Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 10:42 AM

1,710 posts, read 4,132,407 times

Advertisements

I just had a delicious meal at Bill Millers. I am happy to report I had to wait in line as usual but the food and delicious tea more than made up for it. The icing on the cake though was I heard on the radio on the way home that Castro will have a Republican opponent for his House seat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 02:27 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,700 times
The words "Bill Millers" and "delicious"...shouldn't be used in th same sentence. IMO.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:37 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
I just had a delicious meal at Bill Millers. I am happy to report I had to wait in line as usual but the food and delicious tea more than made up for it. The icing on the cake though was I heard on the radio on the way home that Castro will have a Republican opponent for his House seat.
It doesn’t matter. He’s in a highly safe and coveted district. That’s why he is able to say ANYTHING that he wants because his actions appeal to his voting base. No different than Trump being able to shoot and kill someone on 5th Avenue and STILL be elected.

Old 08-15-2019, 06:16 PM

8,338 posts, read 5,492,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etcret View Post
A worthless piece of garbage is a worthless piece of garbage. It is people like Castro that people that murder 22 people listen to. So nope, no difference.
You can’t tell the difference between a murderer and a politician you don’t like. It’s because you want it to be like that even though it isn’t.

Old 08-16-2019, 05:13 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustybolt View Post
Boo-friggedy-hoo. If you make a big donation to someone who does bad deeds, you have to expect consequences. And I know it goes both ways. For those of you who are up on your Bible verses, "whatever a man sows, this he will also reap" Galatians 6:7

This is BS. A large part of the people Castro posted on social media were elderly retirees. They now have a target on their backs where any whack job idiot could go after them. I get it, it's public record but Castro literally tried to shame and intimidate them and that's just wrong. He also put our local businesses at risk where literally THOUSANDS of minorities work. No matter how you slice it, he was wrong and San Antonians have long memories. Joaquin did NOT do his brother any favors and for Julian to defend this despicable act says a lot about him.

I'm glad it has backfired on both of them. Bill Miller has very mediocre BBQ but the one up the street from me has been packed ever since they were targeted and I say GOOD FOR THEM. The donors they tried to publicly shame that also donated to them won't be donating to them again, GOOD FOR THEM. Julian should just give it up because he doesn't have a chance at the White House and Joaquin will be booted out of his seat as well.

Old 09-16-2019, 03:46 AM

8 posts, read 4,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Actually, doxing CAN be illegal. Whether this rises to that level, I don't know - but I WILL say that it's absolutely a despicable thing to do. Most folks wouldn't take the time to sift through the various donation lists - he highlighted these folks as a "public shaming". It's beyond childish and petulant, and IMO shows the immature nature of Castro.
In this instance? Its damn near impossible to 'doxx' someone via publicly available information. I mean, ffs, i can find out who anyone is by their license plate. websites like publicdata.com exist for a reason.

its not 'doxxing' when the information is publicly available.

Old 09-16-2019, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
From my experience, the vast, vast, vast majority, dare I say, 90%? of hispanics do, in fact, have last names that are of Spanish origin.
any last name ending in ES or EZ is a bastardized version of the 'correct' spanish last name.

example: chavez > chavo.

Old 09-16-2019, 03:55 AM

Quote:
With an ancestor that served in both the Texas Navy and early Texas Rangers,
All this means is that people related to you were here a while ago. It does not give credence to you being 'more texan' than someone else.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:24 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awildjerk View Post
All this means is that people related to you were here a while ago. It does not give credence to you being 'more texan' than someone else.
Spoken like a true transplant.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:52 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,515 times
Quote:
Spoken like a true transplant.
How true, how true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio