U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 07:29 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,295,799 times

Advertisements

man, you're not making it easier on yourself.. a muscle car with a history and some stories, especially if they're documented, are worth even more money
and yep, the Cuda is worth a small fortune. Most of them I saw were going from the low $200K's to over $500K. They had a lot of them at the Indy auction and I wanted every freaking one of them. I kept saying "I want that for Christmas"
I'll settle for a 442 convertible in either green or purple with black stripes. Those are the only things that were affordable. They had a Hemi-orange and a Plum Crazy (purple) Cuda at the auction and those were my favorites. I would've took both for Christmas, except they cost over $750K combined..

Old 10-28-2008, 07:47 PM

114,159 posts, read 54,018,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
man, you're not making it easier on yourself.. a muscle car with a history and some stories, especially if they're documented, are worth even more money
and yep, the Cuda is worth a small fortune. Most of them I saw were going from the low $200K's to over $500K. They had a lot of them at the Indy auction and I wanted every freaking one of them. I kept saying "I want that for Christmas"
I'll settle for a 442 convertible in either green or purple with black stripes. Those are the only things that were affordable. They had a Hemi-orange and a Plum Crazy (purple) Cuda at the auction and those were my favorites. I would've took both for Christmas, except they cost over $750K combined..
I like the new Camaro!! Don't know why Detroit couldn't build one though! Only Camaros I ever liked were 67' thru 70' or 71' !! New Challenger or Barracuda look decent ! I think I really like the new Camaro though. Wonder what they're going to cost? What am I saying I'll have to stick with my gas guzzling Surburban!!

Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,349,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
You would have loved my 67' Camaro as seen in my profile. I had Thrush on it!! And power a plenty!!
My first car, a 65 El Camino 327 V8, was nice. I put dual glasspaks turned down at the rear axle.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
My first car, a 65 El Camino 327 V8, was nice. I put dual glasspaks turned down at the rear axle.
Sounds great, my wife had an El Camino before we got hitched. Might have been a 67' or 68' don't recall when they started. She had a horse to feed so needed a truck! Got rear ended by a jerk in a stolen car one night. Totaled the car! Thief ran off!! But , I still see several nice El Camino's running around over here! The 327 was an extraordinary engine. P.S Hers may have been a 64' think that was their first year!!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:23 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,276,008 times
my old landlord drives a really nice el camino - he lives off culebra and reed rd - his is blue and silver - excellent condition - people would come thru the culdesac i lived on when they saw him parked in front of my house just to ask him about the car. i never knew there was so much interest in an el camino!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:48 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,295,799 times
I've always loved the El Camino and wouldn't mind owning one of these new G8 ST's: 2010 Pontiac G8 ST Expected to Start in the Low $30,000 Range (The Torque Report)

I think they'll be a hit

Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Sounds great, my wife had an El Camino before we got hitched. Might have been a 67' or 68' don't recall when they started. She had a horse to feed so needed a truck! Got rear ended by a jerk in a stolen car one night. Totaled the car! Thief ran off!! But , I still see several nice El Camino's running around over here! The 327 was an extraordinary engine. P.S Hers may have been a 64' think that was their first year!!
I wonder...did you marry your wife for the El Camino? Inquiring minds want to know!

I miss that car with its 2-speed powerglide transmission. At about 40MPH, when you punched it, it would downshift to 1st and throw you back into your seat! And this was with a standard 327 4-barrel carb automatic. I took it once to the Irwindale Raceway where you pay $2 to race against each other and the clock in the quarter mile. The best I got was 84 MPH in 16.25 seconds. I also miss paying $6.25 to fill up the tank with premium gas. I would carry my Yamaha 360 Enduro in the back to the desert to go dirt riding.
Those were the days!

Old 10-29-2008, 08:11 PM

872 posts, read 2,600,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
we need a throwing popcorn at Cure haters smiley.. although something like this works too
what is the Fred channel? Does Sirius have anything similar? I usually only listen to a few stations and lately I've just been listening to my new exhaust sound
Sirius has First Wave. Sounds like it might be somewhat similar? Can't remember the channel, but I think it's somewhere around channel 20 or 21? They also have the regular 80s channel (I think it's channel 8), but that's a mix of lots of different stuff from the 80s.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:16 PM

No , ha! I had my Camaro at the time and only saw other cars as opposition! I had the 4 speed Muncie console shift which I loved. They were great shifters and transmissions! When I kicked in the back barrels on tha Quadrajet Carb wow!!!! It was the same as revving the engine and popping the clutch. I could melt the wheels off!! I never had any traction and usually raced from a slow rolling start. I knew how to drive that puppy. I could spend a lot of thread space talking about all the cars I blew the doors off of!! Man what a thrill!!

Old 10-29-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
No , ha! I had my Camaro at the time and only saw other cars as opposition! I had the 4 speed Muncie console shift which I loved. They were great shifters and transmissions! When I kicked in the back barrels on tha Quadrajet Carb wow!!!! It was the same as revving the engine and popping the clutch. I could melt the wheels off!! I never had any traction and usually raced from a slow rolling start. I knew how to drive that puppy. I could spend a lot of thread space talking about all the cars I blew the doors off of!! Man what a thrill!!
NICE!!!

BTW: The only car I beat at Irwindale that night was my younger brothers' 1969 Mercury Cougar with a 3-speed 289 engine. He beat me off the line as he had a stick, but about 1/2 way I passed him when my 327 warmed up.
Funny, after that car, my only two other GM cars were Old Cutlass (2 Dr and SW). I've been pretty much a Ford man since then...but I do like the new Camaro coming out a little better than the new Mustang Cobra. Call me bi-polar, but I would really like to have one of each!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio