U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-18-2008, 07:43 PM

5,569 posts, read 9,623,571 times

Advertisements

sorry can't help you there. I stopped playing video games ever since I decided to skip my finals in COLLEGE for a stupid video game. Long story. But I made it out alive, didn't I?

This is funny:
YouTube - Chubby cuppy cake boy

Old 12-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Status: "The blue mat is obsessed with me. Whyyyy??" (set 8 days ago)

13,648 posts, read 22,069,269 times
Haha, that is cute, but chubby is a bit of an understatement! Poor baby! He's quite the chunk. But he's schmoove.....LOL @ the eyebrows.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:59 PM

3,105 posts, read 6,255,985 times
My center caps got stolen off my truck sometime this week I went Christmas shopping last Friday and I think that is when it happened, I went to a bunch of different stores. At least my bags didn't get stolen (I had them locked in my toolbox thank God).

I was mad at first but I figure that karma will catch up to the thief.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:10 PM

135 posts, read 361,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Wii QUESTION ~ All you Wii fans, can you give me some hints. First, is it even to late to get one for Christmas? And second, what should we look for in "bundles" if it's not too late? It'll mainly be our 9 & 6 year old girls who use it (well, and Mama wants one of the fitness games).
Not sure if it's too late or not .. but if you can get one, I think it's a wise choice!!

Technically "our" Wii is my son's (we got it for him for Christmas when it first came out -- 2 years ago I think), but we ALL play it. Well, not my 17 month old, but you get my point. LOL My kiddos are soon-to-be 11, 4-1/2, & 17 months. If I had to pick just one game (we have many), I would have to say Mario Kart.

For Christmas he's getting Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle, Shaun White Snowboarding & Wii Music .. among other things of course. I can't wait to play the Shaun White Snowboarding (it's compatible with the Balance Board/Wii Fit that we already have)!! LOL

Old 12-18-2008, 08:15 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,448,305 times
Quote:
dj ~ take heart, if he keeps using it all the time it's bound to get the "black screen of death" and will hafta be sent in for repair/replacement. We got one last Christmas for our boys (and Halo live) and they used it to death! LOL!! We left up to our older son to get all the info, box it up, and send it back. Of course, he's too lazy and is happy with WOW on the computer. So the xBox sits, in the same spot as when it "died" about 3 months ago. Iunno which is worse, tho.

Wii QUESTION ~ All you Wii fans, can you give me some hints. First, is it even to late to get one for Christmas? And second, what should we look for in "bundles" if it's not too late? It'll mainly be our 9 & 6 year old girls who use it (well, and Mama wants one of the fitness games).
You SHOULD be able to find one pretty easily. I've seen them stocked on the shelves lately. Hubby said they had a stack of them at the AR Best Buy right after TG. As for bundles, I'm not sure. We have the Wii Fit and that's cool. We also have some other games too. My little guy loves Mario Kart. The snowboarding game sounds like a lot of fun too! We have the World Tour for Guitar Hero on our Xbox and I LOVE that game!!! I always sing, and it's funny hearing me do Beastie Boys or something like that! haha I also, personally, have a PSP. I love that little thing, it keeps me entertained when I'm traveling or know I'm going to be sitting around somewhere or something.

Oh, we've also gotten the death thing with the Xbox. It didn't bother me much, but hubby was TICKED OFF.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:25 PM

3,468 posts, read 5,779,301 times
We looked real quick at HEB+ tonight, and they were out of Wii's. The girl said they had just sold out about 30 minutes before. Dunno if that's gonna be the way it is everywhere.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:29 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,733,619 times
We love the wii. The wii fit is awesome (even thought I have been slacking on it) the darn thing insults you though if you have gained weight since the last time you played or if you haven't played it for a while. The sports package is cool too. We have a mix of games but most are for hubby or the kids. I really want the big game hunting one. We have the american idol game and that is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:44 PM

3,468 posts, read 5,779,301 times
Question ~ am I the only one who gets totally pi$$ed off at the kids wearing those d@mn3d "heelies" in the store?! Tell me, why is it ok for all these kids to go whizzing by on their SKATES, but if my boys even so much as CARRY their skateboards INTO the store, they get kicked out?

(Was jis on the phone with my daughter, she's at a Target store and she told some kids "you're not supposed to skate in the store"!! LOL!!!)

Old 12-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Status: "The blue mat is obsessed with me. Whyyyy??" (set 8 days ago)

13,648 posts, read 22,069,269 times
I love heelies! LMAO--kids look so cool whizzin' by on them.........I want a pair! But yeah, if I was a skateboarder I would be mad, too. Somehow that's not very fair, but I don't think heelies are really welcome, either.

Maybe people don't like the fact that a skateboard makes an excellent weapon? I mean, you can do some damage if you beat someone upside the head with one.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:06 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,448,305 times
Quote:
Question ~ am I the only one who gets totally pi$$ed off at the kids wearing those d@mn3d "heelies" in the store?! Tell me, why is it ok for all these kids to go whizzing by on their SKATES, but if my boys even so much as CARRY their skateboards INTO the store, they get kicked out?

(Was jis on the phone with my daughter, she's at a Target store and she told some kids "you're not supposed to skate in the store"!! LOL!!!)
Jules!!! You sound like me!!! When hubby and I see kids skating by with those shoes on...it makes me want to put my foot out. I know, I'm mean, but we live with a dark sense of humor I guess. We can't stand those skate shoe things.

Oh, when we used to live up in Ohio, we lived in this really cool small little town. I mean, we could walk to the local Kroger from our house, it was a couple of blocks. Anyway, they used to have a sign on the door that said, "no skateboards, no skate shoes, no bikes, etc." I think they named every type of wheeled type of apparatus besides a car! I always thought it was SO funny. You could almost see them chasing the kids out with their brooms "ya darn kids!" haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio