U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,814 posts, read 33,121,638 times

Advertisements

Home Depot stores have rental pickup trucks that rent for something like $15 an hour. U-Haul might have rental pickups, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 07:39 PM

380 posts, read 1,165,677 times
If I lived on your side, I'd offer my truck and help. Sorry.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:04 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,333,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Home Depot stores have rental pickup trucks that rent for something like $15 an hour.
This would probably be a good option - get there early though the truck is a popular rental.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:20 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
Well, he said he can't fathom the idea of shoveling 1400 lbs. of rock, so hauling it there himself is not the issue--I think the issue is getting it off the truck and into the yard. Good luck with that! I personally hauled 6 pallets of bricks and a pallet and a half of flagstone (well, I had some help with the flagstone) from the side yard where they delivered it to the back yard, and also a pallet of river rock. I am limiting myself to 12 oz. now, 16 at the most.

You may be able to find some "general labor" people on craigslist. Or go down to the corner of Frio and Commerce near the Pik Nik store and pick some of those guys up. You just never know what you're getting..........

Old 04-02-2008, 07:01 AM

2 posts, read 3,715 times
Default Rocks we don't need no stinkin rocks!

Depending on where you live, if its anywhere north of 1604, you'll probably dig up enough rocks to use. When I used to live out at Medina lake I swore the dirt was there just to hold the rocks together.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:14 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,307,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erspringer View Post
Depending on where you live, if its anywhere north of 1604, you'll probably dig up enough rocks to use. When I used to live out at Medina lake I swore the dirt was there just to hold the rocks together.

haha, this is funny
I am CONSTANTLY picking up rocks in the pasture. Just the other day I saw an ad on craigslist, someone was advertising that they had 26 acres of rocks free for the taking, you just had to pick them up.

I know that it is different in the city though and the rocks aren't near as plentiful (of course) so I'm not making fun.

To the OP, maybe you should check with u-haul and see if they rent a dump trailer, that would make things a little easier. Or like someone said, there are always ads on craigslist for landscapers.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:27 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,103,487 times
Yeah, I was also chuckling at the prospect of buying rocks! I thought this thread was about the same problem I have every time I dig in the yard....rocks! Even planting some small bushes around the house I end up with bucketfulls of them. Sure, nothing as pretty as river rocks, but plentiful nonetheless!

The funny thing is I always fear dumping them somewhere. I mean, heck, they're just rocks! And considering the amount of trash people have the bad tendency to dump all over this town (which is sad, why do they do that?), why should I worry about dumping rocks? I try to find someplace where erosion has occurred and put them there. I figure if anyone catches me doing that, I can tell them I am trying to slow the erosion!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio