Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 08:32 AM

21 posts, read 80,436 times

Advertisements

Can Anyone Give Me Any Information (other Than What's On Their Website) About Cordillera Ranch In Boerne? Friendly? Too Far? Kid Friendly? Any Personal Experiences Or Opinions Or Rumors Welcome. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 11:23 AM

4 posts, read 16,866 times
Default Kind of far

Hi, we are relocating from CA. We looked at that area. It is pretty with a lot of space but it seems way too remote if you have kids (we have a 5 & 7 yr old). My impression is that we would be spending a TON of time in the car driving them around. If we didn't have kids, it would be a great spot.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:36 PM

Default Cordillera Ranch

We have 3 kids, 6, 7 & 9. We are relocating from FL. We were out there a month ago and felt the same. It's remote. We've seen other places in the area and the fact that it has amenities was a big plus for us. The socializing for the kids and ourselves will be important when we move since we do not know anyone out there.
We will be there again in a couple of weeks to make up our minds. The schools in the area, both private and public seem good. That's extremely important.
I do appreciate other people's input. It will be a huge move for us as you can very well imagine.
Have you found a place out in TX yet?
Thanks for your reply.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:31 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhaim View Post
Hi, we are relocating from CA. We looked at that area. It is pretty with a lot of space but it seems way too remote if you have kids (we have a 5 & 7 yr old). My impression is that we would be spending a TON of time in the car driving them around. If we didn't have kids, it would be a great spot.
The ranch is only 10 miles East of Boerne on Highway 46 (and about 20 miles from San Antonio). Texas is so big, 10 miles is nothing, and those are highway miles, not stop and go. IMO, it is very nice out there but expensive. There are other places closer to San Antonio you might try.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:54 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
It depends on what you're looking for in a community. A lot of people think it's too far, but that's all relative. In 5 years it'll be considered pretty accessible. It's a HUGE community and I believe that they have a lot of family friendly events at the clubhouse. If you play golf, you'll have to make sure that you buy a property with a golf membership attached to it, as most don't have them, and they never will. The golf memberships are very difficult to get right now.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:48 PM

418 posts, read 1,239,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
The ranch is only 10 miles East of Boerne on Highway 46 (and about 20 miles from San Antonio). Texas is so big, 10 miles is nothing, and those are highway miles, not stop and go. IMO, it is very nice out there but expensive. There are other places closer to San Antonio you might try.
Yup, If one can easily afford it, I think its a near ideal place to raise a family. Peace, quiet, and nature is extremely important for child development. I like that fact that it is a few miles away from I-10.

In addition I don't think driving kids around would be much of an issue. I believe it is Texas law that bus's pick up children if they live further than a couple miles from a school.

The greater issue is the size of the lot, parent(s) commute to work, and/or habit of frequenting starbucks, mcdonalds, heb etc. If the parents have lived in a rural area sometime of their life, the lifestyle should be a piece of cake. If not, I'd think twice.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:07 AM

14 posts, read 57,065 times
We looked out there as well. I thought it was too far. My kids are 7 and 10 and while they do attend a private school in Boerne, I have to come into San Antonio for all of their activities. The community is beautiful, the clubhouse is the best I have seen in town. I just could not get past the drive. Depending on where you are in the community it could take you about 10 mins just to get to the gate, then another 15 to 20 mins to get to I-10, and with all the building going on on Ralph Fair, sitting in traffic at the light at I-10 looks to be growing by the day. My husband loved it out there. In the end we went with Anaqua Springs I felt it was closer.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:11 PM

4 posts, read 12,505 times
There are plenty of communities that are smaller and offer a "kid" friendly atmosphere that are closer to "the city". Cordillera is very nice, but if it is too remote, i would look between there and 1604.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:52 PM

73 posts, read 123,332 times
In reference to Cordillera Ranch, the only thing I know about it is that former Spurs coach Bob Hill lives there as does wrester Shawn Michaels. Oh yeah, preacher Paula White.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradyFan View Post
In reference to Cordillera Ranch, the only thing I know about it is that former Spurs coach Bob Hill lives there as does wrester Shawn Michaels. Oh yeah, preacher Paula White.

That's funny. I'll ll do a Google search to see what they look like and look around and see if I see any of them in the neighborhood. THANKS TomBradyFan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio