Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 05:45 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
just a baby? no problem!

we have scorpions, and one stung my 10 month old (well he did try to eat it, I would sting too!) all is well, he was fine. but yeah - scorpions creep me out too!
Wow...Did you have to take your 10 month old to the hospital? If so, what happened? We saw our first scorpion a few weeks ago, just a foot or so away from our 14 month old.

--Dim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 08:27 AM

734 posts, read 3,016,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
Wow...Did you have to take your 10 month old to the hospital? If so, what happened? We saw our first scorpion a few weeks ago, just a foot or so away from our 14 month old.

--Dim
I did take him to the ER, this was last year. He broke out in a rash. I could have just taken him to the dr. but it was at 7:30am and they don't open til 8:30. Basically all he needed was Benedryl, but you don't know if your kid is allergic or not so that is where the problem comes in. They also gave me and Epi-Pen Jr. prescription, because they said if he got stung again he might have a more severe reaction.

It was a pretty scary experience, but he's fine now

We do spray in the Spring, and it seems to help. There were less this year. Last year was a lot wetter, so we had tons of them.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:06 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,949 times
New visitor at our new house on Ledbury - anyone know what kind it is?
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures of your yards-copy-june24-08.jpg   Pictures of your yards-june24-08.jpg  

Old 06-24-2008, 03:11 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I have seen those at my house too. I'm not very snake savvy so I killed it and took it to my FIL. He assured me it wasn't poisonous.

I have just started to let snakes live. I used to kill EVERY snake I saw.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:39 PM

Here's a vid of a guy that found a coral snake in his yard - I found one at my last place just a few weeks ago, after it had been run over in the street! Thank goodness!

YouTube - Coral Snake Footage

Old 06-24-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:

Oh good! Checkered garter snake.

Black-Necked Garter

Old 06-24-2008, 06:11 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,555,245 times
That's actually a really pretty snake, gw!

Corral snakes, on the other hand, are awful! Have hated it every time we've found one! (Both outside of the city limits, and where we're at now.)

Old 06-24-2008, 09:51 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,542,025 times
Quote:
Yikes! I don't like snakes, garter or rattlesnake, and that one would have put me into cardiac arrest.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:39 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,138,809 times
Nice snake BTW, GWRober. Please don't kill him. He will eat rodents & scorpions.

I love the pics of everone's yards, they look so good. Almost wish I lived back in the city! Mine is a brown burnt out mess!

Old 06-24-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Nice snake BTW, GWRober. Please don't kill him. He will eat rodents & scorpions.

I love the pics of everone's yards, they look so good. Almost wish I lived back in the city! Mine is a brown burnt out mess!
Oh I left him alone! The most I did was set my laptop bag next to him to get a good sense of his size in the picture. He was about 2 ft long! I get the willies with snakes and spiders, but most of the time they're safe from me, unless they get into the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
That's actually a really pretty snake, gw!

Corral snakes, on the other hand, are awful! Have hated it every time we've found one! (Both outside of the city limits, and where we're at now.)
Yeah I was worried when I saw it - I made sure to get a pic, which I can't find now, and then go look it up! Makes you worry about how many times you've probably stepped outside right next to one and not known!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio