Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:53 PM

109 posts, read 387,628 times

Advertisements

Let me know when!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 10:26 AM

27 posts, read 110,472 times
Default Hair Help!

Ok, so lilke I said we are new to U.C. in Texas and we just got here about a month ago. Well, i have a 15 year old daughter who just HAS to get her hair cut before school starts. So, does anyone have a place to recommend? I do not want to just go to MasterCuts or some other chain place when there could be a great local place that people like to go to.
I need a place where my two daughters and myself can go to and know I will not come out with a BAD haircut.
My teen is whining a lot, so I need help A.S.A.P.
Thanks again,
Jen

Old 08-06-2008, 12:43 PM

413 posts, read 1,404,321 times
I go down the street on Pat Booker to Blondes, Brunettes, and Redheads. They are really nice!! All of them. I use Jennifer there. She does a great job with my hair. It's finer hair and she's cuts it really nice to give it volume. I pay $40 plus tip.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:25 PM

58 posts, read 132,867 times
Count me in for a UC meet and greet! Maybe some restaurant on Pat Booker?

Old 08-13-2008, 08:24 AM

I am not sure how to organize a meet and greet, but a place on on Pat Booker would be great. I am sure a lot of new people are in the area over the summer, due to the Air Force Base and the majority of the moves happen in the summer. If anyone has ideas on where, when and so forth; that would be awesome. I am still trying to figure my way around. My husband had surgery on the 14th of July and everything that could go wrong with the house, went wrong and I am not getting out much. That is why I still could use all the ideas and advice on the local "fair" of U.C.
Thanks again for everyone's posts!
JenLa73

Old 08-13-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeruscurves View Post
I go down the street on Pat Booker to Blondes, Brunettes, and Redheads. They are really nice!! All of them. I use Jennifer there. She does a great job with my hair. It's finer hair and she's cuts it really nice to give it volume. I pay $40 plus tip.
THANKS!!!!! My daughter is now jumping all over the house. She thinks I will now immediately call and make her an appointment. How little she knows. LOL I have a carpenter coming out to work on our deck and some cabinets in the kitchen. I am not going anywhere all week, much less getting her an appointment. I need a haircut worse than she does. But she is 15 and that is more important than a deck you can stand on safely. Ah...to be 15 again.
Thanks again for the info.
JenLa73

Old 08-13-2008, 10:38 AM

824 posts, read 457,815 times
A meet and greet would be great. We just moved to Schertz in june and would love to go. Hopefully someone has better organizational skills than me and can get the ball rolling!

Old 08-13-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLa73 View Post
THANKS!!!!! My daughter is now jumping all over the house. She thinks I will now immediately call and make her an appointment. How little she knows. LOL I have a carpenter coming out to work on our deck and some cabinets in the kitchen. I am not going anywhere all week, much less getting her an appointment. I need a haircut worse than she does. But she is 15 and that is more important than a deck you can stand on safely. Ah...to be 15 again.
Thanks again for the info.
JenLa73
LOL. I wish I was 15 again sometimes. Well, I think both of you will like it there. Personally, I think it's the best on Pat Booker.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:13 PM

Default Wanting to be 15 Again

So far I like it A LOT! And my daughter is going into a shoppers' induced coma. She is so happy to have so many places to shop. I hope she gets a summer job next year or she is not going to like driving by all the stores with me and not stopping!!!
I am looking forward to getting out of the house and doing stuff. I ride a motorcycle and am DYING to get into the Hill Country for a ride. My husband is still recovering from his surgery, and with the house issues....makes it hard to get out for fun. But we are here for a while and it is good to be here. Thanks for all the help, ideas and tips on places to go. I will still be asking plenty of questions!!
JenLa73

Old 08-14-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLa73 View Post
So far I like it A LOT! And my daughter is going into a shoppers' induced coma. She is so happy to have so many places to shop. I hope she gets a summer job next year or she is not going to like driving by all the stores with me and not stopping!!!
I am looking forward to getting out of the house and doing stuff. I ride a motorcycle and am DYING to get into the Hill Country for a ride. My husband is still recovering from his surgery, and with the house issues....makes it hard to get out for fun. But we are here for a while and it is good to be here. Thanks for all the help, ideas and tips on places to go. I will still be asking plenty of questions!!
JenLa73
Ya that is the one thing I liked about living in Universal City is that everything is really close. If I was going out and needed a new shirt or something the forum was under 10 minutes away. I knew how to avoid all the traffic on top of it, so I could be home and out the door again in 30 minutes. My best friend's mom also rides a bike and takes me out sometimes with her to the hill country and some other places off 1604. What kind of motorcycle do you have? I'm sure everything will come together soon, but just don't get too stuck in that uc circle, it's hard to leave sometimes. San Antonio has some great things to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio