U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2008, 05:09 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,352,318 times

Advertisements

Christmas Eve......
San Antonio to San Diego, late afternoon flight....
STRAIGHT from San Diego airport to the nearest In n Out....

as always....
mmmmmmm.... I've been salivating ever since I bought the ticket....

Old 10-31-2008, 05:14 PM

4,082 posts, read 6,089,580 times
They were in the process of putting up school zone signs & lights on Potranco in the vicinity of Stevens HS today with 30 mph speed limit signs. Now you will make no time on Potranco rd... I asked a NSISD policeman if they were going to start ticketing the juvenile jaywalkers that caused this to happen...he just smiled.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:30 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,572,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
They were in the process of putting up school zone signs & lights on Potranco in the vicinity of Stevens HS today with 30 mph speed limit signs. Now you will make no time on Potranco rd... I asked a NSISD policeman if they were going to start ticketing the juvenile jaywalkers that caused this to happen...he just smiled.
You know, as I was driving through there today I saw them blinking and wondered how long they'd been there. I recalled someone mentioning it would be a good idea, but driving by today, they looked like they'd always been there. I was confused!

The real puzzler was that it was 3pm and the lights were flashing - but Stevens doesn't let out until much later...must've been testing 'em.

Didn't really notice a lag in traffic - but I don't travel that way often during the school day.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:06 PM

4,082 posts, read 6,089,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw View Post
You know, as I was driving through there today I saw them blinking and wondered how long they'd been there. I recalled someone mentioning it would be a good idea, but driving by today, they looked like they'd always been there. I was confused!

The real puzzler was that it was 3pm and the lights were flashing - but Stevens doesn't let out until much later...must've been testing 'em.

Didn't really notice a lag in traffic - but I don't travel that way often during the school day.
I'm in and around that area all day. Saw them putting the final touches on them today. Nobody is use to them yet. Just wait....the traffic snarl's a comin'....especially when they start writing the speeding tickets !!!

Old 11-01-2008, 07:27 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,304,300 times
my wife said she almost hit someone on Potranco Thursday night. Wearing all dark clothes and not paying any attention after 9:00 PM. They DON'T need to punish the drivers, they need to punish the pedestrians. Once again I'm baffled by the retards this city seems to attract. I've never been anywhere that had problems like this. I used to think everyone knew that it wasn't a good idea to walk out in front of a car, but obviously I was wrong.
My son works security at a shopping center and he said he always has to call the police to get people that are sleeping in the parking lot or actually on streets. Just freaking amazing and I can't explain it at all. It's like absolutely no common sense what so ever.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:42 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,304,300 times
sure is quiet in here tonight. Everyone watching the shorthorns get a good beat down?

Old 11-01-2008, 08:49 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,696,423 times
No..did a little shopping. Could care less about college football.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:57 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,353,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Hmmmmmmm.....the earlier version mentioned that both parties were "married, but not to each other" IIRC. That's not in there, now. So, who knows?
Quote:
The Navy frowns upon (and in some cases forbids) close personal relationships between superiors and subordinates, especially in such a close-knit high-profile squadron. For the squadron to have taken such drastic action, my guess is that he must have been involved with an Enlisted Sailor in the squadron. Or a married Sailor. Or he's married.
Doesn't have to always be about fooling around - but it usually is!
Not just the Navy frowns upon this. While stationed with the 5AF at Yokota AB, Japan, the 3-Star General's aide (a LT Colonel) was fooling around with a female SSgt that worked for the aide. Both were married to someone else and both were fired. The LTC got the worst of it though as the ranking person in this type of relationship is the most responsible.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:27 AM
djw

951 posts, read 2,572,195 times
Default Did ya set your clocks back!

I forgot. Just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why my coffee hadn't made yet!
On the up side - I just got an hour of my life back!

Old 11-02-2008, 06:36 AM

14,614 posts, read 31,157,176 times
Quote:
I forgot. Just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why my coffee hadn't made yet!
On the up side - I just got an hour of my life back!
Actually, you netted about 40 minutes out of that deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio