Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 07:33 PM

409 posts, read 1,561,627 times

Advertisements

BlondieAggie, are you here?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 08:13 AM

24 posts, read 79,679 times
Default Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDana View Post
Coloratura, I'm in Wodbury Grant, too! We should have a get-together in the neighborhood! We are almost built out! Welcome! Gas is Grey Forest. Trash is up to you-I use Waste Management but am considering a change since I learned from others on the forum that Tiger is cheaper! I use Brinks vs. Security Select and have been please with their response time for our accidents!
I think a neighborhood get together would be great so everyone has the chance to get to know who our neighbors are, especially with Alamo Ranch being a relatively new community. Thanks for the info above too! I was wondering if the alarm system would support other providers as Security Select sounded alittle on the high side price wise with what my sales rep told me. I will ask Brinks to quote the service as well before making a decision.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:46 PM

Coloratura-another neighbor! Welcome to SA and AR! Glad the info I provded was helpful to you! Which community are you in?

Old 05-12-2008, 02:17 PM

16 posts, read 66,283 times
Hi all!

I closed on the 2nd and got moved in this past weekend. I can't find anything! Haven't seen my toothbrush in 3 days! Thank goodness dh found his! We ended up having to go with Time Warner for cable since we couldn't convince AT&T that they serviced us. I have 60 days to cancel so I'm going to be scouting for a Uverse installer.

I think a get-together is a fabulous idea!

Old 05-12-2008, 08:18 PM

394 posts, read 1,506,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieeAggiee View Post
Hi all!

I closed on the 2nd and got moved in this past weekend. I can't find anything! Haven't seen my toothbrush in 3 days! Thank goodness dh found his! We ended up having to go with Time Warner for cable since we couldn't convince AT&T that they serviced us. I have 60 days to cancel so I'm going to be scouting for a Uverse installer.

I think a get-together is a fabulous idea!
We're building in AR too and hope to close in about 5 weeks (we're in the Trails off Lonestar Pky). Anyway we are currently living in an apartment off Culebra (behind Walmart) and have been using Time-Warner since our move to SA about 6 weeks ago. We decided to "try out" TW and did not get locked into anything just yet (as we had never used TW before, had a different cable carrier in KY). Well, for what it's worth - we have been VERY happy w/TW. 200% better than our cable carrier in KY - well, mainly regarding the internet for the most part. Our internet in KY (serviced through Insight) was awful and went out several times per day. Here it hardly ever goes out or required re-booting of the computer.

We intend on continuing the TW service when we move into our house.

On another note - it would be fun to get together with other CD members sometime this summer for a cook-out or something for all the AR /CD residents!

Old 05-12-2008, 10:54 PM

OK, sounds like we have interenst in a gathering! Our daughter is getting married on Saturday in Dallas so I have been quiet busy! We have 2 other family weddings within the next 3 weeks. After that, I'll work on something. It doesn't have to be very involved, does it? Maybe we could all pack a picnic and meet up at the pool? Just to meet would be great!

Old 05-13-2008, 05:42 AM

24 posts, read 79,679 times
A picnic sounds great as it is simple and easy to do.

Nurse Dana- Congrats on your daughter getting married. You must be very excited! To answer your question about which neighborhood I am building in, I am building in the Phase 1 Woodbury Grant section. We're the new home going up on the corner of Coletto Creek and La Bahia Way. I've been out there in the evenings and on the week ends to check on the construction progress. We should be having our pre-drwall meeting Monday from what Pulte is saying.

Blond Aggie- Congrats on closing on your home. I hope you find your toothbrush. It's amazing how many things disappear when we move!

Old 05-13-2008, 07:49 PM

Coloratura-I live in Woodbury Grant-Phase 1! We are almost built out! Congrats-I think you'll love it here-we do! Let's do a picnic soon-a PB & J sandwich is about all we can afford after this wedding weekend! Ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio