Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 02:53 PM

1,514 posts, read 882,257 times

Advertisements

San Antonio Storage Unit price comparison thread - for 5x10 units
Other sized units may be more expensive but this should be a good starting point to determine who is offering the best deal. Also, these prices are for September 2018 so prices are subject to change.

I am moving into a new home near the end of this year so I am looking at storage units to possibly get some cheap appliances off of Craigslist (if I find an amazing deal) and to store them for a few months. Since I did some shopping around and getting info on each of these storage unit places, I wanted to share this info with you guys so you could benefit.

Just a heads up, the San Antonio Austin belt is one of the most moved to spots in the nation right now and storage units here seem to be a dime a dozen so things are competitive. Because this area is so competitive, be prepared because when you call these places in regards to getting info, they do have sales pitches and can be a bit pushy at times.

A tip: Prices for storage units from the same company in the same city vary from location/address to address. For example, a same sized unit from "Public storage" could be a few dollars cheaper each month from one "Public Storage" to another "Public storage" just down the road or a few miles away. After calling around, this seems to be the case with all storage companies here in SA. If you are interested in the best deal per month and don't mind driving an extra few miles, ask each company what their cheapest location is and get a price for that.

Also, all storage companies charge a "move in" or "administration fee" and sometimes offer a "special". Be mindful of this fee and specials as this may play an important part depending on if you only want to rent for a few months or for longer.

Here is the data on what I found:

As of September 2018, Public Storage looks to be the cheapest in "price per month" and middle of the road for the one time "set up / administration" fee. They also offer an amazing deal of 50% off of all months but according to the sales rep, they only run those sales on Memorial Day and Labor day.

Hope this is beneficial

P.S. If you know a reputable/safe place that is offering a better deal, feel free to post about it. Thanks.

Last edited by txbullsfan; 09-05-2018 at 03:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio