U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-11-2008, 06:35 PM
 
72 posts, read 240,674 times
Reputation: 34

Advertisements

Could anyone for give me the name of a good dermatologist in the NW/North Central area for my 11 year old. The tweens have hit and I need take her to a good dermatologist. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-11-2008, 06:51 PM
 
Location: North Side
181 posts, read 614,056 times
Reputation: 77
I go to Dr. Dotson. He's with Dermatology Associates on Sigma Drive. It's right off Sonterra. I know he has other locations as well. He's wonderful! I've recommended him to many people and they all love him. You can check out their website: Dermatology Associates of San Antonio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2008, 10:00 PM
 
72 posts, read 240,674 times
Reputation: 34
Thank You, we'll try them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2008, 09:25 PM
 
56 posts, read 153,759 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom2 View Post
Could anyone for give me the name of a good dermatologist in the NW/North Central area for my 11 year old. The tweens have hit and I need take her to a good dermatologist. Thanks in advance!
Love Dr. Catherine (Katherine?) Tisdall in Helotes (also has a med center location). She is about to go on maternity leave but has two colleagues taking her patients. She was fabulous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2008, 09:49 PM
 
337 posts, read 1,289,406 times
Reputation: 252
I take my daughter to Dr. Elizabeth Loudon-Calderon in the medical center area on Louis-Pasteur. She is good and her assistant Dr. Allison Martin is great with my DD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 02:16 PM
 
83 posts, read 336,304 times
Reputation: 41
Ditto on Dr. Dotson. My hubby, uncle and pastor all use him with great reviews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Here
10,866 posts, read 11,939,428 times
Reputation: 5986
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAlli View Post
I go to Dr. Dotson. He's with Dermatology Associates on Sigma Drive. It's right off Sonterra. I know he has other locations as well. He's wonderful! I've recommended him to many people and they all love him. You can check out their website: Dermatology Associates of San Antonio
I go to this same place but use Dr. Liz Beightler. She's seems pretty knowledgeable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 09:39 PM
 
288 posts, read 831,547 times
Reputation: 168
My sister went to someone at Dermatology Associates and had a horrible experience, however she went to someone else at the same office and had a great experience. I suppose it totally depends on who you see. The bed experience was with one of the female doctors. She was having warts removed from around her fingernail beds. The result was the most horrible thing I have ever seen in person and my sister was without the use of her hands for over a week. The good experience was with a male doctor. This was for acne treatment. She was treated for a period of time with birth control and Acutane, and has never encountered the problem again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 09:45 PM
 
Location: North Central SA
734 posts, read 2,738,551 times
Reputation: 205
I didn't have a good experience at Derm. Associates either. I had a Dr. look at me from a far, not getting closer than 18 inches away and just gave me birth control and told me to go to my OB/GYN to get other things checked out there.

Now I go to Dr. Robert Ochs and love him! He recognized right away I have Rosacea and that hormonal treatment wouldn't work. My son now goes there too for his wart removal and we've loved it. I'm about to take my daughter for acne because she hasn't had much luck with the meds given to her from Derm. Associates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 09:57 PM
 
3,060 posts, read 6,744,395 times
Reputation: 1253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
I didn't have a good experience at Derm. Associates either. I had a Dr. look at me from a far, not getting closer than 18 inches away and just gave me birth control and told me to go to my OB/GYN to get other things checked out there.

Now I go to Dr. Robert Ochs and love him! He recognized right away I have Rosacea and that hormonal treatment wouldn't work. My son now goes there too for his wart removal and we've loved it. I'm about to take my daughter for acne because she hasn't had much luck with the meds given to her from Derm. Associates.
Can you send me Dr. Ochs' contact info?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top