Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2008, 10:17 AM

529 posts, read 2,711,673 times

Advertisements

Hi
I want my dogs to have a doggie door, but I want to make sure they are very secure in the yard. I'm extra cautious because my dogs are special needs. They didn't get socialized when they were growing up and are afraid of a lot of things.

At our last house, I had a fencecrete fence put up and I loved it. I got the precast rock style. See fencecrete.com - Precast-Rockstyle (http://www.siteground149.com/~fencecre/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemi d=52 - broken link).

Unfortunately, I had to move about 6 months after I put it up (neighbor problems). I'm seriously considering getting the same thing put in at my new house but the last fence cost me about 10K and since I only had it for 6 months, I don't know about how well it holds up over the long term. Has anyone had theirs for a while?
Also, I didn't like how they left all their materials on my lawn the 3 weeks it took to build the fence so I want to look at some other alternatives.

Has anyone used wood composite like timberwolf? See Home Page
Does it really not warp over time? I was thinking that it could be installed a lot faster. Is it sturdy enought to keep a large dog contained?

What about vinyl. I don't mind if it fades a bit but will it hold up over time? Will it get brittle? Would it keep a Rottweiler or a pit bull out? All of my neighbors have little dogs right now. But at my last house, I put up the fencecrete fence because my neighbor's rottie kept chewing up the wood fence.

I have a wood fence at the house I'm at right now. The house is only a year old, the wood is already warping. I haven't gotten around to treating it yet but in the past I've seen wood warp even when it was treated all the time.

Any experience? Ideas?

Oh yeah, at my old house, my yard was really big so I actually had two fences put in. A chain link inside the other fence. I want to do that at this new house, but I think the 2nd fence will get in the way of my sprinklers.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 11:34 AM

529 posts, read 2,711,673 times
Oh yeah, I'm also looking for recommendations for installers. Other folks who do concrete fences, people who install wood composite, vinyl, etc..

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenane View Post
Hi
I want my dogs to have a doggie door, but I want to make sure they are very secure in the yard. I'm extra cautious because my dogs are special needs. They didn't get socialized when they were growing up and are afraid of a lot of things.

At our last house, I had a fencecrete fence put up and I loved it. I got the precast rock style. See fencecrete.com - Precast-Rockstyle (http://www.siteground149.com/~fencecre/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemi d=52 - broken link).

Unfortunately, I had to move about 6 months after I put it up (neighbor problems). I'm seriously considering getting the same thing put in at my new house but the last fence cost me about 10K and since I only had it for 6 months, I don't know about how well it holds up over the long term. Has anyone had theirs for a while?
Also, I didn't like how they left all their materials on my lawn the 3 weeks it took to build the fence so I want to look at some other alternatives.

Has anyone used wood composite like timberwolf? See Home Page
Does it really not warp over time? I was thinking that it could be installed a lot faster. Is it sturdy enought to keep a large dog contained?

What about vinyl. I don't mind if it fades a bit but will it hold up over time? Will it get brittle? Would it keep a Rottweiler or a pit bull out? All of my neighbors have little dogs right now. But at my last house, I put up the fencecrete fence because my neighbor's rottie kept chewing up the wood fence.

I have a wood fence at the house I'm at right now. The house is only a year old, the wood is already warping. I haven't gotten around to treating it yet but in the past I've seen wood warp even when it was treated all the time.

Any experience? Ideas?

Oh yeah, at my old house, my yard was really big so I actually had two fences put in. A chain link inside the other fence. I want to do that at this new house, but I think the 2nd fence will get in the way of my sprinklers.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio