U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 10:08 PM

4,080 posts, read 6,078,344 times

Advertisements

Make sure they use 3M tint..that stuff doesn't turn purple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 05:31 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,089,358 times
Danny

Funny you should ask, as I still haven't gotten the Jeep doors tinted although there was a place right at 90 & Military (I work on Lackland) that quoted me $45 for both doors and I have been thinking lately that I need to get it done now that summer is right around the corner (like this afternoon!).

That place would be most convenient for me as I could drop them off them and just pick them up the next day, so I am probably going to do that. They've been there for a while, and while they are probably not quite as "established" as Mothers, as long as they do a decent job I will be happy.

A quick anecdote, when I stopped by in my car to inquire about the price, they were a little confused about my desire to "drop the doors off"and pick them up the next day. I guess not many Jeep owners do it that way, but since I have a set of soft doors as well, I can pop off the ones needing tint and just leave them to be done...

Cheers! M2

Old 04-21-2009, 05:34 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,278,563 times
Remember to ask me about them. If it's the one I think you're talking about, I wouldn't recommend them and they're the ones that did my truck. There are still bubbles and that's not a good thing. I have a card at home for a very good guy near South Park Mall.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:04 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,304,024 times
Solarize on Eckert (sp?) and Bandera did a good job on three of my vehicles.

I just had my Mazda done (last week) by a guy who works at Mother's. He did it as a "side job". All I can say is that I hope he does a better job when he is getting paid by the hour .

Old 04-21-2009, 05:32 PM

132 posts, read 251,575 times
Im super picky about my vehicles, and I took mine to Daddy's window tint on Huebner. Awesome people, father and son run shop. Did an AWESOME job all around, and they have a great warranty. Nice people too..will be taking all of my tint/alarm/car audio business back to them. Wish there were more shops like that around.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:10 PM

5 posts, read 21,359 times
Thanks for the info guys, I called Daddy's, they seem a bit expensive, as I am doing an alarm also. If they are good it will be money well spent though.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:26 PM

132 posts, read 251,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy972 View Post
Thanks for the info guys, I called Daddy's, they seem a bit expensive, as I am doing an alarm also. If they are good it will be money well spent though.
Yeah, admittedly they aren't the cheapest, but the use quality material, and did a great job, to me it was worth the little extra for the job they did, just depends whether you want a better quality or a budget job..let us know how it goes!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:57 AM

60 posts, read 125,874 times
I had my car done at Mother's (Fred road) a few years ago. They had to scrape off the tint that was old. They did a pretty good job and after 3+ years, it is still good. There were a few small bubles but they disapeared after a few days after application. I got the midgrade 3M film.

Total cost to me was $360 or so ($100 for the removal). Not the cheapest but my defroster still works which apparently can easily be damaged when peeling off tint from the rear window. I have seen better prices at one location garages but I just went with someone who I know has been around for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio