Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:05 PM

38 posts, read 171,908 times

Advertisements

I have engine problems in my '99 Expedition. Does anybody know of a reliable mechanic in the northwest side of town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 01:44 AM

431 posts, read 928,996 times
Tillers is a good place. Been going there for 4 years now. Great servie and price. Heres a link to the location and a phone number.
tillers automotive loc: San Antonio, TX - Google Maps

Old 08-03-2007, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 6,311 times
We just got our truck repaired at Ruben's Auto Repair
7210 Polar Bear
San Antonio, TX 78238
210-647-1148.

They were fast, friendly and VERY VERY fair. I would recommend them whole heartedly!!

Old 08-03-2007, 11:46 AM

36 posts, read 157,587 times
Ranalli Auto Inc Dba Hi-Tech A
Write a review
6519 Prue Rd
San Antonio, TX 78240
(210) 877-2929

stay away from 911 auto

Old 08-03-2007, 11:55 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,824,279 times
Not sure how far west/northwest you're looking for...but Potranco Automative (on Potranco just outside Loop 1604) is decent and honest. Hubby took our 99 Durango there and I thought we'd end up with a $700 bill with what all he had done (couple of sensors replaced, tune up, etc.) and it was half that. I was quite pleased.

Tiffany

Old 08-03-2007, 08:23 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,818,189 times
I'll second Potranco Automotive - I haven't been yet but we've had some friends recommend them.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:18 PM

38 posts, read 171,908 times
Thanks for all the input. I think I'll try Tiller's.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:40 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
MD Automotive on 1560 between Culebra and Shaenfield...

Cheers! M2

Old 11-01-2007, 09:05 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,335 times
Helotes Lube & Tune....
Bandera Rd, north of 1604, behind a building, just north of the U-Haul on the east side of Bandera..... kitty cornered from the Sonic on Bandera.....

single female, somewhat mechanically challenged, '94 Honda Accord EX - always expensive to repair, mechanics eyes usually light up when they see me coming.....

They have been very honest and forthright and do very good work. If need be, they look for workarounds that will keep me safe and running but not broke....

I bought two quarts of oil a while back... can't recall why, but for some reason, I couldn't put the oil in myself.... drove over there and very sheepishly asked if they could put the oil in for me.....
the manager/owner immediately pulled a guy off a job and told him to follow me out to my car and put the oil in for me..... I offered to pay, they insisted NO.... not to worry about it......

I've never had to go back after any of their work, asking them to make it right.... a really great bunch of guys, truly.... assorted ages, races.... I hope they prosper and have happy family lives always......

Old 05-28-2011, 08:36 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
I have found that MD Automotive over off 471 and 1560, or just a few miles outside of 1604 off of Culebra Road, is an excellent shop. They had been taking great care of us for years.

In a nutshell, the nice folks at MD Automotive not only do excellent work in fixing all the problems I needed addressed, they did so at a reasonable price and quickly. But what I really liked was that it is a family-run business, and one that treated its customers like they are part of the family! Mike, Chris, Jason, Joe and the rest of the team there and friendly, honest and will go the extra mile to make sure you are taken care of.

The one thing I always hated about moving around during my military career was finding a reputable mechanic for our vehicles. I've had too many bad experiences where work wasn't done right or we were charged way more than what I felt was reasonable. When we arrived here from Belgium in 2005, I needed some repairs done on my VW Passat (not an easy car to work on) as they dealt with the emissions systems unique to US models (thus the Belgians could not figure it out). Not only did MD fix those, they also corrected several other items that needed addressing. The car was like new when I got it back from them.

The one thing I always hated about moving around during my military career was finding a reputable mechanic for our vehicles. I've had too many bad experiences where work wasn't done right or we were charged way more than what I felt was reasonable.

We just recently took our Honda minivan in for maintenance this week and as usual, they got the long list of items that needed to be addressed completed in a few days. It wasn't an easy list either, but they bust their tails to get the work done quickly and correctly, as they know it is inconvenient to have a vehicle in the shop for repairs. But they will not sacrifice quality for speed, and since they have a 2 year or 30,000 mile warranty, I am confident the work they do is done right. In the six years we have been using them, we have never had a problem with any of the work they've done.

If anyone on the NW side of town (especially the Alamo Ranch area) is looking for a reputable car repair shop, MD Automotive is the place to go. They will get you in and out quickly, and while maybe not the cheapest repair shop in SA, you can rest assured that the work is done right and that they will stand behind it. To me that is a comfort, and I wouldn't take my vehicles anywhere else!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio