Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 02:12 PM

87 posts, read 64,846 times

Advertisements

With San Antonio now sitting as one of the most violent and crime infested cities in America, what do you think is the worse you've seen and known about the Alamo City?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 02:31 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,514,935 times
I go to San Antonio all the time because my girlfriend lives there. She lives in the northern part, off 1604. Her area is very nice.

Just like any other city, there is crime. And, some areas probably have more than other areas. Same as Houston or any other city.

I am careful where I go, and I have no issues.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:00 PM

87 posts, read 64,846 times
There is nothing trolling about this. No one is being parodied, mimicked, or made fun of. It IS the reality that San Antonio is now one of the worst cities in America for fraud, theft, and drugs. Trolling would be to cynically harass others.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:16 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBard79 View Post
There is nothing trolling about this. No one is being parodied, mimicked, or made fun of. It IS the reality that San Antonio is now one of the worst cities in America for fraud, theft, and drugs. Trolling would be to cynically harass others.

Some of these homers don't want to hear this. They are quick to defend and/or sugar coat these issues regarding SA.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:25 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,077,794 times
San Antonians are in denial. Anyone who says anything negative is a troll. but facts remain facts, and sometimes there is no way to put sugar on them.

Those threads should be probably merged:
Why is the city of San Antonio so tolerant of poverty and neglect?
San Antonio crime report FBI release

Old 10-25-2018, 07:01 PM

894 posts, read 1,546,693 times
Quote:
With San Antonio now sitting as one of the most violent and crime infested cities in America, what do you think is the worse you've seen and known about the Alamo City?
There is no point to this post other than to elicit or provoke a response. Does San Antonio have crime? Yes. Do other major American cities? Also yes. Posting this type of question at election time seems just like shilling to me. I can tell you I'd much rather walk the streets of San Antonio, anywhere in San Antonio, than walk the streets of Baltimore MD or Camden NJ, and I've done that. I'm very comfortable in this city...crime and violence and all. I've lived around the world and we have it really good here. If you don't like it, try somewhere else.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:06 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
Quote:
Facts don’t backup your assertions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
Some of these homers don't want to hear this. They are quick to defend and/or sugar coat these issues regarding SA.
Great line that you have on auto repeat. Prove the trolling post premise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
San Antonians are in denial. Anyone who says anything negative is a troll. but facts remain facts, and sometimes there is no way to put sugar on them.

Those threads should be probably merged:
Why is the city of San Antonio so tolerant of poverty and neglect?
San Antonio crime report FBI release

As a mod you are using a the word troll? Have you not given infractions for that??? No wonder CD San Antonio is not what it once was...

In your threads I have posted links to FBI stats that show we are nowhere near the top on violent crime.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:36 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
What do you expect from a "sanctuary city"? A city which, by the very nature of their position, endorses illegal activity? Until the citizenry of SA wakes up and does a top-to-bottom cleaning of their local political leadership, don't look for it to get any better.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:38 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Facts don’t backup your assertions.

Great line that you have on auto repeat. Prove the trolling post premise.

As a mod you are using a the word troll? Have you not given infractions for that??? No wonder CD San Antonio is not what it once was...

In your threads I have posted links to FBI stats that show we are nowhere near the top on violent crime.

Like the one poster said ...you don't like it, leave.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:40 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
Like the one poster said ...you don't like it, leave.
I think they were talking about the city, not an anonymous internet relocation forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio