Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2008, 08:49 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,823,786 times

Advertisements

I'll ask her. She could use a confidence builder. Her English is getting better, but she can sense when others are not patient with her, so she tends to stay home a lot.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:51 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I'll ask her. She could use a confidence builder. Her English is getting better, but she can sense when others are not patient with her, so she tends to stay home a lot.
Oh, we'd love to have her!!!!

Old 06-22-2008, 08:53 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,453,477 times
Quote:
Would be AWESOME...I'll even pick her up and drag her over there if you want...since we live in the same hood!

Just remind her she will be enjoying an evening with COACH class folk! LOL

REALLY hope to get to meet her!

Old 06-22-2008, 10:12 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
ha ha, I'll have to remember coach class folks for a coworker of mine that says she needs to find a new class of friends.. she's joking of course, but trying to become a trophy wife...

Old 06-22-2008, 10:23 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,577 times
Default Are you voting this year????

Old 06-22-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
That's a good idea--my mom just sent us an updated "this is what's going to happen when we die" and "if you suspect there is any trouble with us these are our friends to call" list, which is so reassuring since I live here and they are in California. I need to get my own list together.
Mom and Dad did all that for us when they were still alive as well....
I got one together once, but have moved since then, and need to revamp some info for sure....

what I DO need to do is make a WILL!!! and AND AND AND!!!!!!
for gods sake I need to get a physicians directive in place......

I had all that in place a few years ago, but the will is no longer valid AND no longer my wishes.... and I cant find a copy of physicians directive.... it may be on my old Sony laptop, or on a CD somewhere... HA easier to produce a new one.....

Old 06-22-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Virginia View Post
PGR- praying that you find Helen's son and all is okay. I've always said to my neighbors that we all need to compile and share lists of "who to contact" numbers, but we never get around to it, of course.

Lori
Thank you, Lori, and others for your caring comments....
I am uncomfortable right now....
I called the hospital this morning, a young man, her nurse, took the call because she was asleep; he said that she is in respiratory failure, has a 'g' tube (gastro-intestinal feeding tube); he said that she is conscious and understands but cannot talk due to the respiratory thing, she just whispers sounds; he also says she is 'rail thin'.... and ONE OF HER SONS HAS BEEN HERE EVERYDAY BUT IS NOT THERE AT THE MOMENT!!!
I asked the name of this 'son' (since Helen has only ONE and he has been in TEXAS EVERYDAY not even aware his mother was hospitalized!!!!)... he wasn't sure and then he backtracked, saying, oh, no I guess he is just a friend...

I'm not liking this very well at all!!! But, at least the manager at Helen's apt bldg has been in contact with the son; I'm going to call her tomorrow and ask her to call the son again and ask permission to give ME his phone number; last night she said she had given him mine, but forgot to ask if she could give his out.
I hope and pray that I'm wrong and that Helen just really does have some friends that she considers 'as a son' etc, and that a mutual choice was made to be near them.... but I just can't imagine her not telling me and I just can't IMAGINE where she'd have met someone who lives nearly 50 miles away... she took the local bus to SHOP for Christ's sake, how and when did she meet 'a friend' from 40-50 miles away?.. I just pray that the circumstances are waaaaay different than they are sounding.....
When I call the phone number for this 'son' and 'friend' this morning, I get a busy signal.
Ironically, I grew up in the town where she is now staying. Wish I had someone there I could ask to do well-being check for me.....

Old 06-22-2008, 10:53 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,453,477 times
How very sad Holly...I wish there were something I could do or say to help ease your concerns and issues with this...she is lucky to have a friend like you looking out for her even if she is not aware.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:38 AM

732 posts, read 3,553,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
GIRLS OUT NIGHT ALERT!!!

Hey ladies, Jules and I are planning a "girls night out" this Thursday, 26 June at the Olive Garden near Ingram Mall...about 5:30 pm. Any of you GIRLS interested in coming along??? We thought since we were so busy at the last meet and greet to really sit and talk girl stuff, we would make it a date! Felt the food would work for carnivors and veggans AND they serve drinks...who could ask for more? (except maybe a Designated Driver???) Anyone up for it? Please let me know for head count purposes!
I'd love to come....I may have to bring the girls, though...... Would that be okay?

Old 06-22-2008, 11:41 AM

732 posts, read 3,553,110 times
Quote:
I'm an ESL teacher so I'll help her if she needs it..... I would love to meet her! Where is she from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio