number (and the word FREE) you shoudl be able to find at least one website that has what you're looking for.....

if you still can't find it -DM me and I'll have my hubby look for it for ya!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:24 PM

good idea, thanks. I want to buy the first season on DVD, but only because of the picture of the new Terminator (the girl from SA). The picture on the back of the case is Nice http://www.amazon.com/Terminator-Con...YQFEZX8TFCN3XR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio