Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 10:27 AM

4 posts, read 2,384 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any info on the quickest places for early voting in the San Antonio area? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 11:39 AM

282 posts, read 337,790 times
Hard to say where is the quickest. I just got home from voting at the Parman Branch Library on Wilderness Oak. Took 45 minutes from car park to pulling out of the lot. I was hoping the rain would slow other voters down but apparently 100 of us had the same idea. As I left there were even more cars in line to get into the limited parking lot so I imagine 45 minutes was short compared to now and later.

Old 10-24-2018, 12:03 PM

502 posts, read 386,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicafaye View Post
Anyone have any info on the quickest places for early voting in the San Antonio area? Thanks
Maybe some of the less populated areas... Far Southside maybe?

Old 10-24-2018, 01:10 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,255,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyk47 View Post
Hard to say where is the quickest. I just got home from voting at the Parman Branch Library on Wilderness Oak. Took 45 minutes from car park to pulling out of the lot. I was hoping the rain would slow other voters down but apparently 100 of us had the same idea. As I left there were even more cars in line to get into the limited parking lot so I imagine 45 minutes was short compared to now and later.
I was in the same line as Randy and it was getting much worse when I left - 10:25. I was able to at least drive around looking for a spot at Parmen although I got the last open one. When I left I couldn’t back out for awhile because the line of cars went to the entrance. I think it might be best to try right when the polls open. I was also hoping the rain would discourage voters but no such luck. Maybe if it intensifies...

Old 10-24-2018, 01:33 PM

282 posts, read 337,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4 View Post
I was in the same line as Randy and it was getting much worse when I left - 10:25. I was able to at least drive around looking for a spot at Parmen although I got the last open one. When I left I couldn’t back out for awhile because the line of cars went to the entrance. I think it might be best to try right when the polls open. I was also hoping the rain would discourage voters but no such luck. Maybe if it intensifies...
I sent a text to my wife that I’d just finished voting and that was at 10:35. Indeed we were in the same line with you a few people in front of me. As a measure there was a couple in their late 50’s to mid 60’s who were maybe 10-15 people in front of me. The female caught my attention as she was 6’+ with light hair and reminded me a bit of my sister.

Old 10-24-2018, 02:57 PM

4,295 posts, read 7,159,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River City Rocky View Post
Maybe some of the less populated areas... Far Southside maybe?
Yes that appears to be the case, looking at the daily totals so far. The lowest numbers are all on the south or far east side of the city or county.

As far as the north side, it looks like Windcrest Takas Community Center has the lowest numbers; just under 600 voters per day, then next would be Olmos Park City Hall, with about 700 voters per day.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:02 PM

9,843 posts, read 13,568,881 times
https://www.ksat.com/news/tired-of-w...in-san-antonio

Not sure how helpful it is now that it's been two days since it was published.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:21 PM

812 posts, read 664,757 times
Early voters made it easy to vote on election day a couple years ago. At Parman library anyway.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:01 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,798,090 times
I voted yesterday at the Schaefer Library, Address: 6322 US Hwy 87 E, San Antonio, TX 78222
Took less than 10 minutes, from getting out of car, walking across lot, and voting, getting back in car and leaving. 10 minutes!

Old 10-25-2018, 10:12 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,255,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyk47 View Post
I sent a text to my wife that I’d just finished voting and that was at 10:35. Indeed we were in the same line with you a few people in front of me. As a measure there was a couple in their late 50’s to mid 60’s who were maybe 10-15 people in front of me. The female caught my attention as she was 6’+ with light hair and reminded me a bit of my sister.
I don’t remember that couple so they must have been behind me. I remember looking at the time when I’d been there about 5 minutes and it was 9:42. There was a fb post about all the asps in the bushes there so I was looking at them through the window. I’ve only seen a few before and there must have been 50 there. I was talking to a slightly older gentleman who didn’t know what they were. Later I was discussing how crazy academic competition was with a couple behind me. She had a blond curly ponytail and her husband had dark hair. I did see my son’s doctor in line and an old neighbor. Can’t hardly go out in Stone Oak without seeing someone you know if you’re active in schools/church/sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio